Jasmine Salinas' crash (1 Viewer)

mgty3whlr

Nitro Member
Kinda reminds me of Brandon Bernstein's crash at Englishtown where he hopped over the concrete wall at half track. In New Jersey, The State Police are involved in the investigation which I think is a little bit overkill because they have no clue or education on professional race cars!

That was a bad one. Not sure why she got back in it after the initial wheelie, but when it came up again there was no saving it. Reports are that she got our of the car under own power. Hope she's okay.

Waiting in the stands now as two pro mod cars crashed into each other. Thankfully both are Ok and walking around.

Wow.... Glad the drivers are OK. Jasmine was lucky she ended up in the grass. I think it cushioned the car when it stopped.

BTW, years ago, F/C racer named Bob Gottschalk (sp?) caught on fire, went over the guard rail where Jasmine ended up, and burned down part of the woods.

Here is Bob's crash. Didn't go over the guard rail, cuz there wasn't any. Also a Pro Stock crash, just for good measure.

Just my opinion here, first glad she is ok. I know racing is dangerous and all but I think the daughters should probably look at other "hobbies".
Both have had serious accidents. This is a case where they have the money to race at this level but not the experience/talent. Go back down in class and get some more seat time. My .02.
I have always said sometimes being good at what you do is knowing when you shouldn't do it.

Just my opinion here, first glad she is ok. I know racing is dangerous and all but I think the daughters should probably look at other "hobbies".
Both have had serious accidents. This is a case where they have the money to race at this level but not the experience/talent. Go back down in class and get some more seat time. My .02.
I have always said sometimes being good at what you do is knowing when you shouldn't do it.
Hang on a minute, she has been driving for over a year, yes she got back in the throttle for her own reason but that car went up an flew in heart beet. it happened so fast and unless YOU have made 1000s of runs in the same type of car or faster like I have I don't think your comment about her is justified.

PS: the daughter riding the pro stock bike went into a wobble an pitched her off she lost it. an got back on the horse again that takes BALLS. LOL

Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and racer (RET)

Last edited:
People said Brandon Bernstein and Ashley Force after their wrecks during their rookie seasons were in over their heads and they ended up just fine.

Yes I have to over half track less a wheely bar but it went up slow. How many runs have you made in one?
Larry Sutton
I know that was not nice of me to question your racing background. We all loved what we have done just joking have fun an be safe.
Larry sutton--- lions starter

After Mike Salinas made a qualifying run not long after the wreck, Amanda Busick interviewed him on the top end. I know people say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but she asked Mike how he felt watching his daughter go through that wreck. I hoped he was going to respond, "Just how the heck do you think I felt?"
I'm glad his daughter is OK.
It's fortunate the car went over the left guard wall. Had it gone over the right wall, it scares me to think what kind of additional destruction would have taken place.

Can you do better?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back