Hello everyone (1 Viewer)

toniwithaneye

Nitro Member
It occurred to me that I better post something or the banner inviting me to post would not go away.

California racing genes. Central valley, Bakersfield & Fresno, my dad was a sometime announcer at the old Lions Drag Strip. The announcing booth stretched across the staging lanes and those were some of the best seats in the house.

I love drag racing because it reminds me of all the good things about being a kid. Getting up at 3am and having breakfast while it was still dark and being bundled up in the back of the station wagon; towing the race car to whatever track we were off to that weekend.

I love drag racing because it reminds me of hot summer nights at Valley Muffler in Fresno, playing with the other kids while our moms talked and our dads worked on getting the car ready for the next meet.

I love drag racing because it reminds me of all the wonderful sounds and sights you'd only have at the track; duct taping a blanket in the stands, the poorly recorded national anthem playing over crappy P.A. speakers, lighting the first pair, the tiny bits of burned rubber in my hair, the big plank of wood on the front of the station wagon, being frightened by the fire masks that drivers wore, Styrofoam ice coolers littering the stands, the return lanes and pre-staging, and wistfully dreaming of becoming trophy girl some day.

How can anyone NOT love this sport????

mmmm love those racing memories.

Welcome to the mater

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back