Nitrogate......The Don answers! (1 Viewer)

The NHRA were tipped off from other teams....And how many other teams are defending them on this situation? Think about it...when you are the best team in T/F you had better assume everyone will be taking shots @ you @ any level..

Wow . . . Ratting out a Don! Sounds like a good way to wake up with an oily, windowed engine block in your bed! - ;)

Normally, I'd agree but the pro stock truck debacle was beyond substantial and no heads rolled then. Maybe it's because the heads are permanently affixed to the organization. I believe it would be impossible to change these guards despite their actions. Ask the guy sitting in his living room when one of them rolled through?

I just think it is arrogant beyond belief for NHRA to be ready to fine someone while damaging their reputation, then be willing to do nothing in return if they're the ones who are wrong. The monetary penalties should go both ways, IMO.

There is one way that could make it go both ways. They have their little clause that says they can disallow someone from competing while action is pending against them. Right?

What if EVERY NHRA racer at every level disallowed NHRA from having them at their event (boycott for the non professionals, colds and flus for the pros, LOL) until NHRA drops this? Treat them the way they treat others for a change.

I guess you don't believe me and that's fine, ask DSR if they can use Pro Nitro in a national event. That will tell you if it's legal or not.

With the and/or NHRA doesn't have a chance of winning, if he was caught using it totally different story. Apparently some people don't like Don S. but he's a very smart business man and wouldn't make a mistake like this. He knows exactly what he can and can't do.

With the and/or NHRA doesn't have a chance of winning, if he was caught using it totally different story. Apparently some people don't like Don S. but he's a very smart business man and wouldn't make a mistake like this. He knows exactly what he can and can't do.

I actually read the and/or as NHRA's loophole. I think "and" works for them and if it was only "or" it would have worked for Don.

I also look at the spirit of any law vs the letter of it. I don't think anyone thinks that four drums of leftover fuel that the track gave him that was up in a trailer was going to be used at that event.

If they're going to hold Don to the letter of it, I'd rather see everyone make NHRA a ghost town.

Last edited:
Jeez, another one. There is no and/or, the only approved nitro supplier for national events is VP, period.

Read the damn rulebook.

It is Don's contention that the 4 barrels were approved by the NHRA as legal, and they were certainly never used at the race. They were upstairs in one of the trailers.
Why does he go put of his way to make sure that they were not cheating by using the nitro, because that nitro is not legal for national events. The rulebook also states they cannot have it in the their pit area and/or transporter, which they admit to!

Being a smart business man doesn't mean you don't make mistakes. The difference is the smart one's learn from their mistakes, use it to their advantage the next time and move on, let's see what DSR does.

All teams make mistakes because they are made of people, not robots. I'm reminded of last season when the Army team skipped the scales losing valuable points, I guess there not so perfect after all, right Jesse.

My hunch is that this is not the first time that any team has been told about the rule, this case brought it to public view which I think is what NHRA wanted. You have to be able to enforce rules in order for them to mean anything.

I could be wrong, but I would like to hear it straight from DSR, not their blinded fans.

Last edited:
Jeez, another one. There is no and/or, the only approved nitro supplier for national events is VP, period.

Read the damn rulebook.

Why does he go put of his way to make sure that they were not cheating by using the nitro, because that nitro is not legal for national events. The rulebook also states they cannot have it in the their pit area and/or transporter, which they admit to!

Being a smart business man doesn't mean you don't make mistakes. The difference is the smart one's learn from their mistakes, use it to their advantage the next time and move on, let's see what DSR does.

All teams make mistakes because they are made of people, not robots. I'm reminded of last season when the Army team skipped the scales losing valuable points, I guess there not so perfect after all, right Jesse.

My hunch is that this is not the first time that any team has been told about the rule, this case brought it to public view which I think is what NHRA wanted. You have to be able to enforce rules in order for them to mean anything.

I could be wrong, but I would like to hear it straight from DSR, not their blinded fans.

First of all Paul i don't post on here to start fights, second I never said anyone was perfect. You can post on here and show your frustration, you can cuss at me, Jim, and anyone you please but if you study the rule book 2008 issue pg 64, there is an and/or and it does not state one name of distributors of nitromethane. And because of the way Graham L. handle this issue in a way to intentionally embarrass DSR, I am staying on Don S. side because the evidence shows he has done nothing wrong. PERIOD.

It would be interesting to know how much nitro his teams were buying from authorized suppliers at the races compared to other fuel teams. If the rumors coming from the pro ranks are correct it is about 25% of what other teams are buying per car per pass.

It would be interesting to know how much nitro his teams were buying from authorized suppliers at the races compared to other fuel teams. If the rumors coming from the pro ranks are correct it is about 25% of what other teams are buying per car per pass.

