OF CLOWNS AND FAILED HUMOR, J.R. TODD RIPS INTO ALEX LAUGHLIN (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member

Surprised this wasn’t mention already in the “Love the sportsmanship“ thread. It all just reminds me too much of the fake Harley/White Alligator drama way back when. I heard the top end interview and was confused at his displeasure with Laughlin. How about we just teach them to fake fight. I like JR but IF, big “IF”, he really is bothered by something so silly, he needs to get a sense of humor.

I think this goes beyond what was posted on social media this weekend. This goes back to at least the Vegas 4 Wide. After the Top Fuel staging drama, Laughlin added his two cents on social media that caused Langdon to rip him a new one. Around that same time, Laughlin was interacting with fans and had something to say about JR as well. Believe he called him rude or something. I think this weekend just ended up being the card that broke the house deck.

Either way, bring on a rivalry. 🍿

This makes the sport interesting. The Millican/Herbert incident, the Enders/Tanner Gray incident at the top end, the Torrence face push and of course the legendary John Force/Tony Pedregon incident. These guys are heated for battle. Don't even get me started on WJ. LOL

Felt a bit forced on Laughlin’s behalf. Obviously he was having a bit of fun and trying to make a headline (he’s great at marketing after all, look at his deals) but his target wasn’t going to play so it kinda flopped.

What about Tony Pedregon and Capps? That's not going to go away anytime soon.
All along I thought that TP was in the booth to call the race, not to give his opinion of a driver. Don't understand why he felt obliged to take a shot at someone that wasn't present. Seemed to come out of left field.

All along I thought that TP was in the booth to call the race, not to give his opinion of a driver. Don't understand why he felt obliged to take a shot at someone that wasn't present. Seemed to come out of left field.
I missed it. What was said?

The Force/C. Pedregon thing was mostly staged. There might have been a nugget of rivalry there, but watch it again - it’s pretty funny.

Glidden and WJ. Hmm. neither were my favorites, but WJ seems like a really true jerk. Both were innovators that won their share of races. Meh.

Glidden and WJ. Hmm. neither were my favorites, but WJ seems like a really true jerk. Both were innovators that won their share of races. Meh.
At least there Wives could talk to each other.
Look how things went for Greg Anderson and WJ. LOL I remember Greg saying that he could've still been with WJ
if he was treated differently.

The Force/C. Pedregon thing was mostly staged. There might have been a nugget of rivalry there, but watch it again - it’s pretty funny.
Most of it is staged. At this point, when you watch the interviews in the top end, they are all playing characters.

Todd is big whiny ass brat. Can't stand him.
Maybe Todd doesn't like him because of the Laughlin/Gray fracas a few years back. Or maybe there's something else. But to make a comment like that because Laughlin said he was driving a FedEx car is awfully petty. In fact the whole affair is petty. Show me some fists flying in the pits NASCAR style and then you'll have my attention... LOL

I don't have any particular reason to not like Todd - I'm aware he earned his stripes the hard way and wasn't just handed the keys to the castle. I just never warmed up to him for some reason and it's nothing to do with race of course. Antron Brown is one of the most beloved competitors in all of drag racing.

TP commented that Capps is a stickler for proper etiquette, then said (paraphrasing) that there is no etiquette in a drag race. You do whatever you have to do to beat the guy in the other lane.
Ok. Thanks. Shame on Capps, lol. Maybe he could win once in a while if he would stop being a stickler 😉

TP commented that Capps is a stickler for proper etiquette, then said (paraphrasing) that there is no etiquette in a drag race. You do whatever you have to do to beat the guy in the other lane.
Capps also threw a shot in his top end interview which led to TP chirping multiple times on the broadcast.

Maybe Todd doesn't like him because of the Laughlin/Gray fracas a few years back. Or maybe there's something else. But to make a comment like that because Laughlin said he was driving a FedEx car is awfully petty. In fact the whole affair is petty. Show me some fists flying in the pits NASCAR style and then you'll have my attention... LOL

I don't have any particular reason to not like Todd - I'm aware he earned his stripes the hard way and wasn't just handed the keys to the castle. I just never warmed up to him for some reason and it's nothing to do with race of course. Antron Brown is one of the most beloved competitors in all of drag racing.
This goes beyond the FedEx comment. This goes back a few months.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back