Yahoo Sports atricle about "the Chase" (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
Here's Bob Margolis' article regarding the points chase thingy. Reading further he really has some nice things to say about the NHRA races. One would think he's actually been to a few.

Link to Bob's Article

Last edited:
Wow, that was really good. I guess this new points format is peaking a little interest. Still don't like the change, but maybe I'll come around eventually... no matter what though, that article was great.
Thanks for sharing that Drew.

I sent Bob a note thanking him for his support... We need as much of this as we can get!

That's an aweome article, very well written, and yes it sounds like it's coming from one that has lived the experience.

See, this Countdown thing is already paying dividends!:D

Here's Bob Margolis' article regarding the points chase thingy. Reading further he really has some nice things to say about the NHRA races. One would think he's actually been to a few.

Link to Bob's Article

I really liked that article. Two things stood out:

#1: "Similar in design to NASCAR's Chase, the NHRA's system begins after the 17th of 26 races."

The "26" threw me off as I read his summation and then realized... DUH, 23!!!! ;-)

#2: "Compton adds that there are still details to be worked out before the start of the Countdown next season and that a review of the new playoff format will be made after its first season."

I know, I know.... It is a done deal. I guess I am holding out hope that they will re-think the countdown to 4 and to 2!

I, like Justin and others, just e-mailed Bob to thank him for the coverage and kind words for our sport. Very well written and he even used enthusiasm about fuelers.
Thanks Bob.

A good article indeed and I liked its tilt.
I can see good things happening to Drag Racing as ways to bring more bang for the buck are found.
Things like Driving Force , Pinks and all those Hot Rod and custom shows are really starting to kick in.
Hot Rods are definitely an American Tradition.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back