John reaction to ashley win (1 Viewer)

This entire thread has been nothing more or less than the crystal clear defining of the supporters and the detractors of JFR in general that frequent this board and care to comment. It's a very clear black and white line between them as I see it.

I'll choose to congratulate Ashley for her undisputed place standing atop the points among the best in the world by proving herself week-in and week-out and for having an unbeatable car the entire weekend.

As for John's reactions as this thread was started about in the first place, I suspect he's just as competitive as he used to be any of the other thousands of times he went up in smoke and walked away disappointed. I further suspect John was more disappointed at the appearance his aggressive tune up left him with in the public eye knowing that statements like these past few pages would surely follow.

Either way it's surely a shame we're not hailing Ashley's first win with the same enthusiasm we would've had she not faced off in her superior car against another team's entry as she did the previous three rounds.

now that is THE post of the year! thank you mr miller. we should all congradulate ashley on her 1st win of hopefully many!

Actually, I consider myself the MOST vocal anti buellsheet theorist.:D

Was John injured (quite severe LEG injuries....I may add,) just 7 months ago?

Has the car been smoking the tires often up to this point?

Was the problem probably traced to the weakness in his left leg, and with attention to that and altering his driving style, able to make clean runs up to the final in Atlanta?

This was the most rounds he has been this year with aforementioned leg?

simple questions,

Give me four yes or no's.

If you want to;)

REX

yes,no,didn't at all till the final,no,don't know at all what weakness in his left leg has to do with cutting a .170 and yes. peace,I'm out for now

How did the Castrol Technology Center fit each and every one us into it before the final!! Wow!! That's how we know what Austin, Bernie, and John were thinking!! Of course John does have 20 trailers at the track. :D:D

yes,no,didn't at all till the final,no,don't know at all what weakness in his left leg has to do with cutting a .170 and yes. peace,I'm out for now

1.....yes, correct

2.....no, incorrect, Johns car has been making quite inconsistent passes UP 'TILL ATLANTA (reading comprehension 101;)), including a DNQ. that was brought up several times during the weekend. You need No Doze:D

3.....uh.......weak left leg, clutch pedal in a Nitro funny........RT's........anyhow..........oh nevermind:confused:

4.....yes, correct

Somehow I think I expect a bit too much:cool:

I think the fix was in from the start. I mean come on, let's re-cap.

Rd 1 Del shuts off, an obvious gimme

Rd 2 Head drives out of the groove, made it look good.

Rd 3 Capps has his worst light of the day and smokes the tires (in the good lane)

Final John smokes um at the bump

It's not the final that looks fishey to me, it's the first and the semis that seem strange. And if it had been John in the other lane on either of those runs you guys would swear they were playing games. Am I right?

John needed the win more than Ashley did, he is down in the points, he is coming off a DQ, he is tryin for 1000 round wins. He wanted it as bad as she did

Ashley's team did a great job all day, they won twice in each lane and they deserved to win. Four clean runs (the belt broke in the second round) and a trophy. They have been to three straight finals, and they won fair and square.

Alan

You forgot the 1.70 reaction time! :p

You forgot the 1.70 reaction time! :p

I run a slow car 11 sec. car at Englishtown.. I run in the 11.50 Index class.. the car is almost stock Corvette... & we run off a .500 Pro Tree..

I can stage Deep (better light) or shallow slower light, but better ET... last week I was DEEP staging on a .500 Pro tree with an almost stock Vette..

In 4 rounds my BEST RT was .040 my worst (on a competition single) was .093) The point being reaction times can vary a whole lot, depending how DEEP you are, if you blink, or if the sun is in the other lane shining in your eyes...

I've seen many Pro's have .140+ lights trust me it CAN happen!!

In the last three races Ashley and her team have competed in 12 rounds of racing. They have won 10 of those 12. They have raced a team car exactly once, in the final Sunday. In those same three races. John's team has competed in 7 rounds of racing and won 5. They also DNQed in Las Vegas.

So I guess that John and his team decided that Ashley was good enough to beat all the other teams, but needed help to beat John. Austin Coil told me on Monday that the clutch "Did exactly the same thing in the final that it did Friday night." And that they thought they had fixed the issue, but apparently they needed to look at it again.

Those of you that have decided that this was a dive will never believe otherwise, so what’s the point in arguing about it? I believe that Ashley has had the best car out there for the last three races, and now has her first trophy as a Pro. Congratulations to the entire team. I also believe that they will win more this year, maybe when that happens some of the doubters will come around.

As for John’s late light, I would never make excuses for a guy with 999 round wins. My guess is that he just missed it.

In my earlier post I said that John’s car smoked the tires at the bump. I have since seen the footage and know that it didn’t get that far. I stand corrected.

I still wonder why Capps can smoke the tires at the hit and it's bad luck, but when John does it, it has to be a dive.