From the information thats been posted is that VP buys there nitro through same distributor as Don S. or from Don and then pump it into there own labeled barrels. Don then in return buys nitro from VP for racing at events and then uses fuel from supplier for testing. So he probably brings VP's nitro with teams for event and buys what extra he needs which is legal. So what he buys compared to other teams shouldn't be an issue.

First of all Paul i don't post on here to start fights, second I never said anyone was perfect. You can post on here and show your frustration, you can cuss at me, Jim, and anyone you please but if you study the rule book 2008 issue pg 64, there is an and/or and it does not state one name of distributors of nitromethane. And because of the way Graham L. handle this issue in a way to intentionally embarrass DSR, I am staying on Don S. side because the evidence shows he has done nothing wrong. PERIOD.
Can you tell us what is the ONLY NHRA national event approved supplier of nitro is?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Pro Nitro. If it's not an approved supplier, it is illegal and you cannot have it in the pit area or in the transporter.

The and/or is in case they add another supplier, BUT THEY HAVEN'T!

READ THE WHOLE PARAGRAPH!

Can you tell us what is the ONLY NHRA national event approved supplier of nitro is?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Pro Nitro. If it's not an approved supplier, it is illegal and you cannot have it in the pit area or in the transporter.

It doesn't matter how logical you're post, or how clear the rule book, there are going to be those who despise the powers-that-be at Glendora so much that they will never agree with the point you're trying to make. In NASCAR when an illegal part is found it is placed on a table in an open area for all the competitors to see. In my opinion the only mistake the NHRA made in this situation was not to haul those drums into an open area so that the television cameras could have had access to them. What hasn't been said is that according to the rules the NHRA could have disqualified the DSR cars from the event, which wasn't done.

If I were fined 100k I'd be pissed too. But if I'd been so careful to dot my i's and cross my t's with the Dept. of Homeland Security, one would think it would have been barely an afterthought for me to have made sure that I would have also done the same with the NHRA.

[/QUOTE ]

Paul, i have a copy of every NHRA'S rule book since 1985 the first year I raced in Div 5. Before that I raced in AHRA for 15 yrs. so i fill i know how to read a rule book and i feel I'm qualified to know a little about Drag Racing. Rules are put in place for a reason and if there 's a infraction made in the rules it should be handled in private behind closed doors. For obvious reasons this was not handle in that manner, instead Graham L. brought it up on ESPN in front of millions of people which left it open for public speculation. You Paul have decided to lean to NHRA side and that they handled it respectfully and the fine fits the infraction. The majority sees it as being wrong and that NHRA should retract there decision. You have strongly stated your opinion and so have we and we will just have to wait and see the outcome of this matter.

Paul... you are starting to piss me off...

"The nitromethane in the DSR pits was from an NHRA-accepted supplier; thus, DSR did not violate the NHRA regulation. Specifically, the nitro methane in question came from Wego. In fact, Wego purchased this nitromethane from Pro Nitro. You will recall that both you and Graham Light told Mr. Schumacher that Pro Nitro was also an NHRA-accepted supplier.

"NHRA amended its Rulebook on February 13, 2004. In doing so, NHRA stated as follows: "the accepted suppliers of NHRA nitro methane are DOW/Angus and Wego." After diligent research, DSR can find no subsequent amendment to the NHRA rulebook excluding Wego as an accepted supplier. Again, you personally indicated to Mr. Schumacher that Pro Nitro was also an accepted supplier of nitromethane to the NHRA."

Jim

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

Like I asked on the other thread, if the Pro Nitro fuel is legal, why doesn't DSR use it as their fuel in national events?

Don's explanation is pretty clear about theses barrels. Maybe we should meet and discuss who is more pissed off?

Jim

popcorn2.gif

If you want, I can PM you with where we can meet, and Mr. Jannard, I do not take threats lightly.

Paul... I'm sorry if you consider these threats. Not intended. I am struggling to keep Oakley in the game. It is very frustrating to hear false allegations of cheating on the behalf of Oakley and DSR. That is clearly not the case.

It appears that you believe otherwise? Just say so...

Jim

Paul... I'm sorry if you consider these threats. Not intended. I am struggling to keep Oakley in the game. It is very frustrating to hear false allegations of cheating on the behalf of Oakley and DSR. That is clearly not the case.

It appears that you believe otherwise? Just say so...

Jim
Actually Mr. Jannard, I have already stated my concerns. I do not think that the nitro in question was used, but I do think it violated NHRA rules by having that nitro in the transporters.

And to me, the test of whether it was legal or not is if it can be used during a national event.

If it can, then no problem, but if it can't then to me it is violating the storage clause in the rules.

Every report I have seen from DSR clearly made the distinction that it was not used. Why?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back