John reaction to ashley win (1 Viewer)

In a word, no. Why would it?

Since the .83 was only a hundreth off of low ET of elims, I would say the car was set up very aggressive.

Guido was there to win or go home a loser.

Simple.

REX

So if Alan Johnson were to take his tuneup from "The Run" from the finals at Pamona 2 years ago and use it this weekend in St. Louis do you think he is going to smoke the tires, sure he will, he is overpowering the track, and it won't handle that 4.42 he laid down there.
Every team is there to win or go home, they try to set up their car to run what they think the track will handle, not set an ET record.

Gudio put in Procks clutch setup! and Fuel curve! ;)

But you saw Prock did not have his head set on he knew the tune up was right on!
:rolleyes:

Biggest thrash had to be AAA card before elim. to change head gasket!
Lucky it rained!

Also the clouds/rain really helped ATL track. If sun was out it would have been smoky fest!

Bryan

What are the odds that all those factors would have come together at on place on the same day?

Well, using the highy complicated science of SIH I have determined that the odds are 100%!

BTW, SIH is Statistics In Hindsight. I usually get that right about 90% of the time! :D

So if Alan Johnson were to take his tuneup from "The Run" from the finals at Pamona 2 years ago and use it this weekend in St. Louis do you think he is going to smoke the tires, sure he will, he is overpowering the track, and it won't handle that 4.42 he laid down there.
Every team is there to win or go home, they try to set up their car to run what they think the track will handle, not set an ET record.

Setting a car on "Kill" does not mean going for the record.

I think Guido threw a tuneup into the car based on Johns earlier .82, and figured that was what the track would hold.

I gotta' laugh, you really think you can tune a fuel flopper to the hundreth every run?

They are unpredictable beasts, possibly you could give it a try and see how it turns out:rolleyes:

REX

Maybe he just knew what was going to be speculated about Ashley's first win! ;)

One thing is for sure he looked real old that day the way he walked the way he talked kind of like someone who has seen one to many battles if you know what I mean. :eek:

So, which is it? In one post you say her win isn't "clean" and in the next you say you're not accusing John of diving.

If it's not clean, it must be a dive. Do you personally think it was or wasn't a dive?

First quote of mine is just that...her and John will always wish it was clean...both cars full out to the lights...since it wasn't there will always be conversation

Second quote states what everyone saw...a controversial final with one car in smoke at the hit after a 1.7 something light. It looked a lot like a run from the Tony P days...

If you saw something different please send the tape to ESPN. They saw the same thing I did and questioned the runs legitimacy on Sportscenter.

First quote of mine is just that...her and John will always wish it was clean...both cars full out to the lights...since it wasn't there will always be conversation

Second quote states what everyone saw...a controversial final with one car in smoke at the hit after a 1.7 something light. It looked a lot like a run from the Tony P days...

If you saw something different please send the tape to ESPN. They saw the same thing I did and questioned the runs legitimacy on Sportscenter.

I was hoping you'd respond with your definition of clean... and you did:

"both cars full out to the lights"

It just happens to be different than my definition of clean, which is:

"no funny business"

I'd still like to know your personal opinion, though. Do you think it was a tank job or not?

I was hoping you'd respond with your definition of clean... and you did:

"both cars full out to the lights"

It just happens to be different than my definition of clean, which is:

"no funny business"

I'd still like to know your personal opinion, though. Do you think it was a tank job or not?
Hi Tom! How's the old Sooner doin? I have been wrestling with the final thing for two days and finally posted my "opinions" on the Re force 1.70 thread. You're welcome to check that out and let me know what you think. I have a great deal of respect for your thoughts and opinions from our football thread sparring days and would like to know what you think. And, oh, Go Huskers!

Setting a car on "Kill" does not mean going for the record.

I think Guido threw a tuneup into the car based on Johns earlier .82, and figured that was what the track would hold.

I gotta' laugh, you really think you can tune a fuel flopper to the hundreth every run?

They are unpredictable beasts, possibly you could give it a try and see how it turns out:rolleyes:

REX

I never said you could tune a funny car to the hundreth every run.
I am experienced in the trucking industry and have been around trucks my entire life so I know more about running a trucking company than someone who sit's in front of a computer all day, what damn difference does it make, most everyone is skilled at what THEY do, not what someone else does. I guess that means you can't have an observation about something unless you are a skilled, King of all things drag racer .
Why does everyone always come to the examples of well geez, maybe you should give it a try and teach them how to do it? Well if I had chosen that profession I could learn, just like every one of them had too.