Alan

1.....yes, correct

2.....no, incorrect, Johns car has been making quite inconsistent passes UP 'TILL ATLANTA (reading comprehension 101;)), including a DNQ. that was brought up several times during the weekend. You need No Doze:D

3.....uh.......weak left leg, clutch pedal in a Nitro funny........RT's........anyhow..........oh nevermind:confused:

4.....yes, correct

Somehow I think I expect a bit too much:cool:

No doze? Obviously I totally slept through when nitro cars went back to letting out a clutch on the launch, I totally slept through this entire thread that's focused on going up in smoke in Atlanta,not his entire season. The only thing I haven't missed are your totally arrogant replies to my posts and your penchant for getting in the last word,so go ahead and have it because I've had mine. I obviously can't converse with someone of such superior intelligence

No doze? Obviously I totally slept through when nitro cars went back to letting out a clutch on the launch, I totally slept through this entire thread that's focused on going up in smoke in Atlanta,not his entire season. The only thing I haven't missed are your totally arrogant replies to my posts and your penchant for getting in the last word,so go ahead and have it because I've had mine. I obviously can't converse with someone of such superior intelligence

whatever sport........g'day:)

REX

This thread has gone on for too long...No mater what, Ashley's 'car' will win again and when it happens against someone other than a team car then her peers and others will take notice. I was there and felt bad when I saw the ladder and how it would look in the final. For the points and the best car in fuel coupe racing to date, they are ripping.

what the hell ! all i did was comment that in my opinion it looked suspicious and i've been labeled an idiot, stupid, and put on the ignore list. I personally never said force laid down for her , there was just alot of things that happened that raised my suspicions about a dive.

How many rounds has Ashleys cars been going latley? Isnt she in the points lead, hmm big conspiracy the whole yr everything has been planned out ahead of time and were all just sheep watching it unfold.
As for the late light maybe John although hes a very expierenced proffesional had a brain Fart due to the situation of racing his daughter, Could be her first win or the fact he was going to brake his own record.
Everyone need to relax and enjoy the ride

I still wonder why Capps can smoke the tires at the hit and it's bad luck, but when John does it, it has to be a dive.

Alan

i think i can answer that. No one suspected Capps because He wasn't racing his own daughter in a final and he didn't cut the worst light of his career, and before the run he didn't ask Ed Mcculloch 'is the car gonna smoke the tires' !! oh and one more thing, i dont think Schumacher would approve of laying down for another team :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

James,

If it can be bad luck for Ron, why can't it be bad luck for John?

Alan

P.S. I never called you a name, or added you to the ignore list (but the day is young-LOL)

Alan,
Would you please stop putting this in perspective:D
Some of these conspiracy theories are pretty entertaining.

Ok, I e-mailed John and straight up asked him if he took a dive, since you guys are SOOO concerned about it. Here's what he had to say:

"1. If you are taking a dive, make sure that you aren't winning the race when you smoke the tires for gods sake.

2. Make it believable. If you smoke the tires, get in and out of the throttle a couple times like your trying.

3. Everyone loves drama. Pitch the rods out. Knock the burst panel out or pitch the blower off.

4. Fire is good. No one in their right mind would set the car on fire taking a dive. Even CSI would say "No way that was a dive. That thing is on fire."

5. When you get out of the car, throw something. Jump up and down and make a real scene. It will keep Mike Dunn's sniffer off your case. He smells dives like I smell tv cameras."

So...there you have it. No dive. :D

All you JFR haters can now return to your regularly scheduled lives if you have one. :cool:

Dead on with a zero!

You are nuts if you think it was adive.

You honestly believe if John had cut a good light and not smoked the tires we would be debating this? :confused:

I can't speak for Paul but I believe we would. The only way we wouldn't is if John cut a good light and she beat him on a hole shot, and even then some (note SOME) would still say they set the cars up for her to win.

220+ posts(counting the other thread too) on John dive or no dive. I think we all said our opinion about at least 5 times each. Let's just agree to disagree and end this.
Congrates again Ashley, hope you win in St. Louis.

Let's take a look at this from the beginning.

John Force wants son(s) so they one day can take over the business.

He has daughters.

He grooms them all from an early age, to drag race.

They all drag race.

Ashley is the first to go Pro, in a JFR Nitro Funny Car

She's crashed, she's been on fire, she's had nearly all the experiences a funny car driver can have....with John watching his baby every time, feeling every emotion a father can feel. especially one who has 'been there, done that' and understands first hand, the danger she faces everytime she runs the quarter mile.

Every trip down the quarter mile, the day that she wins her first National Event, gets closer.

Every trip down the quarter mile, brings a chance father and daughter will run each other in the final of a National Event

The day arrives when father and daughter are set to run each other in the final.

That is the same round in which John can win his 1000th round of racing... yet another Milestone in HIS career.

So, how many years has John Force been waiting for the day to see Ashley win her first national event?

And how many years has John Force looked forward to racing Ashley in the final round of a National event?

Could it be that even the most seasoned pro in all of drag racing, got distracted for about 1.70 seconds on the starting line when all of these issues and emotions came together?

I think it could.

What possible purpose could have been served by him taking a dive in this historic event, an event that he has trained his daughter for and looked forward to, for so many years? None, in my opinion.

But then, thinking logically has always been a curse for me. ;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back