NHRA Sold (1 Viewer)

How many of you guys would still go to the racers if it did go more like NASCAR (as in restricted pit access ect.)???

Face it you haven't been getting pro pit access for years. You get pit area access, but you can only go up to the ropes at the individual pits. I barge right in, but most people don't.

Now if you are worried about pit access, you need to go to a nostalgia top fuel / funnycar event. Not only do you get real access, but if they see you standing around too long, they just might put you to work.

Jay

I'm not totally surprised.

Yet again I will be taking a wait and see approach.

The company I work for was bought out in November by another, larger, newspaper publishing company. There's been a lot of change. They closed the daily. Shifted the twice monthlies (I work for one of nine) to twice weeklies. Each paper got its own editor (the original seven had one single editor, a set up we'd had for more than two years) and they're going to move us all out into offices in our individual communities. Currently, the papers are split between two offices. There's other stuff they're doing. New computers for us. Moving press operations (I think...) among other things. But, they're tweaking us to fit to their existing, successful business model.

I would imagine that there will be change, especially if NHRA Pro Racing is later flipped to an owner/operator rather than an acquisition company.

This should all be very interesting.

based solely on the property values of the race tracks and the Glendora headquarters!

Do you have a listing of the current values of those properties? ( tax valuations)
One of my businesses is property development, and I sure wouldn't pay a 100 million for dirt with grandstands and a little asphalt. Columbus is a mess, Atlanta is good for houses, when Bruton builds his track south of town . Gainesville has land that floods , Indy needs major improvement and is next to a tank farm. The HQ is on a nice site , but it isn't that special a building as office lease space.

Actually, they didn't buy ALL of NHRA so it would not be accurate for them to base the purchase price on the entire revenue of NHRA. HDP also assumed almost $10M in outstanding debt and liability.

There are going to be 2 different companies - NHRA Pro and NHRA. NHRA Pro will be a subsidiary of HDP, NHRA will continue to be a non-profit org.

But still run by the same idiot's! :rolleyes:
Like I said who ever sweet talked that deal is damn good!
I think NHRA as the premium drag racing sanctioning body could get a challenge if Bruton takes this personally.
Damn out of popcorn i'll be right back! ;)

Except for the real estate and debt, what did they buy. If they don't have a signed commitment from the racers to attend every event, they could wind up like Billy Meyer. He had a sanctioning body and no racers .
Here's a what if. What if all the pro's said see ya and went to IHRA.What did you buy then. Blue sky and real estate

Larry

Except for the real estate and debt, what did they buy. If they don't have a signed commitment from the racers to attend every event, they could wind up like Billy Meyer. He had a sanctioning body and no racers .
Here's a what if. What if all the pro's said see ya and went to IHRA.What did you buy then. Blue sky and real estate

Larry

Well speaking of signed commitments, virtually all of the pro racers have signed contracts with their sponsors to be at NHRA events. That is why they have never been able to boycott.

Jay

As I recall NHRA owned Gainsville, Atlanta, Indy and Columbus. They have a long term lease with the city for Pomona. Usually with a lease the property owner maintains ownership of any improvements made by the leasee. They do not own Englishtown.

I believe that they own Baton Rouge also

Joe

I'll admit I haven't been following this story too closley (too damn excited about going to the Kansas race this weekend!). But what's Coke/PowerADE's take on all this?? I Imagine theyll still be the pro series marquee sponsor for a long time. And with all the fancy marketing talk so far, I guess they're pretty dam excited? Has to be a good move for them.

Wow, I'm really curious to hear what some of the team owners think of this split, and hopefully we'll get some comments here. I'm wondering if they had any significant input into this decision, but I think I already know the answer to that one.

This relationship between NHRA Pro and NHRA can work while everybody is getting along, but if any serious issues ever develop between them it could be extremely messy as they are sharing the same name.

For example, what if the Pro group decides it wants to add some more "pro only" dates on the schedule to generate more revenue (ala NASCAR with racing almost every weekend) but the "non-pro" group disagrees and witholds sanctioning?

I hope that they have thought ahead about these kind of issues and have come to a least some general agreements on what to do if the two oranizations start going different directions.

Paul T.

Something like what almost destroyed Indy Car Racing?
And they still haven't recovered.
I remember going as a kid in the sixties, they were packed, not so anymore!

I'm just concerned what the NHRA Pro's are gonna charge the NHRA Sportsmem for access to a national event.

There was a stockholder press conference for HD shareholders and that question was asked. NHRA will be paying NHRA Pro $800,000 per year to include the Sportsman racers in national events.

Wow, I'm really curious to hear what some of the team owners think of this split, and hopefully we'll get some comments here. I'm wondering if they had any significant input into this decision, but I think I already know the answer to that one.
Paul T.

Paul, whatever changes these players have in mind if the Connie Kalitta's, Evan Knolls, John Force's and Don Schumacher's aren't onboard they'll have Major problems! These 4 figures control almost 40% of the Nitro contingent.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back