NHRA not dragging it's feet ! (1 Viewer)

This is two articles about the NHRA in as many days from Mr. Margolis!!! And two great articles at that!

WOW!

Thank you, Bob.

Nice article. In this day when we see the NHRA seemingly following NASCAR's lead in areas like the points chase, it's nice to remember that there's at least one area where other forms of racing are still trying to catch the standard that drag racing established decades ago.

Last edited:
Erica Enders is one of my 8 year old daughter's biggest heros and lately she has been paying alot more attention to Melanie, Ashley and Hillary too. My daughter (one of five) started racing junior dragsters this year and has drawn alot of her inspiration from Erica.

Nice article and well deserved.

2000hp pro stocks? Kind of explains why SC and Erica can't qualify, they must be overpowering the track.

Nice article and well deserved.

2000hp pro stocks? Kind of explains why SC and Erica can't qualify, they must be overpowering the track.

2000HP Pro Stockers is a bit of a stretch. I think they should be around there somewhere now, as the last I heard was about 1200 1300 HP.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the 2000hp claim. What's that 4hp/cu.in. wow. But my guess is it's got to be 1500+. We just jumped from a 725hp older small block dragster to a Reher Morrison 572, that just came off the dyno at 1180. In our "new to us" 1600lb dragster, it's only good for the lower 7's. For the pro stock numbers we see, wouldn't it have to be over 1500hp?

Man, another good article from this guy. Why have I never heard of him before? I'm going to start looking for his stuff throughout the week.

I was wondering about the 2000hp claim. What's that 4hp/cu.in. wow. But my guess is it's got to be 1500+. We just jumped from a 725hp older small block dragster to a Reher Morrison 572, that just came off the dyno at 1180. In our "new to us" 1600lb dragster, it's only good for the lower 7's. For the pro stock numbers we see, wouldn't it have to be over 1500hp?

NHRA PS engine is about 1400hp
IHRA PS engine is about 1600hp

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back