John reaction to ashley win (1 Viewer)

it was nothing more than a business decision john force made to smoke the tires....drag racing right now to john force is business and he needed every square inch of it in order to pass the torch...

i love john dearly but his acting job didnt fool anyone.

I thought it was the best weekend of racing in years, throughout all of the classes.

Actually, I'm not sure if they smoked the tires on purpose or not, but he did sleep on the lights for her (a .170 light). Who cares if John actually let her win, as her father, most would have. She's earned her way to the head of the class all year long, it's not like she backed in to her first win.

Last edited:
This is real simple, the best car won yesterday. John was beat by the better car and I am sure he was not happy he lost.

Let's just face the facts. Whenever two Force cars go up against each other and one driver is ahead of the other in points and wins when the other driver smokes the tires or leaves late, someone is going to instantly jump up and shout DIVE DIVE!!!!!

The only time that won't happen is when both cars cross the finish line dead even. Some people love to see something wrong no matter what happens.

Congrats to Ashley. You earned the win. Ignore the folks that just can't believe that you can win without help from your dad.

I'm getting old and can't remember everything, but I thought I heard Force say something to Coil asking about the possibility of smoking the tires. It was later in the coverage and Force was leaning on the drivers door of the Excursion. It sounded like he was pretty pissed that it happened. He also made the comment about how he would have liked to get the 1000th round win on the back of competing in his 500th race.

No matter what the outcome would have been, there would have been people pointing fingers and acusing the team of playing games.

Bob Tasca was on Fire throughout eliminations.

During the Semi's.....John knew the Kid was going to take no prisoners.

That was the round John HAD to go to work. That's what makes a great driver over the rest of good drivers...jmho.

BUT, If Only.................

I don't think that run against Head was a "clean run". She got out of the groove heading to the wall and reeled her back in across the lane and was getting pretty close to going into Head's lane and shut it off, I don't think she lost the belt. I thought she said that herself that she shut it off.
I wish the final would have been a close race like Top Fuel was, that would have been awesome to see Ashley beat her Dad on a holeshot.

I was the guy shaking my head 30 feet into the run!! I just wanted to see a good one.

Alan, when Eisenhower built I-85 I don't think it was intended as a weather barrier on RACEDAY. All the tuff stuff rolled around the back of the tower after 5. :D

I was there and Johns reaction were for what everyone would think looked like a dive IMO and his light was like he was waiting for her to go first. Ashleys car was ripping style but her first win will be more accepted by her peers when she wins over someone else that is not paying her bills...There were not many fuel drivers that came to her pit to wish her congrats..
But overall they had the car to beat and w/ that left lane situation JF could have @ least made it to the transition part of the track before going up n smoke. Very obvious to most--

Ok, I e-mailed John and straight up asked him if he took a dive, since you guys are SOOO concerned about it. Here's what he had to say:

"1. If you are taking a dive, make sure that you aren't winning the race when you smoke the tires for gods sake.

2. Make it believable. If you smoke the tires, get in and out of the throttle a couple times like your trying.

3. Everyone loves drama. Pitch the rods out. Knock the burst panel out or pitch the blower off.

4. Fire is good. No one in their right mind would set the car on fire taking a dive. Even CSI would say "No way that was a dive. That thing is on fire."

5. When you get out of the car, throw something. Jump up and down and make a real scene. It will keep Mike Dunn's sniffer off your case. He smells dives like I smell tv cameras."

So...there you have it. No dive. :D

All you JFR haters can now return to your regularly scheduled lives if you have one. :cool:

I was there and Johns reaction were for what everyone would think looked like a dive IMO and his light was like he was waiting for her to go first. Ashleys car was ripping style but her first win will be more accepted by her peers when she wins over someone else that is not paying her bills...There were not many fuel drivers that came to her pit to wish her congrats..
But overall they had the car to beat and w/ that left lane situation JF could have @ least made it to the transition part of the track before going up n smoke. Very obvious to most--

Oh, never mind what we all said earlier, the "expert" with the stellar track record here has spoken. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you even have the balls to show your face here after last months stunt.

You are always the first one to throw in "the other drivers" "the other crew members" "the other owners" etc etc etc crap and always make it out that no one likes her, thinks she belongs, thinks she's going to hurt someone etc whatever.

Well let me tell you this, my family and I raised show animals for 8 years. We kicked ass and took names. Hands down. Won hundreds of thousands of dollars doing it ok. We are about the most friendly fun loving bunch of people you can hang out with, ask anybody that races with us or the few here that have hung out with us at the races. Where I am going with this is that everyone hated us. HATED. We were called cheaters, liers, whatever. That other people raised our animals, we didnt do anything, that we were paying the judges off, paying ridiculous money for animals, whatever. We got drug tested and threatened all the time. Point of all this, when you kick ass like Force has and will continue to do, people start to dislike you. When this starts happening, you know youv'e reached the top.

