Rain at Maple Grove?? (2 Viewers)

Erica and David will look pretty smart if this thing rains out (Hope it doesn't continue to rain for racing sake)... They would have been able to stay home, not miss a thing , save a boat load (Pardon the pun) of money and get more valuable time in the shop.

Rain Sux

It's still raining here at the grove. It seems that my idea of "Scattered showers" and the weatherman's aren't the same thing.

Alan

I skipped this year,just because of tired of sitting around for it to stop raining like the last ten years. i swear that track is doomed with a big rain cloud over it 24/7.

So, stupid question
Qualifying gets washed out, they start by points, right?
I'm a couple of hundred due south and it's gloomy and raining here... and what happen here on the Virginia coast happens in PA about five to eight hours later... sorry guys...:(

This is Reading. I went to the race for 10+ years and it was placed in the wrong time of the year. Next year, the biggest problem will probably be thunderstorms from the afternoon heat. I am happy to say I witnessed numerous record runs at Reading and I can only hope it can continue in August. One positive of the move is that you shouldn't have to worry about complete rain outs.

Exactly right! What you will get for sure is thunderstorms and delays but few rain outs. Few records either.

I just may have to plan a trip to visit my parents in two weeks. The conditions could be ideal.

Rain showers wash out*22nd annual Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals

Rain showers wash out 22nd annual Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals

MOHNTON, Pa. --
The 22nd annual Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway were rained out and are rescheduled for Sept. 29, 30 and Oct. 1. Pro sessions will be held at 1 and 4 p.m. on Sept. 29, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Sept. 30, and final eliminations begin at 11 a.m. on Oct. 1.

"The rain is scheduled to last until 3 p.m. today and the parking lots would not dry out in time for Sunday racing," said Graham Light, sr. vice president, racing operations.

Former*POWERade Series champions Tony Schumacher, Tony Pedregon, Greg Anderson, and Angelle Sampey are the defending champions of this event.

Well this blows. I'm glad I'm not paying the fuel bills for the teams.

S/F
D

Yeah but Reading to Dallas to Reading is going to be way too much fun for folks. Hopefully the rain date doesn't rain/snow out.

D

How is this going to affect things?

How is this date going to affect things, the President's Cup for the IHRA is the same weekend????? Does anyone think that there are going to be a few less cars out there? Clay Millican usually shows up for NHRA races when there's a hole in the schedule, but he's in the points for IHRA....where do we think he will be? Bob Gilbertson....Gary Densham.....going to be interesting to see where certain people end up!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back