Scelzi's New Look (1 Viewer)

10. Q. Truthfully, how do you feel about the new Countdown to the Championship?

A. I like it. The part I don't like, and it really bothers me, is when it comes down to four people for two races. To me that's not going to judge a true champion. I think that if we got the countdown to eight at Indy then those eight should be in it until Pomona (final event). You could have the best car all year long, be dominant, then you come down to those two races and you have one little air line break or something stupid happen like happened to Robert (Hight) this last year - the blower drive teeth broke - and you're done. To me it's not going to reflect the champion.

But I also think it's great. I praise NHRA for making a bold move like that, but I don't think they thought it through to have it come down to two races for four people. I think you don't have any room for error, and I don't believe it's going to crown the true champion.

Some good words...

I like it alot! Looks great!
Registered member said:
A. I like it. The part I don't like, and it really bothers me, is when it comes down to four people for two races. To me that's not going to judge a true champion. I think that if we got the countdown to eight at Indy then those eight should be in it until Pomona (final event). You could have the best car all year long, be dominant, then you come down to those two races and you have one little air line break or something stupid happen like happened to Robert (Hight) this last year - the blower drive teeth broke - and you're done. To me it's not going to reflect the champion.

But I also think it's great. I praise NHRA for making a bold move like that, but I don't think they thought it through to have it come down to two races for four people. I think you don't have any room for error, and I don't believe it's going to crown the true champion.
Me thinks Gary, like everyone else, hates it.

I like it alot! Looks great!

Me thinks Gary, like everyone else, hates it.

I agree it doesn't look that much different than last years paint job!
I bet that Dave Marek can come up with something awesome!
Mr. Jannard if you get a chance commission Dave to design a few paint schemes, I promise you won't be disapointed! ;)

That paint job reminds me of a friend from college. He did something very similar with his Trans Am. Come to think of it, he works for Schumacher Racing! lol, He's on the Pro Stock Bike team. I wonder if he had anything to do with this scheme? :)

my favorite 'O' body had mad scientist up front, then back half
was blue - from firebird body era.

i'm sorry i guess i am the only one that doesn't like the puzzle stuff... i think they could have done better.... i've seen that done before .. and its just not that great...

Sorry..

Billy

Yeah, Cannon's last Stude paint job has puzzle on the front of it.

I like it though, they are trying, and thats worth something to me. :D

I kinda like the fact that it's corporate sponsorship (Oakley) without being corporate looking. Maybe not 100% original, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back