Sad Day (1 Viewer)

Bottom Line is NHRA, IHRA, ADRL or any other body can not control what happens outside of there tracks. This is a tragic event and the law and lawyers will have the final say.

My heart goes out to the families. Very sad day...

interesting how they've done very similar events for the last 15 years and nobody complained then, its very easy to yell I told you so after the fact.

Were all just trying to figure why you think he should be banned for being a good guy donating his time for a good cause.

Kelly, I think maybe the part about killing a bunch of people is why they think he should be banned.

I made my previous posts before I watched the video. I just watched it. If you haven't seen it, you will change your mind after watching. This wasn't a burnout. It amounted to a half track pass. Really looks stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if there are serious charges filed.

WOW I had only seen the little clip they showed on the news this morning. But I just watched the full video, he was way out of control doing a burnout for that long.

Kelly, I think maybe the part about killing a bunch of people is why they think he should be banned.

I made my previous posts before I watched the video. I just watched it. If you haven't seen it, you will change your mind after watching. This wasn't a burnout. It amounted to a half track pass. Really looks stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if there are serious charges filed.
FUNNY it looked exactly like a burnout to me.. Tires smoking from the hit of the throttle till he let out where the guy in the overalls was standing. Some have said the guy in the overalls was the man who started "Cars for Kids". I don't know if it was or not. I think the plan was to do the burnout to that guy. When Troy let out is when things went really wrong from what I saw an heard on the videos.

It amazes me how easy us Drag race fans will throw one of our own under the Bus anytime something Bad happens! I wonder if the internet was around in 1985 if most here would want Jim Dunn banned from the sport forever for what happened at Boise? Think about it....:rolleyes:

I might be Canadian, but I thought that there was something I heard about "Innocent until proven guilty"? And I'm not deeply religious but I distinctly remember reading something about "thou shall not judge, lest ye be judged" (or words to that effect). God and The Government of The United States of America will do the judging. Lay off the poor guy. I'm sure that the families of the deceased would request the same. Let the authorities handle it.

I saw it about 6 times and all I can say is that the whole occurrence was a tribute to "Murphy's Law."
People lined the road which undoubtedly was far from qualified to hold a PM. What would normally have been a pretty burnout turned into quite a tragedy.
Some one will have to be scapegoated for this, no doubt.

Pondering this for a while now:

How's this going to affect Mel, Ashley and Angelle's GMA this Thursday? As great a group of Ambassadors for this sport they all may be, somehow I get the impression that local government and show producers are changing the game as we speak.

And I personally would not want to be on the recieving end of the LIVE questions that will inevitably be asked of them.. And any idea of a warm-up has probably gone right out the window..

Best of luck, ladies...

Pondering this for a while now:

How's this going to affect Mel, Ashley and Angelle's GMA this Thursday? As great a group of Ambassadors for this sport they all may be, somehow I get the impression that local government and show producers are changing the game as we speak.

And I personally would not want to be on the recieving end of the LIVE questions that will inevitably be asked of them.. And any idea of a warm-up has probably gone right out the window..

Best of luck, ladies...
Actually, GMA pointed out, after showing the crash that some events, not only racing, have potential danger, and went as far as showing a crash at an air show and a little girl getting hit with a Hockey puck who subsequently died from, what didn't appear to be life threatening injuries.
They said that the spectators should use commons sense precautions.
With that said, this TN crash shouldn't have happened.

I was going to use the word idiot to discribe the drivers actions, but that is abit strong. He was however very stupid and in running the car without 'reading' the track before the burnout to see what it was like.

The driver is in a VERY bad place right now and I bet u he has tried to take his own life at least one since the accident. I do feel for him.

It was one of those deals where baseball, or being a stunt pilot, you think you know what will happen, but unless your in a controled enviroment (baseball - a playing field), (stunt pilot - in the middle of the airfield away from spectators). - Ok, abit OTT! If your doing baseball in the street, as good as you think you are, you WILL break a window. If you want to hoop above the croud and you don't leave yourself enough room whehn your coming out of the loop, DISTASTER.

Unfortunally, it is one of those 'learn the lessions' things. We all new in our hearts something would happen to race cars who are let loose in uncontrolled enviroments, - burnouts in streets lined by people. It is just this driver was the unlucky guy who found out what does happen if things do go pareshaped.

I feel the driver should be banned from Pro Mod for a few years, along with the team from racing. But prision isn't the answer here.

He should now front a campaign with NHRA and AMS to show kids what the dangers are of street racing.

I doubt very much he would want to get behind the wheel again for a very long time anyhow.

NHRA says, no street racing, just racing on the strip. Is that the AMS policy?

I hope that alll NHRA drivers will think about doing this again, unless they have at least some form of barriers (protection according to the power of the car/bike.

Not a good chapter for NHRA PR

Cheers

James S Welling
[email protected]

The assumption is that he did not lift...is it not possible that there was a mechanical problem with the linkage or throttle cable?

I feel the driver should be banned from Pro Mod for a few years, along with the team from racing. But prision isn't the answer here.

He should now front a campaign with NHRA and AMS to show kids what the dangers are of street racing.

I doubt very much he would want to get behind the wheel again for a very long time anyhow.

NHRA says, no street racing, just racing on the strip. Is that the AMS policy?

I hope that alll NHRA drivers will think about doing this again, unless they have at least some form of barriers (protection according to the power of the car/bike.

Not a good chapter for NHRA PR

Cheers

James S Welling
[email protected]

Dave Wood the guy who owns the teams owns AMS, he's the reason there is a Pro Mod show at a NHRA event to begin with. And there team, now partnered with Tommy Lipar's Dr Moon's Rage, is the BEST team in pro mod. Josh and Troy are the quickest and fastest pro mod's on the planet. You cant ban the team or him b/c countless others have done the exaxt same thing without anything happening to them. They were just lucky enough that nothing went wrong. If you ban them, then you have to ban Jeggie, Millican, etc etc etc.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back