Sad Day (1 Viewer)

Re: Media Sucks!

Do what I did...e-mail the AP and tell them this isn't right.I'm sad for the bystanders,but a "drag racer" did not kill those people.

Also MSNBC is using the same AP link on their site as well.I've also e-mailed them with my opinion.

I strongly urge all of you to express your displeasure with these types of headlines.Believe me the old adage "strength in numbers" does work in cases like these.Be cordial in your writing.

Part of the story has already been corrected,so e-mailing them DOES work.Again,be cordial.

Wow, sure looks like a real drag car to me, maybe a Pro Mod? Sounds like the guy was driving it in a parade and decided to "show off". Very sad end result of his carelessness!

I've entered some of my previous dragsters in parades. I had someone tow me behind a car or truck. Didn't even start it during the parade for fear of scaring bystanders.

This is a very sad story....

As usual,point is missed!!!

READ the headline. Why not "race car causes whatever" instead of DRAG RACER.

Uh, because a drag racer was at the wheel for the crash?

Ian

Very sad deal there. :(

It seems like the driver might have stayed in the burnout a little too long.

Never mind.It seems as those of you think it's Ok to sensationalize a story at the expense of a fellow racer.No wonder corporate sponsorships are hard to come by with headlines like these.

Never mind.It seems as those of you think it's Ok to sensationalize a story at the expense of a fellow racer.No wonder corporate sponsorships are hard to come by with headlines like these.

I here ya Chris!
The point is that it could have been worded better the way the headline reads as if he intended too! :cool:

Yes it did happen and it is unfortunate that spectators were killed but the media makes it sound intensional because of how the headline reads!

Do you get it now? :confused:

I am sorry guys...it's sad to me that 4 people lost their lives and instead of feeling sorry for the families of those who are now living without someone, and grieving for loss of people, we are complaining about a stupid headline.

Let's get our priorities straight here.

It was irresponsible to be making burnouts in a parade situation, with no guard rails or walls to protect the spectators. The parade organizers should not have permitted it and the racers involved should not have agreed to do it. Bad judgement all around.

Don't rag on the AP or Yahoo, Troy Critchley is a drag racer and it was a drag racing vehicle. The fact that it was operated in a manner expressly prohibited by all drag race sanctioning bodies (they all prohibit burnouts in the pits or on return roads) should be made known, but drag racing will get a black eye on this one.

Critchley is exciting to watch, but he went through several cars in the past couple seasons and has a reputation for "never lifting."

I am sorry guys...it's sad to me that 4 people lost their lives and instead of feeling sorry for the families of those who are now living without someone, and grieving for loss of people, we are complaining about a stupid headline.

Let's get our priorities straight here.

You are right Jeremy but the headline could have been worded better!

I certainly feel for the people who's lives were lost and their family members but you know the stereotype Drag Racers fall under that headline didn't help was my point.
The lost lives are more important you wont get an argument out of me on that issue. :(

Off subject for a moment, but still related...
Our local news stations use to always report street racing accidents which average around 2 a week here, as DR... For the last two years, I have NEVER heard the 5 local stations call it a DR accident anymore... It's always Street Racing... Anyone else still hear they were DR at the time of the accident?? Just wondering if the message has reached beyond my viewing area...

My condolences to all of the families involved... :(
That is NOT who we are, or what we are about... :eek:

I don't see any other way to word it.

What a tragedy..and I just can't fathom how this could have even happened. Wack the throttle maybe..but do a burnout??

The last thing I thought of when reading that was the fargin headlines..or what implications it has on drag racing. People are dead..and witnesses are scarred for life.

Very sad.

I hear you Chris, but in this case what gives our sport the bad press is a drag racer in a drag race vehicle who made a very bad choice. If we can't face the truth then we're no better than an uninformed reporter. Drag race cars are for the strip, period.

Oh man.
That's really sad.
Heart is heavy for those that lost their lives, thier families and especially Troy.
:(

Wonder if there is anything we as drag racing people can do to help those folks.
:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back