Hang in here Ashley. (1 Viewer)

I have no problem with someone showing real emotion. I actually like it and tend to root for those poeple more often. Now I don't want to see someone get po'd after every race or cry every time but some true honest emotion is fine. hell if I'm ever lucky enough to win a wally you can bet I'll be a blubbering idiot.
Often we complain that people are corporate robots in their interviews yet when someone does show emotion they get ripped on.

Yes she goofed up on the track, she'll learn from it and move on.

I believe she apologized for being emotional, It probably scared the hell out of her. I dont remember if you guys were as hard on Ms. Will last year when she almost took out another car alot closer than this. I'm not saying anything because I dont believe I could have done any better. She will be just fine.

I believe she apologized for being emotional, It probably scared the hell out of her. I dont remember if you guys were as hard on Ms. Will last year when she almost took out another car alot closer than this. I'm not saying anything because I dont believe I could have done any better. She will be just fine.

If I remember correctly, there was quite a bit of questioning Ms. Will's ability to drive the car. I hope we are past that now. I think Hillary is becoming a fine driver. But if I remember correctly the criticism of Ms. Will after her incident was quite a bit more scathing than what I am seeing here for Ms. Force. What do the rest of you remember? It's just my opinion.

Terry you were right, people were tearing H.Will apart. I would love for her and Ash to win the same race, that would be awesome. Hillary seems to always have a decent mid pack consistent car but she just doesnt seem to ever have luck go her way.

Thanks guys I couldn't remember what people said, First thing to go is the mind. Now that you guys brought it up I do remember the heat she took. IT can happen to anyone !!!

I missed the First round, did Ashley just go cone bowling? I thought maybe she almost hit somebody the way this thread started out.

Thanks guys I couldn't remember what people said, First thing to go is the mind. Now that you guys brought it up I do remember the heat she took. IT can happen to anyone !!!
No apology necessary Kelly! I'm just glad I remembered something correct for a change. Justin is right--it got rather savage here on the H. Will incident, including, if I remember correctly a rumor that her comp. license had been suspended following the incident, which later was proven to be false. Got ugly for a while there.

Jim Head needing or even wanting a sponsor... Now that is funny right there... :D

If anyone at all has watch's DF, Ashley is a very emotional person... Some may argue that, there is no crying in baseball B.S. all you want...

Drag Racing is a VERY emotional sport, bottled up into less than five seconds... REAL emotion is what makes fans and if you think that it doesn't, check out the fans reaction when a golfer misses a putt... Everyone is pulling for him or her, and as one they ooohhhh or cheer in unison...

I would much rather see Ashley sob because she knew she got in over her head on THAT run, and admit that she FD up, and will learn from it... I also know the conceqences of having another car in the opposite lane at that speed...
That is why she was so emotional...
How many drivers have said that they could not see a thing until 600-800 feet of the run?? I know more then a few... I like seeing emotion, if you don't think she is going to be a mess after her first Walter, you are crazy...

Keep up the good work Ashley, 99% of us are riding with you Sweetie...;) Call me...:)

Jim Head needing or even wanting a sponsor... Now that is funny right there... :D

If anyone at all has watch's DF, Ashley is a very emotional person... Some may argue that, there is no crying in baseball B.S. all you want...

Drag Racing is a VERY emotional sport, bottled up into less than five seconds... REAL emotion is what makes fans and if you think that it doesn't, check out the fans reaction when a golfer misses a putt... Everyone is pulling for him or her, and as one they ooohhhh or cheer in unison...

I would much rather see Ashley sob because she knew she got in over her head on THAT run, and admit that she FD up, and will learn from it... I also know the conceqences of having another car in the opposite lane at that speed...
That is why she was so emotional...
How many drivers have said that they could not see a thing until 600-800 feet of the run?? I know more then a few... I like seeing emotion, if you don't think she is going to be a mess after her first Walter, you are crazy...

Keep up the good work Ashley, 99% of us are riding with you Sweetie...;) Call me...:)
Aw, gee, Ray, there you go again with a sensitive, logical well-thought out answer. Cut that out--you are making it tough for the rest of us to sound worth reading! Seriously, great post. I'm not a huge Force racing fan, nor a big H. Will fan, but I do think they both have a great deal of talent so let's give them time!

I missed the First round, did Ashley just go cone bowling? I thought maybe she almost hit somebody the way this thread started out.

She did go cone bowling but it looks like she stayed in it too long and ended up pretty far into the other lane. Fortunately Gilby had smoked the tires so was not next to her. I just think it was a rookie mistake made by a rookie and it REALLY caught her attention. She learned a valuable and fortunate lesson!!

I'll start by saying that regretably I was at 37,000 feet for most of the day yesterday and didn't get to see any coverage of the race. It's DVR'd, so I'll see it soon.

That said I agree with PJ, a little emotion is welcome, it tells me you're human.

I find it amusing that nowhere in this thread has anyone mentioned the cone bowling incident in the final round of Funny Car at Pomona this year... As I recall, some guy named Hight took out some cones in a losing effort to Gary Scelzi - another great driver who's taken out cones in the past. Oh, and then there's Whit Bazemore who's also done it before. And let's not forget seemingly 1/2 of the alcohol funny car class throughout eliminations in Pomona this year... Bottom line, it happens. As unfortunate and unsafe as it is, it happens to most everyone piloting a fuel car at one point or another.

And again, having not seen it I can't comment on the position of the butterflies, but let's not forget - this is an 8,000 horsepower animal accelerating quicker and faster than anything most of us have ever imagined. I'm not sure I'd be so quick to judge someone else's performance so critically given her relative experience level.

Am I kissing Ashley's ass? No. I'm merely pointing out that it's not that uncommon - regardless of who the driver is. Cut her a little slack.

Better check the replay-they were not open.

Since I didn't tape it, I can't rewatch it...But watching the replay during the show, I saw open holes. If she was off of it before the "second frame", my apologies... Guess I'm gonna have to have my local tavern owner pony up the $$ for an HD system if I'm gonna keep watching there...:D

But we do know Poppa told her to waste the parts- they'll make more.... NOT good advice for a rookie, in my opinion

Since I didn't tape it, I can't rewatch it...But watching the replay during the show, I saw open holes. If she was off of it before the "second frame", my apologies... Guess I'm gonna have to have my local tavern owner pony up the $$ for an HD system if I'm gonna keep watching there...:D

But we do know Poppa told her to waste the parts- they'll make more.... NOT good advice for a rookie, in my opinion
Martin
The butterflies were clearly open to the point of impact with the first 1000' block... Then they slapped shut, and she just took out the first timing block, but left the finish line block in place for the next DRIVER!!:D So you are not wrong with any of your observations from your friendly PUB...;)
I'll have another since your up as well...:)

OK... so she clobbered the first one with the right side under the headlight and the holes were open... She got off it (right?), corrected (good job BTW) and got the second block with the left bumper.. Am I close??

I think we saw alot of that in the left lane for some reason, by the best in the business... I know, we heard how narrow the groove is over and over again... I think most tracks are like that, but lets face it... These cars are set on kill every run, and I don't care who you are, they are going to drive themselves 85% of the time anyhow... How many times have we seen a drivers in car camera, where it is full lock left, or full lock right... These cars are a handful...:) Maybe two handfuls...:D It is a real judgement call about when to lift, and when to steer it or stay with it a little longer... I really hope this doesn't screw with her head to much... With three weeks until Gainesville, I just hope they stayed and made laps today... She will do just fine... I'll have a long talk with her Friday at dinner...:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back