Brut is leaving (1 Viewer)

I knew they should of had Al Segrini drive. ;)

If that is true, that is really too bad. Brut did a great job promoting that deal. The Brut funny car ads made it into magazines that had nothing to do with drag racing. Plus TV commercials, the girls, all of it.

This really hits home! Really! Our little crew of sorts has used the Trifecta BirthBash (First Thursday in February) in Charlotte to promote the good uses of BRUT. The big whigs at BRUT, and a certain FC driver has been instrumental in the success of this event with shipments of BRUT each year since "Timeless Power of BRUT" came to the NHRA.

Thanks for the memories BRUT, and some things I don't remember.

:D

I thought Brut reduced to an assoc. sponsor on Capp's car?

thats what was originally stated. I think that they were still on the NAPA car when it was unveiled.

Good thing NAPA is there, I'd hate to see Capps out of a ride.

Does this mean Kelly has to paint her house again from brut colors to napa :)

NAPA NYMPHO'S....STARTIN TO SOUND GOOD RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!;)

THIS SUCKS! Brut did great bringing good people and good attention to Drag Racing! Kelly...I'm sorry! That License plate is gonna be a huge Collectors item now!!!

We sure as heck don't need these sponsors BOLTIN right now!

No More Free BRUT REVOLUTION????
No More Free BRUT EYE CANDY?????
No more Free visits to the Brut Hospitality area????

a Collective WTF??????:eek:

I think a lawsuit agains't Brut is in order. Emotional distress from going to races with NO Brut gals? They're gonna pay for this!:mad:

Thank the lord, I can go back to Mennen's Skin Bracer!

Did any you above mentioned you used the PRODUCT which is why it was on Ron's racecar- they wanted you to BUY the product!

I did. I was a big fan of Al Segrini way back when and when they returned to Drag Racing on Capps car, I switched to Brut Deoderant and aftershave. The Brut girls were a big bonus, but yeah, they were an NHRA sponsor, and so I bought their product. It's for the same reason I use Castrol Oil, buy Skull Shine car care products, buy Mac tools, etc.

Does anyone else stay brand loyal to their favorite teams?

Used the anti-perspirant myself. Their sponsorship (for me) set them apart from other products.

I especially hate to see non-automotive sponsors leave. They MUST have seen a return on their investment.

To punctuate the sad tale of Brut leaving, back in the Segrini days- and was there EVER a more beautiful flopper?, my estranged wife's uncle was traffic managerfor Fabrege's warehouse properties.
The guy was as far from a motorhead as you could possibly get, but he felt the racecar stimulated EMPLOYEE loyalty toward the company- another thing that will go away with Brut's departure- and something that the corporate moguls probably overlook from their highrise offices.

Well this sucks. Brut was one of the coolest sponsors in years. Very active and very supportive. They couldn't ask for a better team that Ron and Ace. Maybe it's me but I can't remember a time when so many good sponsors left the sport and so many winning drivers were outside looking in on the sponsorship deal. :( Still can't believe Miller's not in the sport on some level. The list of drivers reads like a who's who. Yeesh. What is the NHRA doing to help keep these companies? :confused:

Oh No!!!
Major bummer. BRUT did so much for drag racing.
I will still buy the stuff, I thank them for everything they did!
brutrevgif.gif

*edit
In case you like the music on the commercial like I do, here it is:
Turn it up!!! Rock out!!!!
:cool:

YouTube - BRUT Revolution

Last edited:
This sucks to see them leave. They were a great sponsor that gave a lot of exposure to the sport. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back