I never said you could tune a funny car to the hundreth every run.
I am experienced in the trucking industry and have been around trucks my entire life so I know more about running a trucking company than someone who sit's in front of a computer all day, what damn difference does it make, most everyone is skilled at what THEY do, not what someone else does. I guess that means you can't have an observation about something unless you are a skilled, King of all things drag racer .
Why does everyone always come to the examples of well geez, maybe you should give it a try and teach them how to do it? Well if I had chosen that profession I could learn, just like every one of them had too.

Sometimes you can tie a little knot 'round 'roids and they will fall off on their own.........or is that moles........

I forget, but that seems to be very timely, needed advise around here.

The bottom line is that if Ashley won the race, regardless of both cars performance, it would have been considered a "tank job".

You gotta admit it though, her car has been mighty consistent this year.

My favorite Force dive was against Cruz in '92 when he hit the wall twice during a pedal fest in Dallas while still trying to make it look like he wanted to win!! :) ;):D

You honestly believe if John had cut a good light and not smoked the tires we would be debating this? :confused:

Let's just face the facts. Whenever two Force cars go up against each other and one driver is ahead of the other in points and wins when the other driver smokes the tires or leaves late, someone is going to instantly jump up and shout DIVE DIVE!!!!!

The only time that won't happen is when both cars cross the finish line dead even. Some people love to see something wrong no matter what happens.

Congrats to Ashley. You earned the win. Ignore the folks that just can't believe that you can win without help from your dad.

I would just like to see a Force car that needs a win do so when the team car in the other lane doesn't go up in smoke or be late.

we can all debate till the cows come home, bottom line- congrats to ashely, it wont be her last win for sure, i just hope if she wins again and its against one of her teammates, no matter if its a 4.82 to a 4.83 this diving stuff doesnt come up again. its great for our sport, a woman wins in funny car and is leading the points. please lets put it to bed and look forward to st louie! i hope she wins it all this year! go ashley!

I would just like to see a Force car that needs a win do so when the team car in the other lane doesn't go up in smoke or be late.

The battle between TPed and Force going down to the wire a couple years back when Tony still drove for JFR and the championship was on the line, John won by a couple inches........yeah, that was a real blatant dive:rolleyes:

(Sheeeesh):confused:

REX

Rex, with all due respect, do you honestly believe that during his tenure at JFR, that Tony was never set up to dive for John Force?????

John has been going into tire smoke all year.

His left leg is very weak, don't forget it has only been 7 months since very serious leg injuries.

and this was the first time this year he actually went that many rounds.

So those actual facts suggest a tired leg and a overheated clutch.

People conveniently forget that this is NOT the John of old, going on 60 years of age with injuries that would still have younger lesser men walking with a cane.

Competing at the highest level of motorsports.

I rest my case.

REX
Ok,since you seem to be the most vocal anti conspiracy theorist, tired leg and overheated clutch aside(actually that sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory in itself) explain to me the .170 light.:confused:

Ok,since you seem to be the most vocal anti conspiracy theorist, tired leg and overheated clutch aside(actually that sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory in itself) explain to me the .170 light.:confused:

im sure you cut a great light everytime in your nitro funny car :D

Actually, I consider myself the MOST vocal anti buellsheet theorist.:D

Was John injured (quite severe LEG injuries....I may add,) just 7 months ago?

Has the car been smoking the tires often up to this point?

Was the problem probably traced to the weakness in his left leg, and with attention to that and altering his driving style, able to make clean runs up to the final in Atlanta?

This was the most rounds he has been this year with aforementioned leg?

simple questions,

Give me four yes or no's.

If you want to;)

REX

This entire thread has been nothing more or less than the crystal clear defining of the supporters and the detractors of JFR in general that frequent this board and care to comment. It's a very clear black and white line between them as I see it.

I'll choose to congratulate Ashley for her undisputed place standing atop the points among the best in the world by proving herself week-in and week-out and for having an unbeatable car the entire weekend.

As for John's reactions as this thread was started about in the first place, I suspect he's just as competitive as he used to be any of the other thousands of times he went up in smoke and walked away disappointed. I further suspect John was more disappointed at the appearance his aggressive tune up left him with in the public eye knowing that statements like these past few pages would surely follow.

Either way it's surely a shame we're not hailing Ashley's first win with the same enthusiasm we would've had she not faced off in her superior car against another team's entry as she did the previous three rounds.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back