Nitro limitations (1 Viewer)

I know some folks that match race in Canada. I wonder how this will affect them? I imagine that they will have to purchase the fuel on the other side of the border. Does anyone know if the price is the same in Canada?

Question One: Follow the money. What enterprise is benefitting from this government action??? Where in "the government" is this originating from? What department or bureaucracy? Courts, politicians? The public? The totally screwed out of business fertilizer companies getting retribution?

Question Two: Did the terrorist groups that Tim Mcveigh belonged to get dissolved or have they just gone underground and are planning something REALLY BIG? I would think the anti-government Ruby Ridge Crowd would be ballistic with the police state occurrences becoming more frequent the last few years?

Question Three: If no ammonium nitrate and nitromethane, can people no longer make wmd class bombs?

Just wondering?

-90% Jimmy
:D

Well, now I can't even park my trailer on the side of my house without it being surrounded by a 6 foot high fence and gate. Keep voting democrat and you'll get even more.

Sorry Rich but it's not the Democrats doing this stuff; his name is Bush!
Remember the phone tapping ****. And all the BS people have to go thru to come back into the US from Canada!!! A freaking passport or a drivers license that costs ya $50 more!!!

As per the cost of nitro or ANYTHING else; just look at the ridiculous price of diesel fuel.

Without trucks, America stops! And someone has to pay for the fuel to run those trucks.

Just venting 'cause I can't smell nitro til July!!! :(

:):)

I won't go in to Wayne's rediculous argument on trailer storage and wire tapping but I will say that some of what I read concerning the nitro fuel cost forecast was one of the things that inspired me to start the perfect storm post. But it gets worse. If no racer can have more than 5 gallons and the fuel is delivered and taken away after each national event what are the nostalgia racers and A/fuel racers going to do at local and divisional meets? A lot of times the only fuel you can get at the track is gas and methanol.WTF!

I won't go in to Wayne's rediculous argument on trailer storage and wire tapping but I will say that some of what I read concerning the nitro fuel cost forecast was one of the things that inspired me to start the perfect storm post. But it gets worse. If no racer can have more than 5 gallons and the fuel is delivered and taken away after each national event what are the nostalgia racers and A/fuel racers going to do at local and divisional meets? A lot of times the only fuel you can get at the track is gas and methanol.WTF!

Too bad you didn't read my last post! I was taking offense to your blaming the democrats for the bull**** surrounding the nitro situation!!!

Pardon me for ............

The company I was with, was hauling and selling nitro in 55 gallon drums (wich are around 53 gallons of product), as recent as the Vegas warm ups, with no such rule being inforced or even mentioned by track, supplier or firemarshall. How and who would enforce this law?? I dont doubt that it is true, I doubt that it will be enforced.

Don by chance do you drive a black Yukon and were driving thru Oakdale yesterday?

Consider the fact that SEMA and NHRA have contacts within the government who monitor things just like the new nitro rules. Where have they been and why didn't they do anything to try to stop them? This is going to make life so much harder on the crews....having to keep trapesing back & forth to the big fuel truck. Looks like VP just keeps getting a bigger & bigger hold on the nitro market. Because they will now have the extra charge to transport more fuel, of course the price will have to go up more.....

What about the nostalgia and cacklefest cars that run completely different events than NHRA or IHRA?

With the current economic situation in this country, if NHRA doesn't forget about their personal pocket books and start paying attention, they will soon have no sponsors, no racers, and no spectators.....hence no pocket books.

This is going to make life so much harder on the crews....having to keep trapesing back & forth to the big fuel truck
They can have as much as they want ,they just have to be registered with the federal government, and keep records of where it went. They are looking for dangerous people. (Randy might be on the list already :D)

What about the nostalgia and cacklefest cars that run completely different events than NHRA or IHRA?

The new rule applies to everyone in the USA, even schools have to register all their "Homeland listed" chemicals over 400#.

I understand the strain it puts on the racers, and that sucks.

But being from OKC, and and having had my wife working down the street from that building, and knowing people that were in that building, I don't care if they are asking for DNA from people to help track it, you won't hear any complaints from me.

I guess it all depends upon your viewpoint.

I understand the strain it puts on the racers, and that sucks.

But being from OKC, and and having had my wife working down the street from that building, and knowing people that were in that building, I don't care if they are asking for DNA from people to help track it, you won't hear any complaints from me.

I guess it all depends upon your viewpoint.
The fault with your logic though is that diesel would have been almost as powerful as nitro in an ANFO bomb. Are we going to lock up all the diesel too? :rolleyes:

The fault with your logic though is that diesel would have been almost as powerful as nitro in an ANFO bomb. Are we going to lock up all the diesel too? :rolleyes:

Now Brent, don't be using logic & the Federal government in the same statement. :)
Soon we'll need a permit to buy gasoline, it is bad stuff too.

Here's a scenario about how this all could have happened: Homeland Security starts looking in to where the nitro from the Okla bombing came from. They talk to NHRA, who refers them to VP, the on-track supplier, who once cleared offers to help with rules to insure the safety of nitro from now on.....conceding how dangerous it "could" be if these professional racers don't know how to handle it properly. "Why don't you just let us handle everything. Then you'll always know where it is". Well of course Homeland Security is going to go along with that, because they don't have to expend any energy or personnel on the subject. Hence, VP gets a strangle hold on nitro and the racers pay, once again, big time.

What do you think?

In the 60's, NHRA had a brief Nitro Ban for safety reasons. Maybe this is what the lawyers are looking for to keep the lawsuits at bay?

Unleader gasoline for all racecars! Yah, that's the answer! :D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back