NHRA Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

Come on Jon, if NHRA doesn't turn a profit, there's no NHRA. Just like any other business.
There is a profit. It is split up in bonuses to keep the books balanced at the end of the year. Someone please explain how Compton did and Light still deserve bonuses.

There is a profit. It is split up in bonuses to keep the books balanced at the end of the year. Someone please explain how Compton did and Light still deserve bonuses.
John, if you're going to accuse the NHRA, let's hear some FACTS about the bonuses.

You can read about them every year, "not for profit", means you can't show a profit. The top brass in Glendora balance the books by splitting the overage in bonuses.
Maybe they should stop giving bonuses and up the prize money ;) or lower ticket prices :D

This is such an old conversation. You could take the entire payroll and divide it up into upping purses and it wouldn't even be noticeable. And this isn't about who is or isn't overpaid, it's just math. And maybe I'm way off, but overall, I don't think tickets are out of line compared to other sports, of any kind. The real way to add to purses, besides drawing bigger crowds, is by attracting more corporate partners. As far as profits, I don't think NHRA has been killing it the past few years.

This is such an old conversation. You could take the entire payroll and divide it up into upping purses and it wouldn't even be noticeable. And this isn't about who is or isn't overpaid, it's just math. And maybe I'm way off, but overall, I don't think tickets are out of line compared to other sports, of any kind. The real way to add to purses, besides drawing bigger crowds, is by attracting more corporate partners. As far as profits, I don't think NHRA has been killing it the past few years.
I would not mind them putting any extra money into the "dumps" they own for race tracks. You are right about the pricing compared to other sports. The problem is the Pro and College sports are pricing long time fans out. Where I could go to an event (Dodgers, Angels, Kings, or any concert) two or three a week, now lucky to make one or two a year.

Yup, it's the same old narrative..."NHRA with their profits and bonuses"..."ticket prices are too high"..."I can't afford to go"...wah, wah, wah.

I would not mind them putting any extra money into the "dumps" they own for race tracks. You are right about the pricing compared to other sports. The problem is the Pro and College sports are pricing long time fans out. Where I could go to an event (Dodgers, Angels, Kings, or any concert) two or three a week, now lucky to make one or two a year.

Then save more money and choose where you want to spend your entertainment dollars.

As was stated people really need to take a look at other forms of entertainment before they start bashing NHRA due to their ticket prices. Back in 2015, the Dolphins-Giants game was going to be a home game for the 'Fins. I figured this was going to be a great game to take my dad to, as he's been a fan of the Giants long before I was even born but has never been to a live game (Neither have I, BTW). Despite this being against the freakin' Dolphins, tickets in the "good" seats were around 300 dollars - each - and the nosebleeds were not much better. We ended up watching the game at home. So yeah, NHRA is a bargain compared to the other types of sports out there.

60 dollars is a bargain, but they need lower prices in order to draw new comers to the track. No one gets in to drag racing, because of what they see on TV. To the casual/ remote sports fan, drag racing probably looks pretty lame on TV. Until they get an in person experience of the power, speed, and sound then they me apt to follow it on TV

60 dollars is a bargain, but they need lower prices in order to draw new comers to the track. No one gets in to drag racing, because of what they see on TV. To the casual/ remote sports fan, drag racing probably looks pretty lame on TV. Until they get an in person experience of the power, speed, and sound then they me apt to follow it on TV

If $60 is a bargain, there is need to lower tickets prices. It costs me $62 per person to get into the local Six Flags Great America. It cost me $435 for two NBA Bulls vs Cavailers tickets. I paid $35 to get into a Memorial Day weekend race at Great Lakes Dragaway last year and the show completely sucked...the same with Byron Dragway. I'll gladly pay another $25 for what I'm going to get from an NHRA race.

I dont think ticket prices are to bad. maybe they could throw a 5.00 or 10.00 food voucher with each ticket to help with some costs and encourage us to eat at track.

If $60 is a bargain, there is need to lower tickets prices. It costs me $62 per person to get into the local Six Flags Great America. It cost me $435 for two NBA Bulls vs Cavailers tickets. I paid $35 to get into a Memorial Day weekend race at Great Lakes Dragaway last year and the show completely sucked...the same with Byron Dragway. I'll gladly pay another $25 for what I'm going to get from an NHRA race.

I agree with you on the ticket price being OK compared to lets say an Eagles game where they gouge you with parking and A $70 dollar Beer and Cheese burger combo. to put a bigger dent in your wallet. Un-Affordable for most!

At an NHRA event....

When You got beat up with Parking, Entry ticket, The "Sammy" chiseling you for a buck at the "port-o-potty" for a jolly rancher and a hand wipe, Then you got to spend 10 - 15 bucks for the most $hitty sandwich that you ever had Not even factoring in the additional add-ons like fries or chips and a $3 buck soda? What does a day at the races cost you? That's not even factoring in your better half or kids?

I want you to realistically chime in and tell Me/ Us what A Day At A Race Costs You?
It's not the admission but the nickel and diming that costs.

I agree with you on the ticket price being OK compared to lets say an Eagles game where they gouge you with parking and A $70 dollar Beer and Cheese burger combo. to put a bigger dent in your wallet. Un-Affordable for most!

At an NHRA event....

When You got beat up with Parking, Entry ticket, The "Sammy" chiseling you for a buck at the "port-o-potty" for a jolly rancher and a hand wipe, Then you got to spend 10 - 15 bucks for the most $hitty sandwich that you ever had Not even factoring in the additional add-ons like fries or chips and a $3 buck soda? What does a day at the races cost you? That's not even factoring in your better half or kids?

I want you to realistically chime in and tell Me/ Us what A Day At A Race Costs You?

I went to St. Louis last year for one day, Total cost was $172...$68 for the ticket...$60 gas...$20 parking...$24 food.

I always eat before I go into the track and will take a couple granola bars and a bottle water in with me. I eat again after I leave the racetrack.

I went to the Winternationals this year for two days and two nights. I did the whole trip $750. Airport parking, Airline ticket, Rental car, track parking, event t-shirt, gas and food.

I did get comped a restricted area ticket.

Last edited:

At an NHRA event....

I went to the Long Beach Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago because a friend gave me a free ticket for 2 days. I parked across the street at a cafe at a cost of $60.00 for 2 days, plus I had breakfast and dinner both days at a cost of $80.00, so I spent $140.00 dollars just at the cafe. After I got inside the race course it was another $70.00 for a pit pass for 2 days, and I probably spent another $75.00 on Sodas and snacks while I was there. It was pretty hot so I thought about buying a hat but they wanted $30.00 for one of them. If it's entertainment it's probably going to cost you an arm and a leg...unless it just isn't very good entertainment. As far as getting a good bang for your buck I think Nhra drag racing is pretty good compared to a lot of other sports series .

I went to St. Louis last year for one day, Total cost was $172...$68 for the ticket...$60 gas...$20 parking...$24 food.

I always eat before I go into the track and will take a couple granola bars and a bottle water in with me. I eat again after I leave the racetrack.

I went to the Winternationals this year for two days and two nights. I did the whole trip $750. Airport parking, Airline ticket, Rental car, track parking, event t-shirt, gas and food.

I did get comped a restricted area ticket.
A good deal for one person. Not so much for a family of four or five. But still better than almost any other form of entertainment.

Last edited:
- BIR friday thru sunday....gas, admission, reserved seat, camping 3 nites, golf cart, food/beverage ....$500.00+
- july golf tourny @ brainerd resort. friday & sat. ....gas, accomodations 2 nites, 3 rnds. golf, entry fees, food/beverage ....$700.00+
- fun factor for both....priceless

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back