Nitromethane Are you smarter than a fifth grader (1 Viewer)

Nitro4U

Nitro Member
Posted: Monday January 12th, 2009 03:28 pm Edit Quote Reply

Nitromethane Are you smarter than a 5th grader

After reading on several different sites I keep seeing articles about nitromethane for sale at discounted prices, that's a good thing I guess!

But I also see that nitromethane is 99.0 / 99.5 and yet some companies intend on calling it 100% pure nitromethane. The only pure nitromethane is
99.9% The lesser grades contain:
1) High Acid Content
2) High Moisture Content
Each of which contribute to Fuel Pump Problems, O-ring problems along with a list of other problems/
3) Rubber in some fuel lines have turned the nitromethane black, use good fuel lines to keep from acid type problems/
4) Strain your fuel through a new clean chamois and make sure there is no additional moisture in it as well as other contaminants that may come from the drum it self.

Correct me if I’m wrong "What is 100%"?

When you purchase nitromethane you want 99.9 percent
The cleanest purest product available. The difference in the price is 100.00 to 200.00 Per drum higher, depending on the supplier.
Don't be fooled by percentages!

We also see people advertising 55 Gallons of Nitromethane////
53.5 Gallons of Nitromethane which is 225 KG 540 LBS is what is in the barrel

Homeland Security:
Chemicals of Interest
A person that is not Top Screened my only have in there possession 400 LBS.
Which is around 42-43 Gallons.
Anyone can sell you 53 gallons but it is you that is being put into the situation that you now have more then the law allows. Last year at the World finals some of the Pro Teams were introduced to Homeland security officials, as they toured the Pro pits with Tom Compton.

Is it being policed? You have to be the one to find out.

Each supplier that services an event must notify Homeland Security of when, where and how much product they have, plus insure that it is safe

When also talking about the gallons a person may have percentage doesn’t mean anything in the industrial world to Homeland Security you could have
10% or 100% you may still only have 400 LBS.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back