Help with printer (1 Viewer)

Big John

Nitro Member
I have a Brother MFC 429 CN that thinks its out of ink. It still has some cyan but it says its out and will not let me print. I replaced it but it still dose not work. Thanks

Try the simple thing first. After each step try and print.

Turn off the printer then turn it back on.

Turn off the printer, shut down the computer. Turn the computer back on. After it has booted back up turn on the printer.

Unplug the printer for a few min then pucg it back in.

Uninstall the printer from you system. Shut down the printer. Reboot the system to make sure it is not still on you system. Then follow the printer's instructions for installing the printer.

Other might have some ideas if those don't work.

Try the simple thing first. After each step try and print.

Turn off the printer then turn it back on.

Turn off the printer, shut down the computer. Turn the computer back on. After it has booted back up turn on the printer.

Unplug the printer for a few min then pucg it back in.

Uninstall the printer from you system. Shut down the printer. Reboot the system to make sure it is not still on you system. Then follow the printer's instructions for installing the printer.

Other might have some ideas if those don't work.

Thanks for the help but it did not help.

If the printer has an LCD panel on it and it says to replace the cartridge even when it's brand new and won't let you print, that means the ink cartridge is bad or the printer needs to be serviced. And printers are usually not work fixing.

If it needs to be fixed, just get a new one. I would recommend either HP or Canon. I would avoid Epson printers because once the heads clog you're SOL (they're not replaceable) and Lexmark/Dell printers blow through ink like crazy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back