NHRA Sold (2 Viewers)

Per Drag Racing Online NHRA Pro series has been sold to a group, with most NHRA board members being members of the purchasing group. Let the discussions begin!:eek::rolleyes:

Re: What??????????????

Certainly looks legit, Alan.

Wow..I'm in shock at the moment..I guess because I don't know what this truly means..LOL.

Well I was all for Bruton buying it but I dont know about this. We will see. In my opinion they cant do worse advertising and marketing wise.

interesting, I don't want to post that link elsewhere until NHRA officially announces it, which is not done on their site at least for now.

But it is very interesting.

Nancy

If you look up that company on google its says they acuired it today.

Who gets the $100 Mil? (Ya treed me, J.C. :D)

And why NO word on the site??:confused:

Not sure, but why does this seem like a dark day now?

Last edited:

Now you have to really wonder why they would not sell to Bruton Smith, who would probably have done wonders for the sport.

Kaching!!!! for the suits!

Not the changes I was hoping for.

"I felt a great disturbance in the force." -Obi Wan

Any guesses how this will impact the sportsman side of NHRA Drag Racing since it sounds like the purchase includes only the Pro parts of NHRA

One thing for sure, it's a cash out. Also, that is the only way that these guys would have sold it, was to be brought over to the new board, something that they probably could not work with a Bruton Smith buyout. Not sure if that is such a bad thing, can you imagine a buyout with even less adequate at the helm.:eek:
With that said, it should only lead to growth for the sport. I cannot see a company buying the Sanctioning body without the intent to grow it.

If I'm an NHRA member do I get a cut of the $100 mil in cash that's part of the transaction? Seriously, this is one confusing deal. NHRA will remain a non-profit . If it doesn't lead to bigger purses and thus more cars, what's the point.

Anyone notice that it appears to be business as usual for the Sportsman racers? Maybe that's where the 121 goes for series improvements? I sure hope that was an eclipse and not the sun burning out. Dark day? I've got NOT a clue. More info to follow...I hope.

So, will the Sportsman racers see part of that $121,000,000 in an increase in payouts? :rolleyes: Since we are staying under Glendora's rule.

Just did a quick run-down on HD Partners. Looks like the former chairman and CEO of DirectTV formed the "blank check company" about a year ago. At that time, they sold about $150 million in IPO stock offering. Can't see that they've done a thing with the pot of money until now, basically been sitting on it waiting for the "right" acquisition.

On the plus side, they seem to be entertainment oriented. It will be very interesting to see what their plans are for NHRA!

I'm thinking that there are a handful of new millionaires in Glendora today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back