NHL Signings (Oilers) (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
My Oilers traded Pronger because of his wife, but I would like to keep Hemsky. Any Maters in the NorthWest or Hockey Fans have any scoop on the Oilers intent with Ales Hemsky???

Last edited:
I'm a HUGE Oiler's fan and from any of the rumblings that I have heard, Kevin Lowe is just taking enough time before any arbitration hearings to let the 2 young guys (Hemsky, Stoll) know who they are dealing with without embarassing them. It's not a good idea for the GM to get too eager!

Looks like you can buy his jersey without hesiatation now, Bullard.

Hemsky agrees to six-year deal

The Edmonton Oilers and right wing Ales Hemsky have come to an agreement on a six-year contract, avoiding an arbitration hearing scheduled for Friday, July 28th.

Hemsky is the third player that the Oilers have come to agreement with on a contract prior to the NHL’s arbitration process. Centres Shawn Horcoff and Jarret Stoll signed with the Oilers earlier this month.

“Ales is an extremely important member of our hockey club,” said Oilers Assistant General Manager Scott Howson. “He is one of the NHL’s emerging offensive players, and coming off of a breakout season that saw him lead the Oilers in scoring, we believe he will continue to get better. We are excited to have him under contract for the next six seasons.”

One of the NHL’s young offensive stars, the 6’0”, 192-pound native of Pardubice, Czech Republic led the Oilers in scoring during his third season with 19-58-77 in 81 games. The 22-year-old forward established single-season career highs in most offensive categories as he led the Oilers in assists and was fifth in goals.

With his 77-point season, Hemsky finished tied for 33rd place in the NHL scoring race and was 10th in the League with his 58 assists. The 77-point season was the most points scored in a season by an Oiler since Doug Weight fell 10 points shy of the century mark in 2000-01 with 25-65-90. Only five Oilers have scored more points in a single season than Hemsky’s 77 since the 1989-90 season.

Over half of Hemsky’s points came on the powerplay as he tallied 7-35-42 with the man advantage, finishing 15th in NHL powerplay scoring and sixth in powerplay assists. He also had one shorthanded goal and was involved in 13 game-winning goals, scoring four game winners and assisting on nine others.

Hemsky registered a team-leading 23 multiple point games, including twice scoring a career-high four points. He netted a goal and three assists at Nashville on October 29, 2005 and again versus Detroit on March 23, 2006.

His offensive contributions continued during the Oilers’ Stanley Cup Playoff run, as he scored 6-11-17 in 24 games to finish fourth on the Edmonton scoring list and 11th in the NHL. Hemsky tied with Fernando Pisani for the team scoring lead in the Stanley Cup Final against the Carolina Hurricanes as he scored 2-4-6 in the seven game series. Four of his six playoff goals came on the powerplay and he was involved in five of the Oilers’ 15 game-winning goals.

He was a member of the Czech Republic’s bronze medal winning team at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, scoring 1-2-3 with 2 PIM in 8 games. It was his second medal on the world stage in the last two seasons, as he was also a member of the Czech Republic’s gold medal winning team at the 2005 IIHF championship in Vienna, Austria.

The Oilers’ first choice, 13th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, Hemsky has scored 37-104-141 with 92 PIM in 211 career games with Edmonton. He has added 6-11-17 with 14 PIM in 30 Stanley Cup playoff games.

This is fantastic! AWESOME! Please do turn me on to the jersey guy when you get a chance! I got a Tshirt off of EBAY the reads "Got Hemsky"!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back