Lucas 4.67 (1 Viewer)

I say switch to Redline oil and be done with it... :eek:
Seemed to help the Hartley's... :D

Missed it... what did Mike say?

And he's not exactly "running around" with Pop's credit card, but the team has no wants- SOMEBODY has/is spending mas moola for them to be out there

I missed Dunn's opinion... Qualifying isn't that thrilling to me on TV past the first 30 minutes (when they show all the nasty stuff that happened on Friday)... What was his insight on the Lucas issue?

CJ Curtsinger

I was reading Mike Dunn's comments in National Dragster that a 4.6 is not enough these days to even qualify. I thought that wasn't so as a 4.6 should get you in yet Dunn was right on. I always thought a 4.67 was a respectable run.

I was reading Mike Dunn's comments in National Dragster that a 4.6 is not enough these days to even qualify. I thought that wasn't so as a 4.6 should get you in yet Dunn was right on. I always thought a 4.67 was a respectable run.

It was a respectable run- just off by "that much"... but the fact that most people couldn't back up Friday should be a concern to more than just Team Lucas or those of us at the 'Mater... Could we be on the verge of Friday night/Saturday night National events, with a last chance qualifier coming Saturday morning at about noon and eliminations start at 5PM? (Yeah, I know- that's another thread ;))

Even the best driver cannot make a 4.67 car run 4.65, he or she can mess it up, but the crew must take the blame, and since they have gone through crew chiefs and all but swapped cars , is it possible one of them is messing with the car ? The only record they will set is the DNQ Record.

Rich just this year the bumps been in the 4.50's.

Even the best driver cannot make a 4.67 car run 4.65, he or she can mess it up, but the crew must take the blame, and since they have gone through crew chiefs and all but swapped cars , is it possible one of them is messing with the car ? The only record they will set is the DNQ Record.

Well, with that logic, are they really driving them anymore then?... DRC says his .67 was loose after 100', so did he reel it in to squeeze out that time, or was he along for the ride and, with a little more driving effort, would have picked up a few huns? And how did the crew do anything to take the blame?

The car fired, rolled, left on all 8 and didn't blow up- I would say that is a sucessful job by the guys spinning the wrenches..

So are you saying that a crewmember would purposely sabotage the car?Where is your logic on that? Do you not realize that crewmembers get bonus money when they go rounds? So why in the world would anybody on the team want to do that?Yeah,they like to sit it out on Sundays, Not! And do you also realize that there are family members to the crew reading this? So,when you spew that junk from your keyboard,I take it quite personal,you are actually talking about my husband and close friends.

I know those guys work long hard hours, and really hope that no one would do anything to cause the car not to Q. But how can a large dollar team with lots of talent not make the top 16, 5 or 6 times. Did not mean to imply anyone you know is involved.

I know those guys work long hard hours, and really hope that no one would do anything to cause the car not to Q. But how can a large dollar team with lots of talent not make the top 16, 5 or 6 times. Did not mean to imply anyone you know is involved.

Yes Dennis,your correct,they very hard,so why would they make it harder on themselves by "messing" with it. As for the DNQ's, I,of course dont have the answer.

I heard him say that. She certainly didn't qualify very well.

Mr. Knoll came on the blog and informed all of us who were lamenting the crew chief change that "all was under control and he knew what he was doing," and this was a good deal. I'll reserve judgement till after the swing but everybody that's ever been in business lays a few eggs to get to the Golden Goose.

When I walked by the trailer today they was working on other frame. maybe switching everything over to it ??

Well, there went that theory.... More than half the pack in at .60 and above....:rolleyes:

Yesterday in qualifying, with Mel's car, I noticed that Richard Hogan was by the car when the engine fired, and he stood right behind the car as it was launching.

He wasn't involved in any starting line procedures, but he was right there watching every step of the way. If my memory is right, he even went over to Mel's car and said something to her before the run.

It made me all the more frustrated that the connection was broken between her and Richard Hogan.

Mr. Knoll came on the blog and informed all of us who were lamenting the crew chief change that "all was under control and he knew what he was doing," and this was a good deal.

What would anyone expect a team owner to say under these circumstances??? :confused::confused:

Hope Mel holds on to the seat in her racer, before that's gone too. :D ;)

She's already gone down in the chase for the championship sitting on the bump. Damn shame ..... hope the "good deal" turns around for Mel.... soon!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back