Nitro limitations (1 Viewer)

Tom

Nitro Member
Anyone heard that there will be a limiting Nitro to 40 gallons in the pits this year???

Tom,

I have not heard that but if it were true I would be stunned. Since Nitro is sold by the drum it would seem that 55 gal would be the rule if there were a rule. Otherwise what would you do order 3/4 of a drum?

Alan

Anyone heard that there will be a limiting Nitro to 40 gallons in the pits this year???

There is a new Homeland rule that requires anyone with more than 400 pounds of any of their listed chemicals (nitromethane is on the list) to register with the government. Forty gallons of Nitro weighs just under 400 pounds.

There is talk that the U.S. government may only allow nitro to be transported in 40 gallon drums,as the Homeland Security folks say that nitro is on their list of bad stuff for making weapons.

The company I was with, was hauling and selling nitro in 55 gallon drums (wich are around 53 gallons of product), as recent as the Vegas warm ups, with no such rule being inforced or even mentioned by track, supplier or firemarshall. How and who would enforce this law?? I dont doubt that it is true, I doubt that it will be enforced.

The question is, how are you going to run a full weekend without running out. Even the Front Engine Dragsters would have issues with getting through the weekend. Just noticed that they are discussing it on the Flamer.

Jeez! Next thing you know, we'll have to register with the Government to order a quarter pounder since "McDonald's causes obesity". :rolleyes:

Anyone ever read the court depositions from the douchebag and his accompliss that blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City? They bought a drum of Nitromethane at an event and supposedly used some of it to make their bomb, which is probably why Nitro is on the Government's list. :rolleyes:

Diesel fuel mixed with nitrate fertilizer works almost as well as nitromethane - I guess I can't have more than 40 gallons in my motorhome tank??

Oh for cripes sake. Do I have this straight?.....allowing a select amount of Professional racers and vendors to have bulk containers of Nitro in thier work area is dangerous........ yet it's OK to serve endless beer all day long and let people drive home afterwards? :confused: Spectacular! :confused:

This has been coming for at least two years , Nitro barrels now have serial numbers that should be recorded ,and the empty drums accounted for by the suppliers. All the additional paperwork bullsh*t is one of the reasons Angus stopped suppling Nitro for drag racing. The 400 pound deal is a new thing. You can still have a greater amount, Uncle Sam just wants all your info. Three drums were used in the Okie City big boom.

In the OKC bombing McVeigh used a mx of ammonium nitrate and nitro. After that they put so many restrictions and rquirments on nitrate the dealers and manufacturers couldn't afford to make and handle it any longer. Now you can no longer get it. The stuff you buy to put on your yard is a chemical subsitute and doesn't work as well. Sounds like thay are now going after nitro. Here comes the government to help us again.

Oh for cripes sake. Do I have this straight?.....allowing a select amount of Professional racers and vendors to have bulk containers of Nitro in thier work area is dangerous........ yet it's OK to serve endless beer all day long and let people drive home afterwards? :confused: Spectacular! :confused:

Only as long as you wear your seatbelt. :mad:

Well, now I can't even park my trailer on the side of my house without it being surrounded by a 6 foot high fence and gate. Keep voting democrat and you'll get even more.

Straightlining w/Stevie on realracinusa.com had a guest on Wed night talking about the new rules.

It's about half way thru the podcast. I think he was the 3rd guest that night.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back