Your other hobbies......besides racing (1 Viewer)

I haven't wandered into the lounge for a while so this seems an appropriate thread to post in.

My no. 1 hobby is my husband. :) I just love hanging out with him. We laugh so much. And of course I enjoy the company of my family, my brother in law and his wife, in particular as we have a great deal in common. The three of us went to a tattoo convention last year. Heh.

I'd have to say that the other thing right up there with drag racing is my tech geek obsession which focuses on cell phones. I love cell phones. I have at&t and my current main toys are an iPhone and a BlackBerry Curve. I'm a moderator on a cell phone site for Sprint subscribers (dating back to my days as a Sprint user).

I spend a lot of time online. I hang out in the SU chat and most of the forums I belong to are cell-phone oriented. Thankfully hubby has learned to deal with it.

Otherwise, I love watching movies, either in the theater or on DVD. We don't get out to see movies as often so I got Netflix recently and it is my new favorite thing ever. I'd say I've seen close to 30 movies (between the theater and DVDs) in the past couple months.

Also enjoy bowling, playing pool, and just hanging out. My other main passions are sports and music. I am a former sportswriter, that is how I was introduced to drag racing and I am fanatical about Washington football, Gonzaga basketball, as well as Seahawks football and Mariners baseball. I'll watch just about any sport except hockey or curling.

So I watch sports on TV, go to as many Mariners games as I can and try to catch college hoops in person at least once each season, I saw Gonzaga-Tennessee in December at KeyArena.

With music, I used to play viola, play a little bit of guitar now. I have about 15 gigs (about 3,500 songs) worth of music on my iPod. I love going to concerts. Just saw Seether and Flyleaf a month ago and plan to see Live and Collective Soul in July then Oasis, my favorite band ever, in August just a couple weeks before my 30th birthday. I'm very excited for that.

Food is big around my house, too, though hubby does the cooking. I bought him a charcoal smoker two years ago for Christmas so tomorrow we'll be smoking some ribs. We love food network, too, hubby learned to cook watching Good Eats. A few years ago Alton Brown was in town on a book tour and we went to his little speaking engagement at Elliot Bay Book Store in Pioneer Square. The timing was good because it was the day before hubby's birthday so I took him to lunch before then surprised him with seeing Alton. It was a blast.

I also very much enjoy watching Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I watch more TV than I care to admit to but usually I have ESPN on the tube. House is my current favoritest TV show.

Hopefully we'll be able to travel more in the future ... there are so many places I want to go so maybe next year I can add that to the list.

Well, now you know more about me than you ever cared to know. :p

I saw my 1st Super Modified race last year in Oswego,NY-That was awesome!
We were sitting near turn 1 and it was unbelievable!

Patrick, I was at the "Classic" at Oswego last labor day weekend, Great show, probably one of the best shows in the country for the breed.;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back