Indy Hotels (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Hey Maters, I'm booking reservations for Indy. In years past, we've stayed at hotels literally walking distance from the airport, since my dad flies in from Phoenix. I guess they've built a new airport, so there really aren't any hotels that close anymore. I also tried to book something in Brownsburg, but they're all full. Any reccomendations to a hotel fairly close to the airport and also the track? I have no idea where the new airport is in relation to the track.

Try Plainfield,In. just west of the airport on I-70. To get to the strip, take I-70 to Ronald Reagan Parkway,go north, turn right at US-40, go about 1/2 mile, turn left on Raceway Road. Stay on Raceway Road until you get to 136 (Crawfordsville Road) turn left, track is on the left (main entrance). Lots of motels and restaurants at Plainfield exit. Maybe 12 miles to the track. Reagan Parkway is the key road to the new Airport, at least from the west...

Last edited:
Nunzio there are a slew of places around Clearmont, I usually stay off the airport expressway cause I could get some great rates there!

Try Plainfield,In. just west of the airport on I-70. To get to the strip, take I-70 to Ronald Reagan Parkway,go north, turn right at US-40, go about 1/2 mile, turn left on Raceway Road. Stay on Raceway Road until you get to 136 (Crawfordsville Road) turn left, track is on the left (main entrance). Lots of motels and restaurants at Plainfield exit. Maybe 12 miles to the track. Reagan Parkway is the key road to the new Airport, at least from the west...

This is great advice. :)

btw..the airport's in the same location. they just built a new terminal to replace the old 1 and you use I-70 to get to it.

we stayed at cambria suites in planefeild,real close to track and new hotel,with a bar!!

That's pretty hard to comprehend after a few Beers!! Lol

Hey I may try the Cambria suites. Am I right in thinking Plainfield is close to Brownsburg as well?

We used to come down and stay at In Town Suites on 85th. It's about 15 mi. North of Airport and still close to track. You can stay up to a week for around $200. It's like a small apartment, mini kitchen with fridge,stove,sink.

You have clean linen when you get there, but they don't change it and clean everyday like a motel. If you catch a housekeeper, they are glad to tidy up if you ask. Think towels are limited too, so we just brought a few extra.

If you are looking for the Marriot, it's not for you. If you want to have more $ for beer at the track and stay at a decent and clean place with no frills, this is it.

In Town Suites-Northwest
5820 W 85th St, Indianapolis, IN 46278
(317) 871-0809

InTown Suites - Extended Stay Living & Short-Term Housing

Each year I have gone I have always stayed at the Marriott Courtyard by the Airport. It is a 15 minute drive to the track from the hotel.

Cool,few people had trouble at courtyard,we stayed there once years ago,didnt have aproblem,but this was pretty recent from what i read

I stayed there for the past 6 years and didn't have a problem. Now, I wouldn't advise on leaving your car unlocked because the area just behind the hotel is a tad questionable.

The past 2 years, we have stayed at the Hampton right off of 465 by the airport. It was brand new the first year we stayed their, very nice accommodations, only about a 15 minute ride to the track. There aren't very many restaurants near the hotel, but you pass a ton of them going to and from the track. The place tends to fill up pretty quickly though.

Anybody know if there is a memorabilia show at all this year? We've gone in years past, usually at the Adam's Mark.

Joe I think you're right, I've heard the internet really hurt the need to have those type of shows anymore. But they were fun, many times we found photos of my dad's A/A from the early 70s, kinda cool treasure hunt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back