NHRA HQ possibly moving to Indianapolis? (1 Viewer)

Do you know how hard it was for me to bend over to take that picture? And when the photographer said "Say Cheese," considering the Mexican Food I had for lunch, I just about blew my head off.

RG.
Left Beautiful Garden Grove/Buena Park/ The OC 26 years ago... 2 main reasons, realized, having grown up there, it wasn't a place I wanted to raise my children. I will say I wasn't happy with the school systems at all. The cost of living compared to income was starting to go upside down.

2nd,On a good day, it took about an hour and a half to get from Lincoln and Beach blvd to Rosecrans and the 405... I was in the Paint and Body shop Supply business.

okay, the third was that 'The County' closed... and to heck if I was going to "the Parking Lot" to watch a drag race a couple of times a year.

d'kid

Randy , I agree with ya on all points, I think most people stay here because of the weather, a two hour drive can change your scenery from valley to ocean to mountains, etc. It doesn't rain all the time, which can be bad, and isn't green and lush, but humidity isn't a pain in the butt either. And Family ties---------
The point I'm driving towards is Force is doing all that in Indy, and he's building a whopper of a house in Yorba Linda, so why does the upper class at NHRA need to be back there in Indy ?

Randy , I agree with ya on all points, I think most people stay here because of the weather, a two hour drive can change your scenery from valley to ocean to mountains, etc. It doesn't rain all the time, which can be bad, and isn't green and lush, but humidity isn't a pain in the butt either. And Family ties---------
The point I'm driving towards is Force is doing all that in Indy, and he's building a whopper of a house in Yorba Linda, so why does the upper class at NHRA need to be back there in Indy ?

As the song goes; you can check out anytime you want............................................

"Ask yourself why would any company want to move from an area where the weather is great 24/7/12 where your offices back a beautiful golf course to a severe weather area?"

Randy, that says it all. When we're on the road we listen to Bill Wattenburg on KGO 810 AM on Saturday and Sunday nights from 10 PM to 1 AM and he hammers CARB all the time and rightly so. If anyone doesn't get a clue after hearing your t-shirt story then they never will. CARB is single handedly destroying people's jobs and lively hood in California. Here's a web site to go to KILLCARB.ORG - HOME

I'm really surprised that CARB hasn't shut down drag racing. I think the reason they stay away from high profile venues is no to focus any attention on themselves.

Does it really matter where the NHRA headquarters is located? The NHRA can probably flip the Glendora property for a coupla mil $$$ and build a palace on the IRP property.

Remember... this isn't your dad's NHRA. :eek:

Does it really matter where the NHRA headquarters is located? The NHRA can probably flip the Glendora property for a coupla mil $$$ and build a palace on the IRP property.

Remember... this isn't your dad's NHRA. :eek:

This is true. Like someone said about the 1/4 mile vs 1000ft. You can't be in past forever. Where better than indy for the NEW NHRA.

My only problem with Randy is that he is so wishy washy......you just never know where he stands on an issue or how he really feels...........;) :D

"Ask yourself why would any company want to move from an area where the weather is great 24/7/12 where your offices back a beautiful golf course to a severe weather area?"

Randy, that says it all. When we're on the road we listen to Bill Wattenburg on KGO 810 AM on Saturday and Sunday nights from 10 PM to 1 AM and he hammers CARB all the time and rightly so. If anyone doesn't get a clue after hearing your t-shirt story then they never will. CARB is single handedly destroying people's jobs and lively hood in California. Here's a web site to go to KILLCARB.ORG - HOME

I'm really surprised that CARB hasn't shut down drag racing. I think the reason they stay away from high profile venues is no to focus any attention on themselves.

This from the killcarb site- a CARB quote:
"Gasoline-powered blenders may be this year's tailgate sensation, but drinkers should not be polluting our air while having a good time"

I'm glad the Worshams dont pollute the air with gasoline with their blender! :D

My only problem with Randy is that he is so wishy washy......you just never know where he stands on an issue or how he really feels...........;) :D

Paper or plastic...medium or large...right lane or left lane...Chevy or Ford...IN-N-OUT or Taco Bell (no brainer)...

