Latrel Preston leaves Torco (1 Viewer)

Well, I doubt this is true. He'd be bailed out in less then a day and a trial wouldn't happen for months.

You shouldn't post this until you KNOW he's in jail and what the charges are.

Unless he's using Myspace from jail or somebody else is logged into his account there was a Happy Fathers Day bulletin sent out by him just a couple hours ago.

Come on guys, posting he is in jail is a little overboard without any facts to support your point.

Rummor on the "street" from some one who talks to Evan daily said Mr. Knoll is in JAIL..... If your out there Evan and this isnt true set the record straight.. Everyone on here should know by now ALL my post are FACT... The only thing rich people go to jail for are fraud and imbesslement P.S. I dont ever post till i know for sure but im trusting my source on this one
Well . . . aside from bad spelling and grammar, you have no idea what you are talking about. After a bad situation with a former stockholder in a previous business - my attorney wisely said "You can't steal from yourself". That takes care of "Imbullzzemunt".
Fraud - does this involve the IRS? If you have an issue with excess deductions the IRS wants your money, not prison time.
Fast track to a federal pen is not depositing your employees' witholding and medicare deductions and your matching funds to go racing.
I don't like what Evan did to friends and customers, but his heart was in the right place for a long time. If he does have health issues, i wish him well.

First off Travis, you ought to fire your source because they are dead wrong. Evan Knoll is not in jail. He is very much free and living in Decatur, Michigan at this moment.

In matters of imprisonment or death, it's always best to wait for a major news source [not pitching for CompPlus or any of the other e-zines] or official documentation to confirm such a delicate issue.

Such errors can sometimes end of with legal implications towards you the author and the website. Just a heads-up for the future.

Rummor on the "street" from some one who talks to Evan daily said Mr. Knoll is in JAIL..... If your out there Evan and this isnt true set the record straight.. Everyone on here should know by now ALL my post are FACT...

The only thing rich people go to jail for are fraud and imbesslement

Travo

P.S. I dont ever post till i know for sure but im trusting my source on this one

:confused::confused::mad:

Hmm believe Bobby or Travis......aw crap...rock paper scissors...dang...Trusted source...fact...

Alex, I'll take Trust Bobby Bennett for 1,000 please...ohh the daily double.

And ditto on the legal advice as well.

I am still here no jail hell i would relax there-lol, and been resting and got some new fuel comming out the next GENERATION MACH SERIES in about 10 days that we had in R&D for about 2 years!!!!!!!!! The IRS has been audititing the past 3 years and it takes time the size we are SO WHAT? And for Latrell Preston he was let go by "my staff" END OF STORY. Press realease comming soon its all good except some inhouse mega dollors bull-****!!!!!!!! Thanks Evan Knoll. PS. No further comment at this time. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!! 2009 Will be good for most of us.

Straight talk from the man himself...enough for you knuckheaded bashers?

Thanks for the update Evan! Stay strong!!! :D

I am still here no jail hell i would relax there-lol, and been resting and got some new fuel comming out the next GENERATION MACH SERIES in about 10 days that we had in R&D for about 2 years!!!!!!!!! The IRS has been audititing the past 3 years and it takes time the size we are SO WHAT? And for Latrell Preston he was let go by "my staff" END OF STORY. Press realease comming soon its all good except some inhouse mega dollors bull-****!!!!!!!! Thanks Evan Knoll. PS. No further comment at this time. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!! 2009 Will be good for most of us.

Da pimp has spoken! Good to see you're not being incarsarated by "THE MAN" Evan!;)

And Happy Fathers day to you too Sir!

Timmah!:cool:

Oh and PS: Get Better... get your A$$ to Vegas in October, cause U owe me a beer! Just were just SO DAMN COOL!:D

Say what you want about Evan right now but he has helped a WHOLE lot of drag racers over the past couple of years.

You know when i first started posting on nitrol speculation came out about Alan J. and i jump on and made some harsh comments and i was wrong and i publicly apologize to Alan and everyone on nitrol. It was a lesson learned, you should not make accusations about people off of speculations and rumors. There's a handful on people on nitro that should set down think before putting head up &%^@. I learned, you can't breath up there.:eek:

Evan,

Care to comment on the below version of events?

Torco & Evan Knoll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I can tell you a few stories and clear up a few things, but in the end it is funny to be able to say I never could figure out where all the cash was coming from...........

I went to work directly for these guys (Torco R/F) at the end of 2006 season after doing some work on a 'race to race' basis for one of their teams (Mike Ashley). Evan Knoll himself called me for a meeting and hired me on the spot.

I'll be the first to admit I let the deal string out way too long. I'm going to list just a few of the stories I was told by CFO Latrell Preston AND Evan Knoll personally:

-We were thinking we would pay you MONTHLY instead of weekly, so the check will be coming at the 1st of the month (about 30 days into the deal).

