Hang in here Ashley. (1 Viewer)

Enjoy dinner... And don't be too hard on her :D I'm putting big vBucks on her for G'ville!

Well, she's going to win a race this year, so we'll get to see if she cries when she wins, or hoops and hollers like I did when I won my first Wally.

I find it amusing that nowhere in this thread has anyone mentioned the cone bowling incident in the final round of Funny Car at Pomona this year... As I recall, some guy named Hight took out some cones in a losing effort to Gary Scelzi - another great driver who's taken out cones in the past. Oh, and then there's Whit Bazemore who's also done it before. And let's not forget seemingly 1/2 of the alcohol funny car class throughout eliminations in Pomona this year... Bottom line, it happens. As unfortunate and unsafe as it is, it happens to most everyone piloting a fuel car at one point or another.

Exactly! Not trying to put anyone down, but look at Cruz over the last couple years. Again, just trying to keep it real and not bash anyone, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find any driver that has taken out more cones or had more near misses with the centerline than him.

Am I kissing Ashley's ass? No. I'm merely pointing out that it's not that uncommon - regardless of who the driver is. Cut her a little slack.

Male racefans being accused of Kissing a Female racers Assets? What a Bunch of Perverts we all are! :p

Last edited:
Anyone hear how yesterday went? I did notice over at compplus that alot of the sunday topend shots by MAR showed a bunch of Crossed Up Floppers at about 600-700 feet... Including Wildthing

And it's not like Tony P wasn't NEXT to TJ at Pomona.... Ain't this why the blocks are foam and reflectors now instead of real lights like back in "The Dark Ages"?:D

Hmmm... 3 pages about Ashley crossing the centerline in elims and not so much as a single post about Capps doing it in qualifying.

Hmmm... 3 pages about Ashley crossing the centerline in elims and not so much as a single post about Capps doing it in qualifying.

I'll drink to that... gee. guess it's Ron been drivin' floppers fer years and Ashley's a rookie...

as many crossed up, outta shape floppers this year... I'm surprised we haven't had a Cajan happen yet...

Ashley's done great as a rookie... but like Ace said 20 plus years ago... sometimes the car gets away from you, before you even know it's happening... and that was at the front end of the track, not the back half...

I was thinking the same thing. It sure looked to me like Capps stayed in it alot longer than Ashley did. Did anyone else see header flames from Capps car all the way into the other lane?

Sure it will replay tonight... but don't think he clicked it until he was over center... but he did say it just moved... but let's be honest here... 3 seconds into a run, going about 250 and the car does weird stuff... ain't a human alive that could catch that...:eek:

Sure it will replay tonight... but don't think he clicked it until he was over center... but he did say it just moved... but let's be honest here... 3 seconds into a run, going about 250 and the car does weird stuff... ain't a human alive that could catch that...:eek:

I agree 100% with you. But... I seem to remember Ashley taking a pounding here for lifting too late.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back