Jim O Interview (1 Viewer)

Great interview, Bobby. You forgot to ask him why he didn't get scalped in the WSID pits like he did after winning the Kansas race ! :D Strong statements from Jim.... He's been with Connie's family for a long, long time and I know Connie loves him like a son.
I wish Jeff & his crew the best of luck. Sounds like a few wins in the yeller' car will open up some options for Doug's dragster.

"We are not a necessity for anybody. Your average family doesn’t have to go to a drag race. People are cutting back everywhere. "

Those three sentences alone speak volumes. ;) I admire the guy's sack to speak as strongly as he did about that, and all the other issues.

Sean D

That was a great interview. And he's right about so many things. I truly believe Connie has spent more out of his own pocket than anyone in the sport, and that's saying a lot, because guys like Amato, Head, Ken Black, and more, have all spent a bunch of their own money. But Connie has been doing this 50 years! And for tha past couple of decades with more than one car. There's no way anyone can question his passion for the sport. But geez, the guy's 71, even under the best of economic circumstances he can't be expected to be an anchor for the sport forever. With everything he's been through, I just would love to see him enjoy '09, have some fun and win some races. I myself am looking forward to getting a Kalitta Racing 50th anniversary T-shirt!

you go Jim O!!

i have been a huge Jim O fan ever since he did an interview on ESPN a couple years ago and said that Tony Shoe should be on his knees every night kissing his fathers @ss for getting him AJ cause AJ is the man not Tony......go O bros

you go Jim O!!

i have been a huge Jim O fan ever since he did an interview on ESPN a couple years ago and said that Tony Shoe should be on his knees every night kissing his fathers @ss for getting him AJ cause AJ is the man not Tony......go O bros

Me too!! Also, when asked Who decides the last call on the final tune up for the car if there is a disagreement- (slight pause) "Well....Connie signs the front of the check....and I sign the back of it..." Priceless.

you go Jim O!!

Ah yes, the ole' "Verbal Diarrhea" interview! I still crack up at that! :D

Loved it! Like I told Susie, Jim managed to call a spade a spade without calling it a f***ing shovel! Hope NHRA is listening a little bit. Miss Q, ya brotha done good theah.:D

"Some people out there take Connie for granted and just assume he will always run a car."

I guess I am one of these people. I have been attending races forever, and I just always assumed that when I show up at a race that Connie, Bernstein, Snake, Force, WJ and several others are going to be there. I will make it a point in '09 to thank these folks for their longtime and continued involvement.

Good interview all the way around Jim O.

"Some people out there take Connie for granted and just assume he will always run a car."

I guess I am one of these people. I have been attending races forever, and I just always assumed that when I show up at a race that Connie, Bernstein, Snake, Force, WJ and several others are going to be there. I will make it a point in '09 to thank these folks for their longtime and continued involvement.

Good interview all the way around Jim O.
Well said Chris. I think we are all guilty of taking our sport's mainstays presence at all events for granted...maybe we can quit arguing over 1000 ft racing and just be glad that there hopefully will still be enough teams out there willing to spend all that time money, and efforts to give us something to watch and talk about here.

Good article. I wonder if Englishtown has done anything to improve the top end in preparation for this year?

you go Jim O!!

I often wondered had that comment been directed toward's Austin Coil and John Force, would the reaction have been the same?:rolleyes:

I often wondered had that comment been directed toward's Austin Coil and John Force, would the reaction have been the same?:rolleyes:

well if John comes out and accuses another team that has always raced heads up of diving like Tony Shoe did of the Kalittas then yes my reaction would be the same

Nice interview! Refreshing to see someone not worried about oh no what if don't say the P.C. thing. Jim O thanks for your honesty!

Amazing interview. Really bummed about the sponsorship situation. I hope they can find something to get Doug, Hillary and David out there.

Good article. I wonder if Englishtown has done anything to improve the top end in preparation for this year?
They have made changes. For one, there's a huge, like 2 stories huge, catch net that went up in July. I saw it was I was running my street car there. I should've taken some pictures. I would really like to see what the teams think of the new set up. It doesn't sound like they have seen it yet?

Amazing interview. Really bummed about the sponsorship situation. I hope they can find something to get Doug, Hillary and David out there.

They have made changes. For one, there's a huge, like 2 stories huge, catch net that went up in July. I saw it was I was running my street car there. I should've taken some pictures. I would really like to see what the teams think of the new set up. It doesn't sound like they have seen it yet?

This is good to hear, I was concerned after I read Jim O's interview that nothing had been done. How does it rate with the top end at Indy, Concord, or Pomona? I am glad they have done something.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back