John reaction to ashley win (1 Viewer)

Well.......I was told in a private message that "everyone" in the pits laughed when John struck the tires.

Of course that person works for a competing team and has always had a axe to grind over Papa John, including some pretty low down innuendo.

I myself cannot hear "everyone laugh" at the same time from anywhere on the grounds, unless I could over the cheers of 40,000 or so fans. Of course no one was cheering because everyone knew that it was a "dive" And if they did cheer they were absolute fools. So I suppose that I have to take their word for it.:cool:

I'm just not that omnipotent I guess:rolleyes:

REX

If any of you don't think that was a dive I got a bunch of land for sale in sweden real cheap.

The whole mic'd up bit, asking if there was any chance of smoking the tires at the hit, and then that moron Paul Page stating after the run that Force did mention some concern about it.

I have no problem with Force letting her get her first win but don't insult us with this made for T.V. drama crap. That ruined what was a very good T.V. show and race. This was by far the best race of the year with close runs and no nitrogate coverage.

You hit it right on the head. Man, I am amazed at some of the people in other threads who have reverted to calling people "idiots" and "morons" who clearly saw the chain of events as you described. These people need to get their heads out of the sand and realize this was all about exposure for Ashley and the NHRA. I dont fault John at all but dont play us as for fools with the scripted post race (confusion) antics.

I think the fix was in from the start. I mean come on, let's re-cap.

Rd 1 Del shuts off, an obvious gimme

Rd 2 Head drives out of the groove, made it look good.

Rd 3 Capps has his worst light of the day and smokes the tires (in the good lane)

Final John smokes um at the bump

It's not the final that looks fishey to me, it's the first and the semis that seem strange. And if it had been John in the other lane on either of those runs you guys would swear they were playing games. Am I right?

John needed the win more than Ashley did, he is down in the points, he is coming off a DQ, he is tryin for 1000 round wins. He wanted it as bad as she did

Ashley's team did a great job all day, they won twice in each lane and they deserved to win. Four clean runs (the belt broke in the second round) and a trophy. They have been to three straight finals, and they won fair and square.

Alan

thank you very much alan! the keyboard crewchiefs/ force haters are going nuts on this one arent they. ashely won fair and square period, are these keyboard crewchiefs calling bernie a liar? we all hear the radio. john was in the bad lane anyways, and ashley had a killer straight clean run, she won, get over it people! ashley has the hottest funny car on the planet right now, and the points lead, congrats to all of team force!

thank you very much alan! the keyboard crewchiefs/ force haters are going nuts on this one arent they. ashely won fair and square period, are these keyboard crewchiefs calling bernie a liar? we all hear the radio. john was in the bad lane anyways, and ashley had a killer straight clean run, she won, get over it people! ashley has the hottest funny car on the planet right now, and the points lead, congrats to all of team force!

And that who is exactly we are talking about and why.

Their hemmoroids gotta' be puckered so tight their heads are about to explode.

Let 'em writhe and wriggle over this. I guess it does hurt.........

Better to "let it go" and feel that sweet release........:D

REX

Certainly there will be speculative opinions on the outcome of the finals. The glass half empty folks will opt for the conspiracy theory, the positive class of people will perceive it as a boost in the sport.

I for one think it was a great show from start to finish. Close racing in all categories and a history setting event either way you judge it.

I for one would have loved to see Ms. Force walk back to her opponent, shake his hand, give him a hug and proceed with her fanfair which is justly deserved.

Just my perspective on things. The young ones in this sport need to pay homage to the pioneers who made it possible for them to be successful so very early in their careers.

Either way, I am glad I got to see it for myself. :)

its not just the force haters , topics like this happen all the time on here , its just entertaintment for me to read what bs gets posted on here . like i said half the people on here who post **** make it entertaining . thinking he just laid down for her is a joke , i hang out with some pretty credible racers etc etc . ive know sportsman racers who were down to last race of the yr and in it for the world (championship) and when it comes time to race friends they arent going to be given anything AND THATS THE WAY REAL RACERS WANT IT . like reinhart and others who race have said many times b4 ( sorry we didnt hook up , nitroplate party at bristol be there , i know u will) RACERS RACE , thats what they do!!!!

