hospitality areas (1 Viewer)

Just noticed you are from Steel Town. I spent my feather merchant years living just up the road (Etiwanda) from Fontana Raceway and honed my stealth techniques slipping across the flood channel, into the grape vineyards then under the barbed wire into the pits with the rest of the hooligans.
I came across a picture not too long ago that I took of Tony Nancy at the track when he debuted the 22 Jr. roadster.....what a beauty it was.
Lots of great memories there.....by today's standards it wouldn't be much of a track.....but for a 12 year old kid with never the price of admission....it was heaven on earth......and man did I get to see some stuff happen!! rjs

My husband used to go to that track and there is a lady that I work with that was there the day Les Ritchey was killed. He was a friend of hers and she had been racing stock Elim at the time. Quit after that day. I believe I was hanging out at Lebonon Valley at that time, didnt move out here until 1979. I did however work one summer at the new dragstrip at california speedway doing the street legals. You wouldnt believe fontana now. I actually live on a golf course. Imagine that a golf course in Fontucky.

for what its worth, our team (Jagermeister) has had hospitality for the last two years so i dont know if the comment about just TF and FC is totally correct. The pricing seems to be correct and the positives of having it far out weigh the negatives(cost)

for what its worth, our team (Jagermeister) has had hospitality for the last two years so i dont know if the comment about just TF and FC is totally correct. The pricing seems to be correct and the positives of having it far out weigh the negatives(cost)

I thought when I read it that the response re: TF & FC might have been in error, as I was fairly certain that Jagermeister had a hospitality area at Dallas?

Can you tell me what, if any, restrictions are placed on the use of the area? In other words, you could host people all day long if you chose to, correct? Feed as many people as you were willing and able to? Use the area for whatever you determined constituted 'hospitality'..........fair statement?

Thanks for the earlier response too........ rjs

like i mentioned, we've had hospitality for every race the last two seasons. I know there is a max(pardo the pun) amount of people we are allowed to have.
We have used catering and we have cooked ourselves. It is a must if your sponsor does any kind of entertaining/ reward program. I dont handle this side of the business but the only reason i chimed in is because of the TF and FC only comment. Now sponsorship and marketing is another story, lol

Thanks again for the response...It's probably time to contact NHRA and find out just what the specifics are....and the limitations. Thank you again. rjs

You have to go waaaaay back in the weeds to see some REAL hospitality areas! Kinda like the Zoo at BIR, Some sportsman guys set up little communes out there

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back