hospitality areas (1 Viewer)

rjs

Nitro Member
Can someone answer a couple questions re:the hospitality areas in the Pro pits at National events. Do they occupy the same approx. area as alotted for a normal transporter and work area? Are they available to all teams who can afford the price.....which is? Are they available on a race by race basis or are teams required to commit for a prescribed number of events, or?
Are TAD and TAFC racers able to secure comparable hospitality space in their pit area? Thanks. rjs

Don't know about availability, but the top 10 teams take up as much space as THE whole bunch of PRO's used to use.:rolleyes:

I was told the teams aren't charged for the Team spots, only the Hospitality spots. That David Power's deal takes up about 6 spots(Guess) so they spend some $$$ on that deal!

I know the Iron Eagle Club set-up looks big Joe but no, not six spots, only two. NHRA allows 1 spot per car entry. Hot Rod + Baze = 2 spots.

I dont believe it is allowed for the tac a tad

Just noticed you are from Steel Town. I spent my feather merchant years living just up the road (Etiwanda) from Fontana Raceway and honed my stealth techniques slipping across the flood channel, into the grape vineyards then under the barbed wire into the pits with the rest of the hooligans.
I came across a picture not too long ago that I took of Tony Nancy at the track when he debuted the 22 Jr. roadster.....what a beauty it was.
Lots of great memories there.....by today's standards it wouldn't be much of a track.....but for a 12 year old kid with never the price of admission....it was heaven on earth......and man did I get to see some stuff happen!! rjs

Can someone answer a couple questions re:the hospitality areas in the Pro pits at National events. Do they occupy the same approx. area as alotted for a normal transporter and work area? Are they available to all teams who can afford the price.....which is? Are they available on a race by race basis or are teams required to commit for a prescribed number of events, or?
Are TAD and TAFC racers able to secure comparable hospitality space in their pit area? Thanks. rjs

Each Pro Nitro team is allowed up to one hospitality space per event. It is the same size as the transporter space, which is 25X80.

The cost is $2000 per event, unless you commit to the whole season, then it is $1500.

In addition, if you are going to provide food & beverage to people other than your credentialed team members, you also have to pay a $750 fee per event to the caterer for lost revenue. Otherwise, you can have them do your catering at their outrageous prices for what is usually sub-standard food...

The hospitality program is only open to the Top Fuel and Nitro Funny Car teams...Not the alchohol classes, P/S or P/S bike, either....

Hope that helps....

Each Pro Nitro team is allowed up to one hospitality space per event. It is the same size as the transporter space, which is 25X80.

The cost is $2000 per event, unless you commit to the whole season, then it is $1500.

In addition, if you are going to provide food & beverage to people other than your credentialed team members, you also have to pay a $750 fee per event to the caterer for lost revenue. Otherwise, you can have them do your catering at their outrageous prices for what is usually sub-standard food...

The hospitality program is only open to the Top Fuel and Nitro Funny Car teams...Not the alchohol classes, P/S or P/S bike, either....

Hope that helps....

Thank you for the insight, it does indeed help. If you happen to also know.....the so-called lost revenue fee.... is it a flat fee per event irrerespective of how many people you feed over the course of the event? To your knowledge are there any restrictions placed on the number of people that can be hosted...per meal, per day...? Where would I find the specifics posted or published? Thank you again. rjs

Hope that helps....

I did see at Sonoma that Max Naylor and Kenny Koretsky/Bill Windham had some hospitality areas set up, little confused here.

I did see at Sonoma that Max Naylor and Kenny Koretsky/Bill Windham had some hospitality areas set up, little confused here.

My understanding is that most facilities have a limited number of extra spaces available, and when that happens, the priority is first the Nitro teams that have committed for the season, and then if there are additional spaces left, then its based on availability...

And no...to my knowledge there is no limit to how many meals you can serve if you pay the buyout, and yes, it is a flat fee...

I think I would be paying the "buyout" price!!! I don't think I have ever had anything that you could actually say "yum, that was good"!!!

There is usually some extremely generous person cooking for the Kalitta team at most of the races. I LOOOOVE the lobster guy! He rocks! Also, Don & Terri from Houston are always so sweet to the team. They can cook up some awesome vittles! :D

It may be a good idea to recruit some good cooks for the sake of your stomach!:D

Suzie....yes, I agree...Kalitta hospitality is the best group and I have been to em all...
Real people w/out the egos....

I know the Iron Eagle Club set-up looks big Joe but no, not six spots, only two. NHRA allows 1 spot per car entry. Hot Rod + Baze = 2 spots.

Dale, how in the World does the Power's Hos. pits amount to only 2 spots? I bet you could fit 5 Rigs under that thing.

Yeah, AC & Suzy sure put out the RED carpet for Mac Tools guests don't they? Even last year, with Ellen Cobb, and even Maureen before her.... the Kalitta program always seems to bring on just stellar people to work the hospitality programs. And with WaterbedFred over in the Zantrex-3 pit.... what else needs to be said about him???? It's literally like you're stepping into thier personal living rooms the way you're treated.

My question is, do the track operators see any of that money? It certanly adds another level of logistics to deal with.....I mean, just imagine how much cubed ice all those hosp. areas go through in a weekend.... when it's 100 degrees.

I got to see Mo at the Dallas race and she looked great! Larry looked great too. I am glad he is feeling better

I know I probably used a bag of ice on myself!!! It was friggin' hot out there!

I know at Houston this year it sure seemed alot bigger than 2 spots.

It seems that way because the hospitality trailer is perpendicular to the transporters...If you take the tractor off, the hospitality trailer is 53', so you now have a huge 53'X80 hospitality area...You can feed 350 in there...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back