Jason Wieck Walks the A/Fuel Dream with New License (1 Viewer)

Jason Wieck Walks the A/Fuel Dream with New License

Los Angeles, Ca. (August 6, 2015) – Some walks are memorable, and some are epic. Jason Wieck walked into the Glendora, California headquarters of the National Hot Rod Association this week with his young son in one hand, and a folder in his other. Having just completed his studies at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, IN with Anthony Dicero, Wieck was at the NHRA offices to make it official. He was there to get his license to drive a Top Alcohol dragster.

“Walking in to NHRA was like a dream,” said Wieck. “It was a surreal experience with people I knew congratulating me, and it went way too fast. A couple of days later it sunk in. I was lying in bed late at night staring at the ceiling and it hit me. This is a huge win for me and I have been truly Blessed. I can’t wait to get back in the driver’s seat.”

The process of licensing in an A/Fuel dragster started for Wieck with research. Already a holder of a Super Comp license, Wieck reached out to other drivers. He spoke with Johnny Ahten and Ashley Sanford and gained valuable advice. The next step was contacting Anthony Dicero. Nitro University is a program created by Dicero where drivers can obtain their NHRA competition license in a full size A/Fuel dragster capable of covering the quarter mile in 5.2 seconds at speeds in excess of 270 mph.

“When I signed up for Anthony Dicero’s Nitro University and found out I could license at Indy I was so excited,” added Wieck. “Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis is hallowed ground and is a huge part of drag racing history. My Great Uncle won Indy in 1970 as an owner and for me to get my license there was awesome. I was also fortunate enough to stay at the track overnight. On the morning of my licensing runs, I woke up early and walked the track. The calm Midwestern morning was eerie. I could feel the nitro echoes and I imagined the crowds roaring and the cars thundering. In three consecutive passes I joined the seven second club, the six second club, and the five second club,” added Wieck.

Wieck’s licensing runs consisted of five passes; with the first two being short runs. On his third run, Wieck ran a 6.24 at 177, followed by a 5.89 at 248, and lastly a 5.81 pass at 246. Wieck is planning on returning to the driver’s seat with Dicero later in the year. For now, nitro dreams and A/Fuel memories provide motivation for Wieck’s future epic walks.

Release courtesy of John Rogers/THR5 Communications

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back