Rain at Maple Grove?? (1 Viewer)

This was a good decision. The pros will be fine; back to the shop & re-wash & detail the rigs and get ready for Texas. It MOSTLY Sucks for those fans who got off work or whatever and had it all planned out with prepaid tickets & such, and for those who fans drove or flew in just for the race. I've never had a complete race weekend rained out on me... but I would be pretty damn bummed if it did, because I don't just wake up that Friday & say "hey, let's go to the drags"...... my race weekends are planned out waaay in advance.

Just got back from the world's largest water box. :eek: One thing that hasn't been discussed is the condition of Maple Grove Raceway's pits. I took the long walk into the sportsman pits on Friday and again this morning (never did find where Kevin Brown was pitted:confused: ). I think it's an embarrassment to allow these competitors to pit in 4-6 inches of pure muck. Even Tommy Lee's pit was on grass or should I say what was left of the grass. The alcohol ranks looked like a "plywood city" with all the lumber they deployed trying to get a firm place to service their cars. I really hope the track owners invest in some gravel soon. :mad:

Reading.jpg

"I took the long walk into the sportsman pits on Friday and again this morning (never did find where Kevin Brown was pitted ). I think it's an embarrassment to allow these competitors to pit in 4-6 inches of pure muck."
Yup, don't forget that the lucky Sportsman GET to pay to get into that mess too.:rolleyes:

And the swell part of espn's coverage is NOTHING.:rolleyes: Can't even run an old race in it's place.
30 sec blurb about tomorrow's morning show and bye.:mad:

I was looking at a weather website and saw rain for Saturday in Ennis.

Its central Texas, what the weatherman says is completely useless until the actual day of the event. They say that just so you will watch there weather station all week seeing about the "rain" coming for the weekend :rolleyes: .

And the swell part of espn's coverage is NOTHING.:rolleyes: Can't even run an old race in it's place.
30 sec blurb about tomorrow's morning show and bye.:mad:

You certainly got that right. How about showing the entire race that was rain delayed a few weeks back? And if not an old race, then they could at least given us driver interviews and the like as happens when a NASCAR race gets rained out.

LMAO Mike! So true.....but, this is by far the wettest late summer I can remember in years. The good thing is mostly it's sporadic. I guess we'll see.

LMAO Mike! So true.....but, this is by far the wettest late summer I can remember in years. The good thing is mostly it's sporadic. I guess we'll see.

Its rained here in Waco twice in maybe the last 5 months lol its DRY, dry as in you can hear the grass crackle under your feet when you walk.

I just got back from the Grove and the whole experience this weekend didn't seem real. It was eeriely similar to the fiasco with Hurricane Ivan two years ago, at least that time I knew going in to the adventure that the odds of seeing racing didn't look that good, but took a chance anyway. This time it was like I was completely blindsided by the rain, all week leading up to the race the forecast looked great, I was thinking that maybe there would be a little rain early on Friday and blow out of town for the weekend. If yesterday wasn't bad enough I got up this morning and turned on the weather channel and the map looked clean except for a small shower, I told my father things looked great for today, boy was I wrong. Honestly though if I had not seen it I wouldn't have believed it, the rain just got set in the valley and would not lift. I got up at 4 AM yesterday, got to the track a little after 11, got soaked and left, drove to the track today, parked on someone's lawn sat in the car for an hour and then heard the news and drove 5 hours home. The reward of all of this is seeing the race in late Sept once again, I've always said that is when this race should be permanently (Richmond weekend) and Richmond should be moved to August. By the way if there's anybody out there scrambling for a room for the rescheduled date, check out the Best Western in Pottstown, I just reserved a room there for $75 per night, everywhere else I looked was over $100.

Pottstown? Holy crap! I've been there.....for pizza. ;) My grandparents live in Minersville.

Ya know what really bothered me.. Yesterday (Fri) I walked around the pits.. and saw Louigi Novilli TF pitted in the MUD.. all the Alky car were also in mud.... but the big $$ teams each had 4-5 trailers.. I can understand 2 for 2 cars.. and a 3rd for repair.. but do they need 2 side by side to accommodate maybe 1/2 dozen "special guests" you got 6-8 people sitting where a legit TF car could be pitted instead of in 6" of mud!

Ya gotta love E Town NO ONE parks on grass or mud.. granted Maple Grove is nicer looking.. and is nice to see corn & cows.. but at E Town any car on the property can drive to the staging lane w/no problem...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back