International Motorsports Industry Show to Sponsor Mike Lewis' Alcohol Dragster at NH (1 Viewer)

INDIANAPOLIS (Sept. 1, 2009) – Mike Lewis and officials from the International Motorsports Industry Show (IMIS) announced today that Lewis will pilot a Top Alcohol Dragster sponsored by IMIS Sept. 4-7 at the NHRA Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park (ORP) in Clermont, Ind.

Conway Automotive of Bixby, Okla., will provide the Top Alcohol Dragster for Lewis, who is senior vice president of Don Schumacher Racing (DSR), one of the premier teams in the NHRA. Car owner Tom Conway is a former world champion in the class, both as a driver and a car owner.

The inaugural IMIS trade show, which takes place Dec. 2-3 at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis, offers individuals and companies from all facets of the racing business the chance to interact, share ideas and products, build relationships and attend seminars to improve motorsports around the world, all while showcasing Indianapolis as the “Racing Capital of the World.”

The event was co-founded and will be produced by Chris Paulsen, owner of Indianapolis-based C&R Racing; Jeff Stoops, owner of Indianapolis-based Stoops Freightliner; Tom Weisenbach, executive director of the Indiana Motorsports Association; and two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and Indiana resident Tony Stewart.

“One of the biggest motorsports announcements of the year was when Chris, Jeff, Tom and Tony announced the International Motorsports Industry Show,” Lewis said. “This group has hands-on involvement with every form of motorsports in the world and they are committed to making Indianapolis and the state of Indiana the hub of worldwide motorsports. It’s an honor to play a role in their campaign.”

Lewis, driving for Conway Automotive, finished second to Duane Shields in the 25th annual Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals Aug. 24 at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, Pa., in preparation for the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at ORP.

“Mike drove really well at Maple Grove and we’re hoping he finishes one spot better at the U.S. Nationals,” Paulsen said. “It’s great to have a guy like Mike represent us at one of the biggest racing events of the year. The IMIS show is for hardcore racers only and Mike is that type of person. He’s heavily involved on the business side of motorsports, but also loves to get behind the wheel. He’ll do a fine job helping us get the word out about IMIS.”

Lewis will be participating in the U.S. Nationals during a busy time for Don Schumacher Racing – a fact that is not lost on him.

“I owe a lot to my family, to Bob Albrecht of Albrecht’s Fast Track Motorcycles, which is an associate sponsor on the car, and to everyone at Don Schumacher Racing,” Lewis said. “I’ll miss a lot of the DSR open house and other activities surrounding the U.S. Nationals. I can’t thank them enough for giving me this opportunity.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back