Jim O Interview (1 Viewer)

This is good to hear, I was concerned after I read Jim O's interview that nothing had been done. How does it rate with the top end at Indy, Concord, or Pomona? I am glad they have done something.

I didn't get a close look. It's only a 13sec car so I took the earlier turn off. :eek: All I could see was the giant netting they put at the top end. I thought about walking down there for a closer look... but it was too soon for me.

Maybe some of the other northeasterners have some pics?

Nice interview...but on the gut shot towards Tony S years ago regarding AJ...Tony S won a championship w/ Olsen tuning.
Guess Tony S's father knows who to hire for top shelf results..IMO

Last edited:
I agree Connie has put a ton of money into the sport but he hasn't been doing it for a full 50 years. I remember when he was on a hiatus doing his own thing (building his business) for many years then would pop in and pop out of the sport.
This is not meant to discredit all he has done but just fact. ;)

My Dad knew Connie before he had a Michigan drivers license, when he was 15 years old, working Saturdays at his father's propane/bottled gas business in what was then Chesterfield Township.
Umpteen years later, just this past July in Denver, they shook hands and chatted for a little bit as they have over the many years each time we go to a race.

After consoling him about the death of his son, my Dad asked him, "When are you gonna stop doing this, and take some time to relax like the rest of us old farts?"
His answer was something like, It's still fun. I still enjoy it, I've got the people around me who I want around me.... so as long as I wake up in the morning and the good Lord let's me, I'll be out here, because this is what I enjoy.

Bob you're right, I believed he was even banned at one time by the NHRA (am I right on this?) but for 50 years, he hasn't missed too many races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back