Indianapolis - hotel or camp? (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
Hi guys, I'm shortly heading to the USA for a backpacking trip, just in time for the US Nationals. I've done it once before, staying in the city with a group so it wasn't too bad cost wise with rental car and hotel room.
Now I'm looking to do it on something resembling a backpacker budget! Most of the hotels, unless I take the one with the reviews which include pimps in the lobby and mysterious stains in the bedding, are naturally up over $100. There is one hostel in Indianapolis, but no buses head out to the track (from what I know).
My current thought is that renting a van and camping at Raceview might be the cheapest option?
Anyone here have any ideas?
And hey, just throwing it out there, if anyone wants to trade media release/PR services for transport and accommodation maybe we can talk!

look at priceline for hotels.

I stay in good places around the area for well under $100. Usually $60ish. I've had very good luck with priceline finding good rates and hotels.

Not sure of any busses out to the track. Once you get a room, post here, you might find someone in the area willing to offer a ride back and forth or grab a taxi.

My wife and I had VERY GOOD experiences with www.airbnb.com on a recent trip to Italy.
I note several pages of "availables" in the greater Indy area (including, at least one hostel).

Might be worth some research (Of course, check the reviews etc). YMMV

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back