NHRA Sold (1 Viewer)

Re: What??????????????

Now you have to really wonder why they would not sell to Bruton Smith, who would probably have done wonders for the sport.

HD Partners is a purchasing entity. I wouldn't bet against Bruton Smith or another entity being behind the actual transaction.

As a long retired Sportsman racer, I think we still fall under the "non-profit" status (no profit for us).

As much as Jeff Burk and Others loathed NHRA because of it's so called "Corporate approach" to the sport of Drag racing. How much more corporate can NHRA get now??? I'm wondering if IRP will finally get an upgrade???

HD Partners is a purchasing entity. I wouldn't bet against Bruton Smith or another entity being behind the actual transaction.

Bruton would be ideal. I think he would probably be the best thing to happen to NHRA. Just look at the facilities that he owns, all 110% class acts, and he is not scared to spend a little money.

Bruton would be ideal. I think he would probably be the best thing to happen to NHRA. Just look at the facilities that he owns, all 110% class acts, and he is not scared to spend a little money.

Bruton had built some awesome facilities, but I'm not convinced he's a Drag racing fan. Bruton's in the business of making $$$, and how this all will impact this sport is anyone's guess! I'm thinking(?) that restrictive Pit access might be just around the corner! Liability is one thing any Corporation won't chance anything on!

Last edited:
Hey Ray, with any luck it is as Bobby says and Bruton is behind the deal. That is best case scenario, without knowing more about this company.

I'm thinking(?) that restrictive Pit access might be hust around the corner! Liability is one thing any Corporation won't chance anything on!

I hope not, that is one of the cool things that seperates us from CRAPCAR and the other forms of racing.

Bruton is not in on this deal in any significant way as far as I can tell. It's possible he's a large stock owner in HDP but it's unlikely. The guys doing this are the guys that started DirectTV and cashed out from that deal.

It's going to be a while before anyone fully realizes the impact this will have on our sport, but you can bet next season is going to be pretty interesting.

These guys certainly have access to a lot of doors that were previously closed to NHRA, not to mention the money to do something about it.

I just renewed my NHRA membership for $64. That'll buy me about 8 shares of HDP. Maybe I'll end up getting paid to be a drag racing fan.

Well from what I can gather, we didnt get rid of NHRA mgmt. They apparently split the pro's and sportsmans categorys. The pro's and the show go to HD and the NHRA still makes the rules and such and govern's the sportsman categorys. Tom Compton is now on NHRA Pro Racing's CEO and board. Who knows how all this will work out. ITs on NHRA.COM finally.

No inside information just a hunch. Sportsmen racing will no longer be part of the "Professional" national events. They'll be run as a separate series like Busch and Craftsmen trucks. That'll make it easier for live TV. I don't like, I'm not trying to sell it but that what I think.

EIGHT BUCKS a share, people.... :)

Called my broker- he's out :rolleyes: (golfin, probably..), but this has the scent of a ground floor deal for us, folks.. Shareholders meeting, anyone?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back