Printer help anyone? (1 Viewer)

merc49

Nitro Member
I have a nice little Canon i455. It's been great for everything I do, and I'd say it's 4 to 6 years old. Tonight I was printing direction to a friends house from an email, and nothing printed but the color. I have 2 brand new black ink tanks, one a Staples brand, and the other a Canon. Both of them are much heavier than the tank that ran out. Anyway, all that prints now is the color tank, the black ink is no go. I have done all the troubleshooting in the printer help page, including trying to print from a command prompt. Still, all that prints is color. Thoughts anyone?

recheck the cartridges make sure they are fully snapped in

also check the muffler bearings:D

can yuou go into your printer settings, see if they are messed up such as printing in color only? try shutting clor off and printing something see what happens

The best way is to try and print a piece of black text. If it doesn't come out, try cleaning the heads. If that doesn't work, time to replace the printheads. They're removable but at their cost it's best to just buy a new printer.

Start/Run type in notepad..hit ok

Type a few letters and go to File/Print

If the black is working..it'll print it.

I have a cannon C555, Regardless if the tanks are full sometimes the thing that holds the tanks needs to be replaced. The cartridge itself

basically you just wanted to go buy one and needed us to give you thing to test so they wife would go along with it.....well played:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back