NHRA is pushing it (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
On TV in Atlanta I saw in the shutdown/turn-off a guy drove an ATV with a push bar contraption mounted on the front, and he'd drive up behind the cars when they stop and aparantly push on the wheelie bar or rear end housing to push the car forward out of the way ??? Is this new? Are these custom made by the Safety Safari?? I would think it speeds up the show, as opposed to having to attach a tow rope to the front of the car, secure it and tow the cars off the track. Who knows about this ???

They are new this year, they push on the rear tire with a roller set up. They are custom for Safety Safari but will be available soon

i believe it is a push bar that the safety safari has and it pushes on the rear slick to push car out of the way. The bar has rollers so it can come behind and push car by bumping into slick. Has been used at last couple of races we've been to.

Yep, been using them since Pomona. There is a wheel that rolls on the ground to keep it stable, then another separate wheel that rolls backwards against the slick.

I was kind of curious at first about the title, not usually Chris' style, if ya' know what I mean............:D

I have seen these devices at work and think its a brilliant idea that really speeds up the show. I was wondering though, as the nitro cars sometimes lock up at the end of a run and can't be pushed by hand, do those ATVs have enough juice to roll them off the track?

I have seen these devices at work and think its a brilliant idea that really speeds up the show. I was wondering though, as the nitro cars sometimes lock up at the end of a run and can't be pushed by hand, do those ATVs have enough juice to roll them off the track?

No, i have to jump out and pull the button on canon, or sometimes safety safari will take off coupler.

I noticed it a couple of races ago - thought it was a brilliant idea. Hopefully the guy the invented it makes some coin off of it - what's a minute of TV time worth?

I noticed it a couple of races ago - thought it was a brilliant idea. Hopefully the guy the invented it makes some coin off of it - what's a minute of TV time worth?

come to think of it, I believe this machine, Or a similar version of it, was used at last years Mile High Nationals. It wouldn't shock me at all if Larry Crispe had a hand in it. He's one sharp dude!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back