Prescription Med Mess! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
I know there are several Maters my age who are waiting to make it to Medicare so the rest of you can pay for our healthcare - listen to this!
I switched from an HMO at $1298 per month (with $5000 deductible) to a major medical policy at $598 per month ($500 deductible) but no Rx coverage.Tried ordering meds online, but I really didn't want to order them when they are made in India.
Walgreen's has a program for people with no prescription coverage. In every case for nine prescriptions, the cost was less than the copays from the HMO! We were paying a copay of $35 a month for one of my wife's, and could only order a one month supply. Total cost under Walgreen's program for three months? - $30!
It would seem that the Rx industry is even more obscenely profitable than most of us think. I'm certainly thankful to Walgreen's for this program which is just starting to be advertised.
If you are a young person in good health, health insurance can be reasonable. If you are a 60 year old diabetic, you can only hope to afford some kind of coverage and live until you make it to Medicare. -:rolleyes:

Your right Jim. I just ordered mine tonight online and I say thanks for my RX plan and hope I can keep it till I'm sixty five.

About the meds, unless our kids decide to throw us under the bus or let us expire in the streets the prescription drug bill will keep us healthy longer and save tons in the long run from seniors getting sick because they can't afford the drugs to prevent it.
Wellness and prevention will soon become the new wave of medicine in the future.
Simply because our generation is large and has always found answers to what ails us both physically and financially.
What can I say we are wusses and hate pain!

Jim,
I'm really interested. What insurance carrier did you go with. We are about to make a change here for my wife and I as well as Paul and Buzzz under one plan.

The cost of insurance is insane! Me & Mace's policy is $2650 per quarter with a $5,000 deductable. I am trying to find something cheaper. We have been with the same carrier for 8 years and certainly have not gotten back what we have paid into it. We are pretty healthy people!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back