NHRA Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

I followed the Raiders move to LV very closely because I love the NFL and Las Vegas. lol. Originally the $750 Mil was going to fund the Las Vegas convention center. Sheldon Adelson owns the Sands covention center and he didnt want the money to go to a competitor. So he got involved and got that money moved to build the stadium but wanted a piece of the Raiders. Adelson more or less ending up not getting anything out of the deal. This deal does screw all visitors of Nevada and not just the Las Vegas visitors. It's so easy to put another tax on the tourists. When I rent a car in Vegas for a weekly rental, the rental itself usually runs $120-$150 and another $100 in taxes. No different in any state though. The public end up paying millions for a stadium for rich owners. This money could be spent elsewhere to better serve the citizens of Nevada.

I'm with you though. You should at least embrace it because you can't do anything to stop it. Not sure if you will ever get a NCAA championship game in Vegas. I know they have the Las Vegas Bowl and have 3 or 4 NCAA Mens conference tournaments but they would be very hesitant to put a national championship game in Vegas. Would be great to see though. They will get a SuperBowl for sure.

We are still going full speed ahead with LV Convention Center upgrades/improvements. The former site of the Riviera has been purchased by the Convention Center and figures prominently in the plans.

Secondly, if possible next time you come to Vegas rent a car from an off-airport site. It will save you a lot of taxes and fees.

A number of years ago when Carl Olson still worked for NHRA I was at the Winternationals in Pomona and Carl came by, we knew each other, and I asked him about the constant increase in ticket prices. His answer was as long as they have empty seats NHRA management would continue to increase prices. With attendance down they sure haven'the lowered prices to bring up attendance. I think that if more track owners followed the model that Norwalk does you would see a much higher attendance and the track would make more money.
Kind of the same reason more people purchase many more Samsung and other brand Android smart phones than Apple does and it's not the Apple technology any longer. It's the price.

nhra has drastically lowered car counts at their national events in last couple decades.....faster show all weekend and especially on sunday.....and by doing so they reduce the gate collected by racers. each nat. event costs i'm guessing relatively the same amount
to put on, most with a presenting sponsor to offset the cost, some without ......so nhra IMO is operating with less racer dollars
than in the past (with same or increased entrance fees), same or increased ticket prices, and same or less attendance.
is the nhra working with the same dollars as in past? with less racers and less spectators but at increased prices?....social media
is great, and don't think for a second they don't have to be there, but i don't think it's attracting new fans, or very few.
IMO ticket promotions could work to attract spectators, and i would focus on sunday when they actually race.....i would imagine
nothing would turn off a new spectator than friday nite under lights with the announcer telling you 'welcome to 'friday nite
under lights, nhra style', then watch at least half the cars shutoff before half track....there is no longer any drama in qualifying
so the same with saturday, no big deal......get another mello yello promotion going(online promotion), use a presenting sponsor's service or product (online, tv, and/or local radio promotion); purchase it and receive coupon for sunday eliminations, use a local restaurant promotion....dine @ joes for at least $50 tab and receive coupon for race (local radio promotion).....all of a sudden you
have a fan buying a product or service AND attending the race; otherwise possibly neither would have been considered.
lot of entertainment options out there, not to mention high cost of monthly phone service eating into every youth's pocket.
what makes an nhra race worthwhile to spend money on?....a lot of older fans have already said goodbye.

I used to go all 3 days in Phoenix. Then gradually dropped to just Friday only. Cheaper ticket, less crowded, can walk the pits & enjoy the cars. Sat & Sun I follow on computer & the Sun TV show. Not as good as being there live, but I actually see the show better on TV than in person. Not to mention I'm at home , not getting fried by the sun & all that. However, the next week, I do go to the Div 7 race Sat & Sun, cuz less crowded & I still see a great show. I like watching the Sportsmen racers just as much as the Pros, & the Top Alky cars put on a great show. I will say one thing. Wild Horse screwed me around with the tickets this year, & I will think twice about going to the nat'l event next year. They don't answer e mails; customer service sucks.

Fridays are my thing also. The one thing I look forward to is to see the part time teams, see what they have been up to and see if they made any progress with competing with the tougher competition but it sucks when some of them don't make a pass on Friday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back