-How about we just give you the payments quarterly, since you're on the road for weeks at a time anyway. (couple of months into the deal)

-We'll just set you up for expenses on a company c.c and pay you all in one big payment at the end of the year..........

When I would set up a meeting with Evan for a particular location and time, either he would not show up or when I would go to their H.Q, he would all of a sudden have been called away on out of town business. The same was usually the case with CFO Latrell Preston, or when I was able to meet with him Evan was unavailable and had not yet authorized a payment to me.

When I finally was able to get them both together in conversation to verify from Evan to Latrell that payment was due, a check was supposed to have been cut and Fed-Exed that day. When it didn't arrive and I got ahold of Latrell, he informed me that all their funds had been 'tie-up' and they could not get the money to pay me.

Since that time I have not been able to raise a call back or return email from Evan. I went after the Chicago NHRA last week to Torco H.Q to try and settle this deal. It was funny that when I rolled into the parking lot Gary Densham was there looking for the same thing........$$$$$$$$$$$$$. He is at the same crossroads as me, ready to take fuel, t-shirts, or used race parts in lieu of the cash if thats all there is.

I can tell you this, all the people you racers would ever have known as representatives from Torco are long gone. Many cut short after years (some as many as 20) of service. No explanation, no sympathy or severance packages.

-Brian Pfiffer, gone.
-Terry McMillan, gone.
-Eric Zerbe, gone.
-Latrell Preston, gone.
-Buck,Ben, and all the fuel truck guys, gone.
-All the fancy rides usually in the lot, gone.

At around 1 in the afternoon the office lights were off, no one manning the front desk or phones.

Latrell informed me that Evan was pointing the finger at him and the company attorney for looting millions from the company and leaving it at the mercy of all the creditors. Looks like they repo'ed Latrells car and have his house up for sale. If he took ANY money from Torco, it sure isn't visible.

I always thought Latrell was a decent guy, and was left to do the things Evan didn't want to have to do, the 'fall guy' I guess. Still seems that way now. The very next day he called me and said they had fired him, citing embezzlement as the reason.

I worked for these guys for 11 months and still have many of the same questions you all have, where the hell did all that money really come from. There was always talk (Evan) of refineries, chemical plants, and pipelines across the nation, but I was never able to lay my eyes on any of it. I had a deal once to sell 10, 000 cases of Mach Accelerator and Skull Shine. When I brought the deal to the table, Evan said it was just too much trouble to package and ship it all...WTF?!?!?!

I know of numerous racers, vendors, and workers who are still waiting on their money and/or and explanation. I'll be the 1st to admit I'm nobody. Just a regular dude with not a ton of $$$$$, lakehouses, jet planes of race teams, but I do take care of my people.

Those of you who know the nature of my other business are laughing now, because you all know the reason I was likely hired by the big man in the 1st place......

Sorry, Brent. I'm familiar with one individual, in particular, that was deep into the Torco deal, but I'm not connected well enough to know who this particular person is.

Sean D

This just basically has suck written all over it.

And Evan's attitude about the whole deal is not helping my opinion.

Evan..I was on your side, Man..but this cocky as$ attitude, and the blowing off of things responsible has me baffled.

Why is everyone so surprised? This is not finished and the end result w/ be his reputation and what people/racers remember about his way of 'doing business'..Mention Knolls name @ the credentials window @ an NHRA event and the look is not pleasant...

In fact I can remember when alot of people felt that if Knoll left drag racing the sport would suffer. Well he is gone and will not be back in the same capacity and the show continues.

One word, WOW! It really sucks for the racers who have been impacted by this in a negative manner. If any part of this note is 1/2 true it will be hard for anyone to support Knoll and still have a leg to stand on. What goes around will come around.

Greg, that's very interesting. But from what Evan says it sounds like it will be buisness as usual real soon. The IRS audit is just the ebb and flow of big business I guess.

Bash me all you want I know it is Fact.. Evan Knoll was taken to jail.. people can post under any name on here. (i have three myself under different names) all with the same c.c...

His personel motor home has been at illusions for months waiting to get the interior done like mike ashleys. every time evan or lattrell called they tolded them they hadnt started on it cause he hadnt sent a check.. kept saying it was in the mail. ha nothing new here...

Evan may have done a lot for the sport but look how bad he hurt it when he p;ulled out. if he had that many health problems why would he get back in a tf car.

Bobby B if your all bout running a bussiness why would you let them out of there contract without paying? whats the real story. health has nothing to do with bussiness. if mike ashley got sick he wouldnt shut down lend america now would he

I have the best team of lawyers in the world and know a lot more of what is going on then all of you on here put together..

if any one has anything else to say SEND ME A MSG.

and whoever said i could get sued for saying **** bout ppl well **** you too that cant happen (remember our RIGHTS) i can say what i want and if this post gets deleted i can sue the mater for violating my rights. :cool:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back