Your other hobbies......besides racing (1 Viewer)

Besides drag racing , I enjoy waterskiing and wakeboarding...my cousins and I grew up more in the water than on land:p. Ive also taken up shooting in the past few years and it has become a "family thing" for my wife and kids to enjoy as well. Her family owns a gun store here in Austin, so it seems fitting to take up that hobby...and yes, she is a better shot than I am:mad:

I don't think this actually counts as racing so I will list building (more like assembling) engines as a hobby I love to do with a good friend. We enjoy helping out other friends with power for drag racing, dirt track, dirt bikes, etc. We don't charge a fee so I guess it's considered a hobby?

Besides actual racing, I guess it would be playing golf. Even though I stink at it, I still try and play once a month. Key word being try. :D

And I don't know if it's a hobby, but I find myself on these message boards a lot!

I don't think this actually counts as racing so I will list building (more like assembling) engines as a hobby I love to do with a good friend. We enjoy helping out other friends with power for drag racing, dirt track, dirt bikes, etc. We don't charge a fee so I guess it's considered a hobby?

Besides actual racing, I guess it would be playing golf. Even though I stink at it, I still try and play once a month. Key word being try. :D

And I don't know if it's a hobby, but I find myself on these message boards a lot!

ah Golf, See I think to many people get ripped off there. They go out, shoot 70, 80 even 90 shots are are done. Look at the money they pay per stroke.
Me, now I get my money's worth 150-200 shots, plus unlike most people who just stay on the fairway, I get to see the entire course and sometimes the forrest nearby:eek::D

Me, now I get my money's worth 150-200 shots, plus unlike most people who just stay on the fairway, I get to see the entire course and sometimes the forrest nearby:eek::D

We'd be quite the value then, I used to play with my step-dad, and definitely got my $ worth.....I was quite familiar with the sand, water, trees, brush, and the area they called "out of bounds".:D:D

See Alan, you gotta be careful about the pro wrestling thing!!! Suzie Q has my back on that one!!!! heck, next thing you'll be telling me is that Tony P really DID dive for John Force:D

Tony P drove a submarine for John Force???:eek:I figured Force had some cool toys, but didn't know he had a sub....

Hey, any of you golfers out there know any right-handers about 5'5" with a 29 inch inseam that might want a set of custom clubs? I haven't touched mine in over 4 years!

hmmm, other then drag racing. In no particular order:

Hunting Bambi
Biking
Golfing
Baseball
Watching most sports on TV
Spending time with my family
Traveling
Hanging out with friends at the local watering hole

Hey, any of you golfers out there know any right-handers about 5'5" with a 29 inch inseam that might want a set of custom clubs? I haven't touched mine in over 4 years!

Pam's been talking about starting to play with me. Think she could use them ok?

Well lets see.......
Got a cabin in the woods, 20 acres ,try to get there as often as I can.
I go fishing a bunch,snowmobiling with my family is huge.
We have a lot of fun launching Estes Rockets-of course you put the biggest engines in that you can find :D
I enjoy traveling
I started "playing" my guitars again-just picked up a sweet Epiphone Les Paul standard-gotta figure out how to run it through my computer so I don't have to buy any more effects pedals.I've got an old Montomery Ward tube amp that screams.
My brother and I go to concerts quite a bit-seen everyone from Johnny Cash-Willie to Iron Maiden- Alice Cooper etc etc etc..

I've got a '73 Duster with a 408 stroker :eek::eek::eek:-always messin with that.
Cops Saturday night 8pm!!Lame I know.

Oh how could I forget Ebay-people will buy anything and I have sold just about everything on Ebay!

Last edited:
Definitely!! Especially because the younger 4 can all play a musical instrument, something I regretably never learned how to do, so in my book they're a hero to me. Hmmm, we have the makings of a jazz band. We have a trumpet, clarinet, saxophone, and a piano (and she's also learning other percussion instruments now in her first year of band).

Mark, that was a joke on your name, remember the TV show Hogan's Hero's? Or are you to young?:p

Love to read, mainly autobiographies
Watch reality TV - (American Idol, Apprentice, Survivor, even Rock of Love ;))
Go to the races - local dirt sprint car races, NASCAR, etc.
Photography
1-2 volunteer outings a year in the city of Philadelphia - fixing up school in need.

Pam's been talking about starting to play with me. Think she could use them ok?

Dude! Absolutely! I have knock-off Pings (I call 'em Zings) irons P, S, 3-9 Trident 5 & 7 woods, Millenium 3, 5, 7 woods, a Trident 3 wood on a driver length shaft (happens to be purple & gold and kicked arse as my driver. :) ) a Trident putter and an Odyssey White Hot putter.....all with practically new grips. I really didn't hit them that much. My bag is dry rotted though. How does a 'c' note sound? :D

I enjoy yard work-snow skiing-camping-working on hot rods-spending time with my family when we can all get together, (both kids are in college,now you want to break the bank that'll do it:D) and I know this sounds whipped, but spending time with my wife. I watch very little tv except for DVR'ing drag races.

Well....drag racing is not my hobby....it's my life....really...with all I do and am involved in......soooooooooooooooooo..........hmmmmmmmmmm.........

I do like to "play in the yard".....landscape, flowers....and stuff when I have time. (and the HORNETS ARE NOT OUT!!!!!!) :eek::eek:

I love to play pool....years...and I mean YEARS ago I was in a league.

I love to edit music and video....wish I had better equipment, I would do more. Always comes out better with a few adult bevs..........;)

Guess that's it!

I must work too much................darn.....and my work is just so..................much FUN! :D

Travelling. I love travelling on my motorcycles. I have been across the US 4 times and have ridden in every state except Iowa, Nebraska, N Dakota and Alaska. The next big trip will be to Alaska up towards the Arctic Circle. Maybe summer of 09.

Dude! Absolutely! I have knock-off Pings (I call 'em Zings) irons P, S, 3-9 Trident 5 & 7 woods, Millenium 3, 5, 7 woods, a Trident 3 wood on a driver length shaft (happens to be purple & gold and kicked arse as my driver. :) ) a Trident putter and an Odyssey White Hot putter.....all with practically new grips. I really didn't hit them that much. My bag is dry rotted though. How does a 'c' note sound? :D

I will talk to her tonight and see how "dedicated" she's going to be. I will let you know.

Well, besides the diecast collecting that some of you saw pictures of in Houston, I also collect toy trains. Some Lionel but mostly N-gauge (small scale). Since my daughter just started working again (finally) my wife has been watching my 2 year grandson. I keep him entertained about an hour every afternoon "playing" with race cars and "choo-trains" as he calls them. I love almost all racing and go to short tracks whenever I can. Late models on asphalt and sprint cars on dirt are my favorites.

Ride, drive & train horses... have owned since I was 12.
Drive cars anywhere & ride the dragon sometimes.
My dogs & cats... the cats need some remedial training. They are refusing to come when I whistle lately.
hiking, hunting, camping, fly fishing (I just won't eat the trout unless extremely hungry.) Am an excellent shot. - I miss these and haven't done as much as I did back home in New Mexico.
Stained glass, I keep a studio in my house.
I paint, draw & sometimes sculpt.
Occasionally design jewelery.
Write
Every other Saturday evening at the circle track in the summer (its dirt)
I don't seem to have time to take pictures as often as I used to.
and last, but not least... I spend time tinkering on my old '46 pickup... right now I have the engine in pieces. & I have been helping a friend with his old Studebaker drag truck lately... :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back