Back to this thread, CONGRATS TO ASHLEY. She's had the best car the last several races. She been to 12 straight rounds with 10 round win and 1 race win and should have been atleast 2 race wins. The girl is doing a great job and regardless of whether the final was a dive or not, ASHLEY FORCE WON ATLANTA AND SHE CONTINUES TO LEAD THE FUNNY CAR POINTS. END OF STORY.

Yeppers, Terry, I was waiting for you especially.

A JFR hater through and through.

envy will get you nowhere, and if you look back through ALL of your posts since day one that is the only obvious thing I for one see.

Let it go, you are too negative to ever make it anywhere.

Some succeed, some just stay bitter.

put that in yer pipe..............

REX

Oh, never mind what we all said earlier, the "expert" with the stellar track record here has spoken. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you even have the balls to show your face here after last months stunt.

Behind a keyboard everyone just gets a little smarter, Terry just truly believes he's Einstein.

All you out there in agreement with this guy, and yeah, there are a few simple minded out there.......... I feel sorry fer ya'

You have all hit new low's.

JMO

REX

I think the fix was in from the start. I mean come on, let's re-cap.

Rd 1 Del shuts off, an obvious gimme

Rd 2 Head drives out of the groove, made it look good.

Rd 3 Capps has his worst light of the day and smokes the tires (in the good lane)

Final John smokes um at the bump

It's not the final that looks fishey to me, it's the first and the semis that seem strange. And if it had been John in the other lane on either of those runs you guys would swear they were playing games. Am I right?

John needed the win more than Ashley did, he is down in the points, he is coming off a DQ, he is tryin for 1000 round wins. He wanted it as bad as she did

Ashley's team did a great job all day, they won twice in each lane and they deserved to win. Four clean runs (the belt broke in the second round) and a trophy. They have been to three straight finals, and they won fair and square.

Alan

What he said! :)

Right on the money Alan

After reading some of these posts, let me just say this......

"Welcome, ladies & gentlemen. This is Dionne Warwick and you have now reached the NITRO-PSYCHIC FRIENDS NETWORK HOTLINE. "

Geezaloo.....:rolleyes:

Anyway, Ashley girl, you done good! ;) Congratulations on your first, of many, career wins. I'm sure that no one, more then you, had hoped for a really close first finals race with your Dad. It was not meant to be, but don't let anyone take this win away from you.

Now, if we can just get Erica Enders back in the game for her first career Pro Stock win, I'll be a happy ol' lady. :p

There are some NASCAR fans who have breakfast every morning at a small restaurant I frequent from a couple of times a week. They were all ga-ga over Danica Patrick's recent win. I had the pleasure of telling them that women have been winners in Drag Racing for 30+ years, and at very high speeds. :D

hhhmmm.. John lit 'em up about 150 ft out. Where were all the fuel cars in the left lane striking the hides in the first round? Where were quite a few funny cars boiling them in the left lane? Where was the transition between the new concrete and the old concrete? Where did Angie nearly come off the bike?

I know people have been commenting on how good the track was yesterday. It was significantly better than anything we've seen this season. It still looked like a one lane race track during the first round to me. Funny thing is 10 years ago you couldn't get a moped down the right lane in Commerce. Now it's better and the left is suspect.

Back to the original topic... Dive? Who cares..... By and large it was a good race all day long. First time in a while the fans got their monies worth.

You know I would hate to go through life like a number of people on this thread. Everything that they look at or see is instantaniously NEGATIVE. Damn, people what the hell is wrong with you?????

Do you think that just maybe we have a multi-champion racing against someone who has been in the finals for three races and they both want to win badly. Was I the only one who heard him tell her in the top end interview in the semis that everybody pays there dues and if she wants to win she will have to beat him???

Oh yeah thats right it was all just a setup so he could dive. I guess you could also thank all those before him that blew off the tires in exactly the same spot for doing the setup for the dive....

Being that negative all the time must be a awful....................

They raced, she won, he lost, end of story. Like was said, if they raced and she won by 1 ten thousand of a second some negative person would jump on here and said that he reached up and pulled the brake handle so she could win.......

Behind a keyboard everyone just gets a little smarter

And they feel an overwhelming sense of entitlement to go with their omnipotence. We should be honored they even post here, hell they payed their dollar like everyone else, so they can say whatever they want about whomever they want and send hateful PMs to whomever they want.

/sarcasm off

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back