Nitro Crew Chief Shuffle (1 Viewer)

I certainly hope Klober stays. They really deserve a chance at an NHRA championship after all of their IHRA success together.

That being said I notice a lot of negativity toward Jim Oberhofer taking over. I would think he could do well. Wasn’t he the one who tuned Doug Kalitta to a lot of his most successful times? Even Alan Johnson seemed to struggle a bit with funny cars.

I certainly hope Klober stays. They really deserve a chance at an NHRA championship after all of their IHRA success together.

That being said I notice a lot of negativity toward Jim Oberhofer taking over. I would think he could do well. Wasn’t he the one who tuned Doug Kalitta to a lot of his most successful times? Even Alan Johnson seemed to struggle a bit with funny cars.
I don't see Kloeber going anywhere and would be stunned if that happened....but on the flip side, if it is a cut and dry addition of Jim O, you'd think there would be an announcement by now

I don't see Kloeber going anywhere and would be stunned if that happened....but on the flip side, if it is a cut and dry addition of Jim O, you'd think there would be an announcement by now

In before Mike English says it already happened.

1648420824414.png

agree - i believe Kloeber to be one of the best crew chiefs out there, and has a 3.6X tune-up but was under immense pressure to not hurt parts (or let's say - extend the life of parts longer than Torrence, for example) because of the small Stringer budget

remember when rob wedland was suddenly released from one of the dsr funny cars? i think it may have been johnny gray's?
we never heard anything on that one either, and that car was no slouch........sometimes things happen and the rest of us are probably better off not knowing.
.......that being said, i can't believe this news either.

I am a bit stunned by this...I just hope Jim O can fit in and keep that freight train rolling

agree - i believe Kloeber to be one of the best crew chiefs out there, and has a 3.6X tune-up but was under immense pressure to not hurt parts (or let's say - extend the life of parts longer than Torrence, for example) because of the small Stringer budget
I always thought that maybe true about parts,has to be hard to be a crew chief and not run full blast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back