NHRA HQ possibly moving to Indianapolis? (1 Viewer)

On Topic:
Cali can keep NHRA. Just send In-N-Out east and the rest of the lower 48 will call it even.

Off Topic Sorta:
I had the 'oh so wonderful' opportunity to eat breakfast with one of the CARB rule makers two weeks ago at a trucking industry meeting. Whew to say the least.

We had shall we say a lively discussion. (pretty sure he don't like me anymore)

One reason he gave for all of the impending rules and justification is because the cities are built in the valleys and the smog just hangs. Really? So how many people did it take to figure that out I asked?

And of course I had to just keep it up. So then naturally I said well how in the hell is that my fault? The rest of the countries fault? Industries fault? Move up the damn hill maybe? Put more wind turbines to the east to suck out the smog? Think boy.

He/they ain't backing down and if you think this rule making stuff is going away just bury your head deeper.

And if you have or are in the truck business at all (including private racer not for hire call it what you want) you had better pay attention to the daily/weeklymonthly changes in what is legal and not.

Don't idle that toterhome for more than 5 minutes! Check your all of your racing support equipment for particulate trap requirements. ie; reefer for climate, genset...rules are not just for the trucks itself.

Or you can just carry a suitcase full of cash and you should be good to go on your way.

As far as temporary permits to come in and play for a few days it is set for 3 days one permit per tractor/engine per year...as with the previous issues on trailer/king pin, DROM boxes, etc...I am sure NHRA has already looked into how this will all work out for the racers. cough...cough...

Shades of 1995 and sitting in an undisclosed location in AZ just before the border waiting for nightfall to set in. Waiting for the bears to go to sleep. Plan the routes. Space out the trucks about 2 minutes apart and run like hell for the fairgrounds.

From what I hear, that guy may well be looking for a job, soon.

There is a VERY strong movement afoot to dismantle C.A.R.B., and they just may get it done.

Kalifornia politics is a strange can of worms, and I was surprised to hear on NPR that the anti-C.A.R.B. sentiment is qute strong in the legislature, and the demise of that organization (C.A.R.B.) is a very real possibility.

Wouldn't that be nice.....................................................................:)

Bill, in Arkansas with NO smog inspections, $14.00 "antique" license plates, and the plates never have to be renewed!

All of this was a nice speculative article, but not going to happen.

The quote about Indianapolis from John Force came from a press conference, I believe it was in Charlotte. I'm not sure, they all run together after a while.

I wouldn't put much stock into this more than wishful thinking.

Yes, they met with the Governor, but nothing more than improving the U.S. Nationals.

Randy,could you break down the $9,000 cost ??

It starts with the 8.25% sales tax we have to pay, then the DMV fees on top of that.

Here's a pic:

Dscn4121.jpg

Nice Corvette, RG... Better licence plate :D

What gets me is annual registration fees that continuiously tax you on the value of the vehicle (Arizona).

I'm constantly paying on a vehicle thats value from the state is NOWHERE near the true resale value of the vehicle... Last year I sent in a note with my renewal that told them I accept their offer and to bring a check to my address when they planned to pick up the truck, since they thought it was valued (and taxed) at a dollar amount that was EASILY $1500 more than what I'd ever get for it on the open market... Needless to say, they were not amused... :rolleyes:

Well thanks once again Bobby for spoiling a dream by reporting facts.:D

There goes any faint hope or pipe dream of ever possibly getting a damn In-N-Out here in Texas in some kind of negotiations deal to keep HQ in Cali.

It's interesting to note, and you can take it as you will, that Forbes.com (hardly a liberal think tank...) rates California as 38th best state to do business in, with several other states that I would've thought to be higher (like Alaska or NJ) far behind. It even ranks CA as 10th in "growth prospects", which seems very interesting given the discussion here. And also puts it just about dead in the middle with respect to quality of life.

No editorial comments, just an interesting counterpoint.
Chris

It's interesting to note, and you can take it as you will, that Forbes.com (hardly a liberal think tank...) rates California as 38th best state to do business in, with several other states that I would've thought to be higher (like Alaska or NJ) far behind. It even ranks CA as 10th in "growth prospects", which seems very interesting given the discussion here. And also puts it just about dead in the middle with respect to quality of life.

No editorial comments, just an interesting counterpoint.
Chris

I am not trying to be controversial or adversarial, just trying to understand. We have 50 states... so 38th is 12th from the bottom. How can that possibly be a role model? As far as I knew, 2nd is still the first loser & with a state that large in both mass and population, you would think that they would care about having a viable income.

I am not trying to be controversial or adversarial, just trying to understand. We have 50 states... so 38th is 12th from the bottom. How can that possibly be a role model? As far as I knew, 2nd is still the first loser & with a state that large in both mass and population, you would think that they would care about having a viable income.

I was just pointing out that it's not at the bottom. I thought, from what I've been seeing here it would be 49th or 50th... And 10th in growth isn't too shabby.

FWIW, I was completely shocked to see I live in the number 2 state. Would've guessed something closer to the middle.

If this actually happens then California's I.Q. average will go up a few points while dropping Indy's! ;) :p

Say what you want about California if you have the money it's an awesome place to reside......Our property values are already on the rise while everywhere else is stagnent. :D

Like New York City--its an awesome place to reside if you have money--but a hell hole if you dont.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back