Nitro University’s Tatum Graduates to Top Fuel (1 Viewer)

Tripp-Tatum-licensing-in-Lagana-Family-Dragster-courtesy-of-Bob-Szelag.jpg

Indianapolis, In. (December 10, 2015) – Tripp Tatum has made over one hundred passes in Anthony Dicero’s Nitro University A/Fuel dragster. The injected nitro dragster is fast, but Tatum wanted more. So on a quiet Monday after the Keystone Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway, Tatum strapped into the Lagana Family Dragster and began his transition to licensed Top Fuel pilot.

“It was so hard, so fast, but I felt comfortable,” said Tatum. “The first two passes in Reading ended up in tire smoke. On my third pass I went to half-track on a 4.30 pass. I really love the violence of the Top Fuel car, it just keeps pulling and I learned you better be ahead of it. I feel honored to be able to license with the help of Dom and Bobby Lagana. They made it easy for me. I felt more comfortable after every pass. I was not able to finish my licensing procedure in Maple Grove, so the final stage had to be completed in Vegas. It was not easy to wait to get back behind the wheel of the Nitro Ninja.”

On Monday after the Toyota Nationals in Vegas, Tatum’s first run was a 3.89 elapsed time at 314.39 miles per hour. Next up was a 3.90 pass at 312.93 to complete the Top Fuel licensing process. “It felt good to drive it to the finish line,” added Tatum. “It was a windy day at the Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The car went hard to the right but I was able to reel it back in. “

According to Lagana, “Running a 3.89 and 3.90 back to back says a lot about Tripp and his abilities. The car ran better than we were trying to run, and it went 280 at half track. It was enjoyable for us to do it and it also speaks highly of Antony Dicero’s Nitro University program. Tripp did a great job and it meant so much to him.”

Tatum added, “I am very appreciative of the Lagana family and want to thank Dom and Bobby Lagana for a great car and an amazing experience. I also have to thank Anthony Dicero for all of his guidance and support. The Nitro University program has made my dream of driving a Top Fueler a reality.”

About Nitro University

At Nitro University you have the opportunity to learn to drive and earn your NHRA competition license in a full size A/Fuel dragster capable of covering the quarter mile in 5.2 seconds at speeds in excess of 270 mph. Not only can you learn to drive an NHRA A/Fuel dragster at Nitro University, we will also teach you how to work on one of these 3500 horse power beasts, as well as assist qualified candidates with job placement on an NHRA nitro team. NITRO UNIVERSITY IS THE ANSWER! - Visit us at: http://www.nitrouniversity.com

Release courtesy of John Rogers/THR5 Communications

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back