John's run looked strangely reminiscent of some of Tony P's "efforts" while part of team Force---and I certainly agree about the miked part before the run--just seemed awful convenient to me--wish they would just have had an honest race--it was a win-win deal--Ashley wins, its big news, John wins and it's his 1000th and big news--with apologies to those who believe otherwise, I was really saddened to see what could have been a really interesting final tainted by a thinly disguised tank job IMHO

The coverage on ESPN's Sportscenter wasn't kind. They suggested a dive...and then giggled. They even joked around with a "sunday, sunday" reference. Nothing looks worse than a scripted drag race. I witnessed a rigged race while announcing a few years ago. The promoter was in the booth with me when I realized what was about to happen. I called him on it (off air), introduced him as the announcer for the final, gave him my mic, and walked away. There's no glory in that kind of racing.

And yes Terry, it looked a lot like Tony P when he was on the team. The person I feel for is Ashley. It would have been nice if her first win was a clean one. She'll always wonder in the back of her mind what really happened. John will always know...

The coverage on ESPN's Sportscenter wasn't kind. They suggested a dive...and then giggled. They even joked around with a "sunday, sunday" reference. Nothing looks worse than a scripted drag race. I witnessed a rigged race while announcing a few years ago. The promoter was in the booth with me when I realized what was about to happen. I called him on it (off air), introduced him as the announcer for the final, gave him my mic, and walked away. There's no glory in that kind of racing.

And yes Terry, it looked a lot like Tony P when he was on the team. The person I feel for is Ashley. It would have been nice if her first win was a clean one. She'll always wonder in the back of her mind what really happened. John will always know...

Uhhhhh......what about her 4.83 w/lane choice?

To make it look better there were many different ways to throw the race.

Other than a .170RT & instant tire smoke........

IMO if it was scripted then 6 (count 'em, 6) other opponents, not to mention qualifying order (so that they met in the final) would have to be scripted also.

So that would stand to reason it would take every F/C team out there, PLUS the NHRA.......to pull this one off.

Well john you have added a new wrinkle to this debate. Something i never thought about. Ashley doesn't know whether her dad threw the race????Hmmm....

If..IF John wanted to throw that race, there are two things that come to mind..

1. Why wouldn't his team just cut the blower belt and he'd lose the belt, it sure would look better, or run a very soft set up? There are many ways they could have set his car up to lose & look better than what really happened!

2. If it was team orders, why would they have Ashley's car set on KILL risking her losing it also smoking the tires, or worse.. they would have set her up to run 4.95 and be safe...

If..IF John wanted to throw that race, there are two things that come to mind..

1. Why wouldn't his team just cut the blower belt and he'd lose the belt, it sure would look better, or run a very soft set up? There are many ways they could have set his car up to lose & look better than what really happened!

2. If it was team orders, why would they have Ashley's car set on KILL risking her losing it also smoking the tires, or worse.. they would have set her up to run 4.95 and be safe...

Once again.......all LOGICAL questions and statements, not driven by emotion or bias.

Indisputable to a discerning mind, yet somehow very difficult for a conspiracist mentality to comprehend.

Oh, wellllllllll..........

REX

Uhhhhh......what about her 4.83 w/lane choice?

To make it look better there were many different ways to throw the race.

Other than a .170RT & instant tire smoke........

IMO if it was scripted then 6 (count 'em, 6) other opponents, not to mention qualifying order (so that they met in the final) would have to be scripted also.

So that would stand to reason it would take every F/C team out there, PLUS the NHRA.......to pull this one off.