You ARE on a Roll Today LOL!!!

Hey, what happened in Bakersfield??? email me (so I'm not thread hijacking) and it stays off of a public forum, not that it's a secret, but just curious since I haven't spoken to you in a while.

Nancy...Check your PM's.

RG

I'm sorry, I guess you're all correct.

With the unbreathable air, the rampant fires, the flooding and mudslides alternating with Santa Ana driven dust storms, the earthquakes, the ridiculous real estate prices, the gangs and riots, the oppressive heat, the absurd commute times, and everything else drawing people to Southern California, the only thing driving them out is government policy.

Sorry, I didn't realize that. I apologize.

I grew up in So Cal, left there 23 years ago and every one of the things you mentioned above was going on then, the air was worse, it was called brush fire season, followed by flood and mudslide season, Santa Ana winds, dust storms, Earth Quakes, expensive real estate, Riots, hey we even had gangs, to go along with the long commutes and people still came. What was missing then was stupid Politicians with an addiction to tax money. Businesses thrived, people had jobs and things were good.

Personally, I blame it all on the Rose Parade. The one day of the year you can actually see the San Gabriel mountains happens to also be when half the nation is freezing it's collective asses off. They see the Rose parade on TV, people in shorts in January, and say lets move there!

CALIFORNIA away we went
moved from the so called sunny state (grey air state) in 2001 and havn't regretted it yet.
Here in Salmon,Idaho one can literally SEE 100-200 miles away
yes 100-200 miles = no smog
I do miss going to the drags but have yet to mss the high taxes, car insurance rates, vehicle regestration (went from $185 per year on a 97 chevy to $14 per year)
you all can have the worlds longest parking lots.
and lets not forget the gangs.
Now why is NHRA moving = so they can hire cheaper employees in Indy.
then pocket the saved cash into the suits paychecks

If this actually happens then California's I.Q. average will go up a few points while dropping Indy's! ;) :p

Say what you want about California if you have the money it's an awesome place to reside......Our property values are already on the rise while everywhere else is stagnent. :D

Bob...I agree as California has it all---good and bad.
I lived in So calif most of my life and never had a negative encounter aside from some traffic. The sights, sounds and the unique experiences cannot be found anywhere else. And if you like all types of people than L.A. is the place to be. You can get anything you want/without waiting.
If your a native of a fast paced life like most So Calif residents are and move away you quickly realize most everywhere else is boring.
Los Angeles is rated in the top 5 for visitor destination according to the tourism industry....

I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. While what Randy is saying is true, there are many more reasons why industry is leaving. Taxes, workman comp. insurance, heavier regulations, and basicly unwanted by our state govrnment. Which is ironic because 1/3 of all imports to the US come through the Port of LA.

Enough of that though, the question is why would NHRA leave Cal. for Indy. With what I read on this site, I'm surprised that no one has tapped on this. NHRA Revenue is down. Lower amount of memberships being issued, less people poing through the gate, smaller sportsman fields entering in events. If you can't make money, you got to cut expenses.

Now I have some questions, why would they have to move all 200 employees? Are there no janitors or secrataries in Indy? Wouldn't regional personnel still need to stay out here? Why not move the Museum to the Glendora offices or over on the otherside of the fairgrounds where the track is? Why does NHRA pay 12 months of rent for Pomona, yet it only gets used twice a year? Knowing this, why did they build luxury boxes there? After what happen at the US Nationals with Force, the next time a big named racer gets on TV and says, "the US Nationals is the one everyone wants to win," will you believe them? Is there a new meaning to the phrase "competing to win?" Is personal integraty a lesser value when it comes to sponsorship? Are some people too worried about hurting others feelings that they let things like what happened go and just as soon look the other way? Am I the only still waiting for an apology? And am I bothering some of you with so many questions? Things have been building up.

I appologize in advance. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back