Lucas 4.67 (2 Viewers)

I'd like to see Morgan et al qualify, seem to be good people. Are they having the same problems with tune up that Kalittas are? Was there a rule change from last year that I passed over that would cause tuners to have the difficulties?

Lee
Nitroclovers

Its good to see some of the little guys get in. Morgan and crew HAVE to step up, its that simple. He's got his dad's money, a talented crew, and great equipment. I am very surprised this kid hasn't won an event, in what 3 years now?

Well, they've spent dad's money, swapped out the crew, and been around the block a few times with various equipment... What's left?

Hmmmm :rolleyes:

I have an idea for everybody here:

Change the name Morgan Lucas for John Force (you know, the guy with more championships than anyone on the planet) and pick up the specluation using your same logic for this year's performance.

It takes time, money, energy, good help, good equipment, and a lot of luck!

I have an idea for everybody here:

Change the name Morgan Lucas for John Force (you know, the guy with more championships than anyone on the planet) and pick up the specluation using your same logic for this year's performance.

It takes time, money, energy, good help, good equipment, and a lot of luck!
I never thought of it quite that way but you're exactly right. Just goes to show that even with the best crew chiefs and crew members and the best parts that money can buy it still takes a big chunk of luck too.

Did not catch that . I would not blame her though . At least both cars are running like twins now , that should make them happy . She barely got in . I guess if Morgans not happy then no one will be . Something has got to give , besides the usual over there . For the record , I think it sucks for Morgan too . I hate when people beat themselves . I think when you hire a top flight crew chief you should listen , not pay them and then dictate what your thoughts are , what their next move is , and what they have to work with in . I thought that little interview with Tobler was a little insight to what we (most of us ) were kind of thinking . But he is doing it , who are we ? Maybe we are looking at character and personnality issues for some departures over there . The results remain the same though , so someone does not want to flex would be my guess . Too bad .

Thats a low blow and somewhat misleading... He has a sponsor just like anyone else and it being a family owned company shouldn't be used against him like that...

CJ Curtsinger

Then read them all, CJ...

Its good to see some of the little guys get in. Morgan and crew HAVE to step up, its that simple. He's got his dad's money, a talented crew, and great equipment. I am very surprised this kid hasn't won an event, in what 3 years now?

How can that be a low blow? Yes, he has a sponsor. Yes, it happens to be his dad's company. And like most other operations that have your family name on the side of the car, there's a bit more funding available than may be shown on a contract. Forrest isn't going to let the kid flounder- and so, it is probably not only the Lucas Oil money being pumped into that budget, but the Lucas Family Racing money as well. And there is nothing wrong with that at all- given the opportunity, all of us would like to be on one side of that deal or the other (giving or recieving).

How can that be a low blow? Yes, he has a sponsor. Yes, it happens to be his dad's company. And like most other operations that have your family name on the side of the car, there's a bit more funding available than may be shown on a contract. Forrest isn't going to let the kid flounder- and so, it is probably not only the Lucas Oil money being pumped into that budget, but the Lucas Family Racing money as well. And there is nothing wrong with that at all- given the opportunity, all of us would like to be on one side of that deal or the other (giving or recieving).

Well then we ran into the fatal error of the internet: its emotionless and toneless... When I read your post it seemed to come off rather belittling, as if Lucas was running around with his dad's credit card or something... Good to know we are on the same page... :)

CJ Curtsinger

No prob, CJ... Hell, I remember when one partner would run around with the others credit card, wallet AND wife on some of the teams from the wild and wooly days :D

I think it was Candies and Hughes (or possibly Stone, Woods and Cook) that used to refer to themselves as "The Wallet and The Wrench"-always good to have BOTH of those things in tip-top order before you fall into this sport :p

Well then we ran into the fatal error of the internet: its emotionless and toneless... When I read your post it seemed to come off rather belittling, as if Lucas was running around with his dad's credit card or something... Good to know we are on the same page... :)

CJ Curtsinger

Whose credit card do you think Morgan is using? Mike Dunn was very clear with his opinion of what is going on with this team. And, the mention of Mel being unhappy was also interesting.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back