All good points Rex. I have not accused John of diving, but it certainly looks like he did, and that's the way it was reported. That's the shame in all of this. It's very unusual for John to strike the tires like that, and after a horrible light. Both of those facts suggest a dive.

All good points Rex. I have not accused John of diving, but it certainly looks like he did, and that's the way it was reported. That's the shame in all of this. It's very unusual for John to strike the tires like that, and after a horrible light. Both of those facts suggest a dive.

Why does this suggest a dive when in every other race where this occurs nobody says anything??????? There were examples of this happening all the time and yet it seems to be important to some to jump up and shout. "it's a dive" all the while feeling really proud that they are discounting the fact that just maybe she won it on her own without help from her father or his team.

The reason it looks like a dive is because that is the way you want to see it. Man up and accept that fact because that is the way it is....

John has been going into tire smoke all year.

His left leg is very weak, don't forget it has only been 7 months since very serious leg injuries.

and this was the first time this year he actually went that many rounds.

So those actual facts suggest a tired leg and a overheated clutch.

People conveniently forget that this is NOT the John of old, going on 60 years of age with injuries that would still have younger lesser men walking with a cane.

Competing at the highest level of motorsports.

I rest my case.

REX

I am not saying it was a dive but her car was not "set on kill" in the final. Ashley ran a 4.83 in the final. John was running those all day long, a 4.82 and a couple 4.84's in certainly worse track conditions earlier in the day than in the final round. If you set a car on kill, won't it overpower the track and smoke the tires?

I am not saying it was a dive but her car was not "set on kill" in the final. Ashley ran a 4.83 in the final. John was running those all day long, a 4.82 and a couple 4.84's in certainly worse track conditions earlier in the day than in the final round. If you set a car on kill, won't it overpower the track and smoke the tires?

In a word, no. Why would it?

Since the .83 was only a hundreth off of low ET of elims, I would say the car was set up very aggressive.

Guido was there to win or go home a loser.

Simple.

REX

It would have been nice if her first win was a clean one. She'll always wonder in the back of her mind what really happened. John will always know...

So, which is it? In one post you say her win isn't "clean" and in the next you say you're not accusing John of diving.

If it's not clean, it must be a dive. Do you personally think it was or wasn't a dive?

hhhmmm.. John lit 'em up about 150 ft out. Where were all the fuel cars in the left lane striking the hides in the first round? Where were quite a few funny cars boiling them in the left lane? Where was the transition between the new concrete and the old concrete? Where did Angie nearly come off the bike?

Back to the original topic... Dive? Who cares.....

WHO CARES?!!! Everyone in their right mind cares. Who wants to watch a fixed race? If I wanted that I would watch a stick and ball sport.

I don't know what to believe about that race. But I'm sure John wanted a race-to-the-finish line dual and not go into smoke 100' off the line. I think that's what he is mad about. But Ashley did have a good, consistent car.

Just too bad that John's 1000th win had to come at his 500th race, in the final round, against his daughter, with her possible first win. You couldn't have scripted it any better. What are the odds that all those factors would have come together at on place on the same day?

I think the fix was in from the start. I mean come on, let's re-cap.

Rd 1 Del shuts off, an obvious gimme

Rd 2 Head drives out of the groove, made it look good.

Rd 3 Capps has his worst light of the day and smokes the tires (in the good lane)

Final John smokes um at the bump

It's not the final that looks fishey to me, it's the first and the semis that seem strange. And if it had been John in the other lane on either of those runs you guys would swear they were playing games. Am I right?

John needed the win more than Ashley did, he is down in the points, he is coming off a DQ, he is tryin for 1000 round wins. He wanted it as bad as she did

Ashley's team did a great job all day, they won twice in each lane and they deserved to win. Four clean runs (the belt broke in the second round) and a trophy. They have been to three straight finals, and they won fair and square.

Alan

I agree 100%, the only way most of these people would give her and her team credit is if she would have won on a hole shot against someone on another big team. And even then some wouldn't.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back