Seattle Hotel (1 Viewer)

Al

Nitro Member
I had made hotel reservations a year ago, for our annual trip to Seattle for this year's Northwest Nationals. Just by chance, I found out that this hotel (the Clarion Inn in Auburn) has recently closed ! It would have been really annoying if I showed up there the weekend of the race, and have no place to stay. Fortunately, Trivago saved the day and I found a good replacement. Several racers usually stayed at the Clarion, so if any of you know anyone going to Seattle, maybe give them the heads-up, especially if they stay there !
This experience got me to thinking, which is why I am sharing it here. With so many businesses failing because of Covid, there may be many other hotels in race cities that have closed. So it may be a good idea to ensure any hotels you guys have booked, are still okay, well before you leave.
Food for thought.

Hotels are crazy expensive that weekend. We're staying at the Evergreen Inn and Suites off I-5 at Federal Way. $139/ night for their Suite as two of my brother in laws are going for their first time. I miss the old Val-U-Inn in Auburn but it's now a Red Lion and it's over $200/nt. The Marina Inn in Des Moines is reasonable at $100/nt and its right on the water. Looking forward to that weekend!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back