MMPS - Epping (1 Viewer)

noticing dan mercier is only non touring TF on epping entry for field of 13........FC has pulled 3 non tour guys for 15.....(which includes t. haddock)
mercier out of montreal, and a couple FC's out of new jersey and massachusetts.

This would've been 3 straight weeks of racing for the MMPS field including the hike to Epping for some.

Last edited:
noticing dan mercier is only non touring TF on epping entry for field of 13........FC has pulled 3 non tour guys for 15.....(which includes t. haddock)
mercier out of montreal, and a couple FC's out of new jersey and massachusetts.
Its like nobody wants to go??? Place does kinda look a little dumpie lol

quick google search says epping seats 25k.....pretty impressive.....i would love to attend any drag racing event there.

Last edited:
Not so much about the facility itself but where it's located. It's 6.5 hours from the next closest national event track (Maple Grove). There are next to no smaller teams based in that part of the country, and it's just too far for the midwest based teams for it to be worthwhile. Same reason Seattle hardly ever gets full fields. Especially with Bristol being next weekend, if you're a small team that can only afford to go to one of the two, it makes way more sense to go to Bristol than all the way to New Hampshire.

Its not Charlotte, Vegas or Bristol, but it is a step back in time to how race tracks used to be laid out...a track cut between two hills. Decades of small upgrades, all performed by shareholders. Oh and the shareholders; the track is and always has been owned and managed by racers. The story is quite amazing

Epping 2024 is the next event my wife and I are planning on checking off the list of national events we’ve attended.
What are accommodations like in the surrounding area?

Epping 2024 is the next event my wife and I are planning on checking off the list of national events we’ve attended.
In 2019 I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express at Merrimack NH, between Manchester and Nashua. I found it an easy drive, around 40 minutes, to the track.

Old school track that is smaller than most on the circuit but we enjoyed checking it out a few years back

I'm not a racer so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't think many racers care about "looks", they want a fast, safe track. Sure NED isn't the crown jewel of NHRA but it's run by racers not a corporation trying to make a quick buck. The throwback looks are a positive, in my opinion, it's not the generic tower tower looming behind the starting line that looks like every other track on the circuit.

Anyhow I was talking with Tommy Johnson Jr. back in the IHRA days and he made the comment about the distance and that he loved being there but it was such a haul for most people and that's why the car counts aren't so high.

They are limited. Your best bet is to head to either Manchester/Bedford NH or Portsmouth

and they are running STK class on friday......worth price of admission rite there......plus snowmobiles on sat and sun (which i never watch, but they're unique to this race and BIR)

Not bad at all. I've always stayed at a Hampton Inn in Manchester or a Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester. The Hilton Garden Inn backs up to the outfield of the minor league baseball stadium. If the team is in town, you can sit at the outdoor restaurant and watch the game. It will take about 35-40 minutes to go back and forth. Both hotels -- as well as others -- are located near 101 highway that runs right to the track. Plenty of restaurants near both.

Not bad at all. I've always stayed at a Hampton Inn in Manchester or a Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester. The Hilton Garden Inn backs up to the outfield of the minor league baseball stadium. If the team is in town, you can sit at the outdoor restaurant and watch the game. It will take about 35-40 minutes to go back and forth. Both hotels -- as well as others -- are located near 101 highway that runs right to the track. Plenty of restaurants near both.
Thank you Jim. I’m saving this page.

The biggest problem at Epping is getting to the track, traffic is a mess getting in and out of the joint.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back